Requests & Ideas - page 19

Thank you, Mladen.

ichi levels

the ichimoku levels are very useful but it's too complicated a system to keep on my charts while using other indicators. is it possible to have it display like the BB level indicator?

thanks

Fudo

Files:

Digital Filters

hi mladen,

I have to laugh at myself. I had a copy of the DigitalFilter Indicator already.

This is the problem with testing so many things.

I thought you might like this one, it's nearly identical but doesn't require you to install the dll in the windows32 folder. It's also has color option for up/down trend and a couple of extra settings.

cheers,

Fudo

Files:
dlls_1.zip  1319 kb
df.zip  181 kb

Fudo,

Yes that is the one (as I said it was developed originally by Sergey Iljukhin - what makes me wonder how comes a donate and a completely different guy in the donate when even he tells that Sergey Iljukhin is the original author)

As of dll : df.dll does not need to be in the windows\system32 folder but the rest 3 unfortunately still have to be placed there (it is the same dlls pack)

PS: be careful with it. It repaints. here are just a couple of places where it did repaint (if the slope is up, it should be green - as I said a lot of times, multi color line indicators have to be coded differently than the usual ways people are using)
regards

Mladen

Fudomyo:
hi mladen,

I have to laugh at myself. I had a copy of the DigitalFilter Indicator already.

This is the problem with testing so many things.

I thought you might like this one, it's nearly identical but doesn't require you to install the dll in the windows32 folder. It's also has color option for up/down trend and a couple of extra settings.

cheers,

Fudo

:)

Yes, it will affect it

People are forgetting how metatrader draws lines : let me try to explain on a simplest example :

Imagine 4 points : U U D U (where U is up and D is down) If you use the same buffer for the whole up sequence then the D point is going to be "overwritten" (since the surrounding Up points exits and metatrader "thinks that it is one uninterrupted line - there is ending Up (2nd U) and starting Up (3rd U) and according to all rules it is a line. The only way to avoid it is to draw the 3rd U using another buffer.

The fact that people are forgetting is that, in order to be defined, a line needs 2 points and that is what metatrader does it uses previous bar value (if it is not an EMPTY_VALUE) as a starting point and current bar value as an ending point for a line and if one forgets it then we get the "repainter". Almost all the trading software have similar problems (on NinjaTrader as far as I know, they still did not solve it, on Tradestation you need to change the color backwards in order to avoid wrong colors, and so on ...) It seems that we (on metatrader) are some of the few that have that issue solved (it just needs some extra coding, nothing else)

Here is an example how it should be done. It is the indicator from few posts ago with a color coding added (non repainting color coding - see the comparison of the points from a previous picture) As you see, that is not so complicated ).
regards

Mladen

Fudomyo:
Yes... this is always a problem, isn't it

I originally downloaded this version from the mql database.

It is incredible if Dmitry Yakovlev posted it there without Sergey's permission and is asking donations as well.

My Russian is very poor, but perhaps someone who can speak Russian, should let Sergey Iljukhin know about this.

btw: my oversight about the win32 library, you are correct.

Would the color coding option also affect an indicator like the All Averages? If so I will turn the color code option off on my charts.

I wasn't aware of this.

Thanks for explaining this.

I often wondered what the purpose of the additional colors fields were in the indicator window on color coded indicators, and noticed the overwrite in indicators like the xpma on the chart, but never understood the reasoning behind it.

It makes perfect sense.

mladen:

Yes, it will affect it

People are forgetting how metatrader draws lines : let me try to explain on a simplest example :

Imagine 4 points : U U D U (where U is up and D is down) If you use the same buffer for the whole up sequence then the D point is going to be "overwritten" (since the surrounding Up points exits and metatrader "thinks that it is one uninterrupted line - there is ending Up (2nd U) and starting Up (3rd U) and according to all rules it is a line. The only way to avoid it is to draw the 3rd U using another buffer.

The fact that people are forgetting is that, in order to be defined, a line needs 2 points and that is what metatrader does it uses previous bar value (if it is not an EMPTY_VALUE) as a starting point and current bar value as an ending point for a line and if one forgets it then we get the "repainter". Almost all the trading software have similar problems (on NinjaTrader as far as I know, they still did not solve it, on Tradestation you need to change the color backwards in order to avoid wrong colors, and so on ...) It seems that we (on metatrader) are some of the few that have that issue solved (it just needs some extra coding, nothing else)

Here is an example how it should be done. It is the indicator from few posts ago with a color coding added (non repainting color coding - see the comparison of the points from a previous picture) As you see, that is not so complicated ).
regards Mladen

Yes... this is always a problem, isn't it.

I originally downloaded this version from the mql database.

It is incredible if Dmitry Yakovlev posted it there without Sergey's permission and is asking donations as well.

btw: my oversight about the win32 library, you are correct.

Would the color coding option also affect an indicator like the All Averages? If so I will turn the color code option off on my charts.

I wasn't aware of this.

mladen:
Fudo,

Yes that is the one (as I said it was developed originally by Sergey Iljukhin - what makes me wonder how comes a donate and a completely different guy in the donate when even he tells that Sergey Iljukhin is the original author)

As of dll : df.dll does not need to be in the windows\system32 folder but the rest 3 unfortunately still have to be placed there (it is the same dlls pack)

regards

Mladen

mladen:

Yes, it will affect it

regards Mladen

Mladen, have a question about digital filter indicator, when I change value in FilterType lets say from 0 to 1, nothing happens and line disappear. So I changed back to 0 and only changed values in subFilter, then let's say works fine. Am I missing something?

altoronto,

in that case you are getting a comment in the upper left corner that the parameters are not correct. For filter type 1 P1 must be less then D1

regards

Mladen

Originally Posted by altoronto

Mladen, have a question about digital filter indicator, when I change value in FilterType lets say from 0 to 1, nothing happens and line disappear. So I changed back to 0 and only changed values in subFilter, then let's say works fine. Am I missing something?

Cluster Indicators

newdigital:
Fixed indicators are attached (indicators did not refresh so please find fixed versions attached). The other indicators from the article seems with no problem. But, as I see, they updated the article so, may be, they fixed the indicators by themselves..

Greetings all,

Could someone kindly modify these cluster indicators so that they will work on offline charts. I would like to use them with range bar charts.

I also included the Complex_pairs1 file. Would you please check to see it if needs fixing in order to refresh.

Files:
cc.mq4  17 kb
ccfp.mq4  17 kb
cfp.mq4  14 kb
Reason: