Trend indicators - page 23

voltagetoe:
Thank you very much Mrtools !

I tweaked it for M15 timeframe and added a sound that stands out from all the other alerts.

I "know" how to improve the indicator furthermore. This attached image shows how it is possible to filter out bad and painful countertrend signals. it is also possible to filter many generally bad signals by using the same Fisher M11 indicator. I will tell more if someone is interested. I am not a coder myself - I can only edit some attributes of code, nothing more than that.

Alright I tested more oscillators as filters and it seems like Ehlers Fisher Transform is very good for increasing quality of signals generally. Doesn't yet filter out destructive countertrend signals, but that is another thing.

So, is there any coder that could integrate this logic behind Ehlers Fisher Transform as a filter for the TrendSignal 2.2 indicator ?

My settings for Ehlers are:

Dead zone is from -0.4 - 0.4 (nothing gets taken in between these values)

Fish Period = 28

voltagetoe:
Alright I tested more oscillators as filters and it seems like Ehlers Fisher Transform is very good for increasing quality of signals generally. Doesn't yet filter out destructive countertrend signals, but that is another thing.

So, is there any coder that could integrate this logic behind Ehlers Fisher Transform as a filter for the TrendSignal 2.2 indicator ?

My settings for Ehlers are:

Dead zone is from -0.4 - 0.4 (nothing gets taken in between these values)

Fish Period = 28

Hello Voltagetoe,

Can you share your template also, love the black and white theme

Thanks !

mladen:
doody

You are right. The indicator you posted does not repaint.

Here is the same thing but written differently (simpler code, no restriction in bars (it works for the whole chart now)) I think it will be clearer what does it do (from the code) now and it is more suitable for further working on now.

PS: kept all the logic same as in the original

regards

Mladen

Hey mladen - this is pretty good if I set risk to 1. Could you or someone else filter most of these arrows away via changeable semaphor range/period ?

Files:

Perecentage of trend ...

An indicator for metatrader 5 by biantoro

Posting it as is

Big Joe:
Hello Voltagetoe,

Can you share your template also, love the black and white theme

Thanks !

Alright Joe man,

Here's spAce Swinger v1 which is almost the same.

mladen:
Number of bars is already a parameter (the is the ChannelLength - as we said it should say width but let us leave it as is for now, the length is referring to the way how it is calculated internally)

Please, play a bit with the indicator parameters to explore how it works. Also compare it to the one posted a few posts ago (the linear regression value) in order to familiarize how it works. I am afraid that nobody can answer all the questions of some indicators behavior in some situations (otherwise its name would be the "holly grail") Experiment and use what indicators are best at : immediate visual result of some settings

regards

Mladen

dear mladen,

i missed this post in being anxious to splurge on having an ea created, so missed your comment about re.painting, am bummed.

please help save me. ea has been working tick by tick and using close of bar for indicator, but for ea mode of bars.end.only i dont know why programmer just now sees, probably because hes zooming in on one bars values versus another more. i have attached two chart pix wsith comments on it by programmer.

so if you could kindly help sir, need this to not do any re.painting, hopefully without any degeneration of its effectiveness. have to leave that up to you. glad to share the ea with you in exchange for this critical thought and adjustment.

thanks.

jerry

Files:
image1.gif  241 kb
image2.gif  246 kb

I think I had already explained this but here it goes again ...

First of all, when a line is drawn, it has to have 2 points : a starting point and an ending point. Hence, an indicator that is drawing colored lines, when draws a 1 bar value must at least start at the previous bar. That is why I repeatedly told that indicators that are coded for non repainting colors are not suitable to look for color changes "examination" since, in cases like that, they have to add one extra point. And no, it is not repainting.

Second, the case you are showing is a case of an opened bar that is drawing that 2 point line in progress. That is not repainting. That is one single value drawn using the rules I explained (the 2 points needed for line). It is a way how you must draw lines in metatrader in order to avoid repainting and to prived that the line is visible at all. In that indicator there are 2 buffers that need to be examined for entries : trend indicator and slope indicator. When they are the same (either 1 for trend continuation or start up or -1 for trend continuation or start down) then it is a time for entries. It does not matter at all that they are not drawn on chart : they are accessible from any other code (EA for example)

Hope this helped. There is no repainting of any kind in that indicator, just use different coding logic to access what you are looking for.

all the best

Batchboy:
dear mladen,

i missed this post in being anxious to splurge on having an ea created, so missed your comment about re.painting, am bummed.

please help save me. ea has been working tick by tick and using close of bar for indicator, but for ea mode of bars.end.only i dont know why programmer just now sees, probably because hes zooming in on one bars values versus another more. i have attached two chart pix wsith comments on it by programmer.

so if you could kindly help sir, need this to not do any re.painting, hopefully without any degeneration of its effectiveness. have to leave that up to you. glad to share the ea with you in exchange for this critical thought and adjustment.

thanks.

jerry

mladen:
I think I had already explained this but here it goes again ...

First of all, when a line is drawn, it has to have 2 points : a starting point and an ending point. Hence, an indicator that is drawing colored lines, when draws a 1 bar value must at least start at the previous bar. That is why I repeatedly told that indicators that are coded for non repainting colors are not suitable to look for color changes "examination" since, in cases like that, they have to add one extra point. And no, it is not repainting.

Second, the case you are showing is a case of an opened bar that is drawing that 2 point line in progress. That is not repainting. That is one single value drawn using the rules I explained (the 2 points needed for line). It is a way how you must draw lines in metatrader in order to avoid repainting and to prived that the line is visible at all. In that indicator there are 2 buffers that need to be examined for entries : trend indicator and slope indicator. When they are the same (either 1 for trend continuation or start up or -1 for trend continuation or start down) then it is a time for entries. It does not matter at all that they are not drawn on chart : they are accessible from any other code (EA for example)

Hope this helped. There is no repainting of any kind in that indicator, just use different coding logic to access what you are looking for.

all the best

Thx mladen. Presume this applies to the adaptive version you availed us, no need respond if so.

Any version using non-repainting multi color line drawing has those same rules ... if you have an indicator drawing arrows, or histogram you can use the logic of examining color buffer value, but for a non-repainting multi colored line you can not

PS: just as a curiousity, even in tradestation when you want to make a non-repainting multi color line you have to change a color from the end of the previous point in order to make it right (otherwise you will get a completely wrong colors in some cases).

Batchboy:
Thx mladen. Presume this applies to the adaptive version you availed us, no need respond if so.

Lines demo ...

Posting this simple example to show the difference between line drawing and points drawing in metatrader and hopefully clarify some coding things

It has just one parameter. DrawLines. If set to true it will set the drawing style of 2 drawing buffers to line, and if set to false, it will draw dots instead (so not lines). What id does is even simpler. If previous point of some color is drawn, then the next point is drawn in other color. Now see the comparison of the 2 modes : upper is when it is drawing "dots" and lower is when it is drawing lines. And no, your ayes are not failing you : in the part where you should see lines you see nothing, since colored lines can not be drawn by specifying just one point. I hope that this example will clarify what is actually happening in metatrader drawing buffers if some rules are not obeyed since the only difference between the 2 is the drawing style - values are exactly the same

Files:
Reason: