Requests & Ideas - page 21

Hey Mladen,

I was wondering if you had a indicator which shows where the price stands in terms of percentage above/below a certain period moving average?

If not, could you make an indicator where the user can choose the period, type of moving average (SMA, DMA, EMA, LWMA, OMA, etc), MTF capability, and anything else you can think of.

I have attached a chart of what the indicator may look like.

thanks,

jim

Files:
dmap.jpg  129 kb

weekly pivot

Hello everybody,

Should be possible to transform this wonderful daily pivot indicator attached to show weekly pivot instead the daily one, preserving the same graphic appearance and all the settings?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Best regards

Brax64

Files:
pivotsd_v5.mq4  31 kb

94315jim:
Hey Mladen,

I was wondering if you had a indicator which shows where the price stands in terms of percentage above/below a certain period moving average?

If not, could you make an indicator where the user can choose the period, type of moving average (SMA, DMA, EMA, LWMA, OMA, etc), MTF capability, and anything else you can think of.

I have attached a chart of what the indicator may look like.

thanks,

jim

I can suggest NMC indicators, they do the similar job(deviation) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179737/page4

thanks mladen for the indicator........

biddick.....thanks for the suggestions on the NMC indicator........

jim

Jim

I agree with biddick - those indicators do show similar things to what you asked for

But just in case you stick to your original idea, here is a one that shows a price difference from a chosen average as percentage. Averages included in this one are the following (the Method parameter):
0 - simple moving average

1 - exponential moving average

2 - smoothed moving average

3 - linear weighted moving average

4 - linear regression value (this one has many other names : LSMA, end point moving average, time series forecast... and probably some more )

5 - triangular moving average

6 - sine weighted moving average

7 - volume weighted moving average

8 - median

So, this one shows just the simple percentage difference of the current price compared to the chosen average. No additional calculation done on it

PS: found an error when median is used as a basis for calculations. If you get a zero divide error (or no values displayed on chart when using median for average type), please re-download the indicator

regards

Mladen

Files:
pp.gif  24 kb

brax64:
Hello everybody,

Should be possible to transform this wonderful daily pivot indicator attached to show weekly pivot instead the daily one, preserving the same graphic appearance and all the settings?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Best regards

Brax64

Hi Brax64,

Thanks for posting this nice pivot indicator!

Not able to get the weekly pivot working but did add a bar clock to it with adjustable color and adjustable font size for those of us who need a little help seeing

Best Regards

tools

Files:

halvardu:
Hi Mladen :-)

Can you please make a mail option in this indicator? I would like it to send mail if a candle has broken and CLOSED a s/r.

Thanks in advance

Regards, halvard

Can you do this for me Mladen?? Please

Halvard

Try this out.

I am not guaranteeing it works OK (I did test it and it worked OK but it is a decompiled code, difficult to read) Did not alter the alerts that were coded before (for the reasons stated) In these you can choose if the break should be on current bar or a previous closed bar and all the rest that is normal for alerts (email, sound,messages...) You can even use the 2 alerts in the same time, but as I told you, I did not alter the how old alert works, so it only give a message ...

PS: old alerts are triggered by "AlertsOn" and the new ones by the "alertsOn" (small letter a at the beginning)

regards

Mladen

halvardu:
Can you do this for me Mladen?? Please
Files:

Thanks alot Mladen . Will test it this week ;-).

Best Regards,

Halvard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a little problem with the indicator, it gives alert whent i breaks the HC1_1 and LC1-1 lines, but that is take profit, so it should

not alert on this lines, is it possible to fix that??

Halvard

mrtools:
Hi Brax64,

Thanks for posting this nice pivot indicator!

Not able to get the weekly pivot working but did add a bar clock to it with adjustable color and adjustable font size for those of us who need a little help seeing

Best Regards

tools

Hi mrtools,

Thanks anyway for trying I hope that somebody can find a solution

regards

Brax64

Reason: