Bad signals/service reporting - page 7

rentsignal

I just rentsignal for a week but in the EA statement said profit USD1126++ my own account just profit usd14.73.

Please help me.It is RAS scam???????

i have never used them but a lot of good traders using this service to share his trades, so i don't think that this is a scam.

Regards

RAS stats are not updated every day especially for the weekly stats. Besides, RAS weekly stats are taken for 7 past days (from Monday to Monday, from Friday to Friday and so on). It can not be wrong.

Besides, this RAS stats is what the vendor is reporting to RAS.

If you are unsure so ask for clone for your subcribed signal. Clone is automatic buyer and the performance of this automatic buyer will be sent directly to RAS. In this case you can compare: automatic buyer's performance (I as a buyer) and your performance.

So, don't be confused with the stats:

when you are subscribing to some signal - you see the statements reported by vendor. His stats. And sometimes - vendor's stats and buyer's stats may be different.

My example.

Some vendor is making scalping. His reported statement is very good. I as a buyer (clone of this signal) - receive the losses. My buyer's stats may be different from his reported stats. It was many times.

So, before subscribing to some signal (or in any time) - always ask to create the clone for this signal (clone = automatic buyer). You can ask for automatic buyer for your broker with your demo deposit and so on. As the clone is the public buyer's stats so everybody will see the differences.

It is the only way to know about which performance you will have in case you will subscribe to some signal.

Because you know ... it is same with broker ... can we consider that the broker is playing forex game on the traders' side? So, same with the vendors ...

In such the cases: clone of the signal will help to understand.

Open and close time is same with vendor. But RAS EA is working only when Metatrader is connected with the broker (for example: "old tick ..." message is disconnection and it is something between your account and your broker.

RAS EA is sending the information to RAS website by every tick so if you have the ticks by data (price is moving) so everything will be fine.

Missing trades - in most of the cases - because of the disconnection of the Metatrader from the broker's server: RAS EA can not open the trades with very different price from the vendor.

Because when the vendor is sending the trades to RAS website and to any other service so he is sending it "as is".

When you are receiving this trade from copy trades tool for example (there are a lot of them on the forum) - you are receiving something about "open trade at market price now".

When you are using RAS EA: you are receiving the signal from RAS website as "open trade at the price 1.65748 right now". And right now - your price is 1.65748 if my broker is Alpari rus and your broker is IBFX for example? Because if it is too different by high low of the bar - RAS EA will not open this trade and you will have something written on the chart as "1 trade with very different price".

So '1 order with very different price' means that it didn't open a trade due to a large differentiation in broker / signal provider price...or that is fif but the price is 'very different'...how does it define the difference in price i.e. what are the thresholds and can this be changed?

So '1 order with very different price' means that it didn't open a trade due to a large differentiation in broker / signal provider price

Yes, exactly.

2 things are important in RAS (for buyer's RAS EA):

- price of the vendor to open the trade,

- time to open the trade (for the vendor).

In case of your metatrader was disconnected from the broker' server so RAS EA will not work (during the disconnction). But when Metatrader is re-connected so "price for vendor" is the main factor. In this case your buyer RAS EA is checking the price for open the trade with vendor's trade.

In most of the cases - missing trades are disconnection of Metatrader from the broker's server during the good price movement. Because RAS EA will not open the trade in the market price. RAS EA will open the trade in the vendor's price.

What means "different price"?

As I remember - the developers explained me something about high/low of the previous candle ... I do not remember now sorry ...

I know that if you see "different price" so it is not 3 or 5 pips. It may be more then 10 pips (4 digit pips).

Because it is better to miss those trades then to open them in so different price.

Because this section is not RAS section.

It is forex TSD forum section for RAS service.

And ... there are a lot of vendors in RAS. But how many vendors want "to show their face in public" speaking with their buyers in case of profit or loss? Not many of them.

So, general suggestion: subscribe to the public vendors who open the thread here to speak with their clients.

Moderators can not express personal opinion about which signal is good or bad. But as I know - moderators are not activating any signal if the vendor did not open the thread here or on any other forum to speak with his buyers about everything (it is the requirement of TSD forum we are using). As I know - some other forums may do the same: accepting the talking about some signal only if the vendor is on their thread posting and replying.

So, general suggestions: subscribe to the vendors who are having the threads here or on the other forums talking with their clients.

You were right newdigital; I discovered that FXCM-UK has been having server disconnect/reconnect problems all week ... aarrgghh ... this also affected Tradestation users. I hope they fix the server problems soon.

Status of FXCM servers: http://www.fxstatus.com/

newdigital, you talked about "opening trades" during connection problems, but what about "closing trades" ... if I have trades open and the signal provider sends a "buy/sell to close" at a specified price and my MT4 goes offline, when my MT4 comes online again, what does the RAS EA do ... leave the trade open, close it out, wait for the specified price target again?

mandelmus:
You were right newdigital; I discovered that FXCM-UK has been having server disconnect/reconnect problems all week ... aarrgghh ... this also affected Tradestation users. I hope they fix the server problems soon.

Status of FXCM servers: Trading Station Update Center at FX Trading Station Support Portal

newdigital, you talked about "opening trades" during connection problems, but what about "closing trades" ... if I have trades open and the signal provider sends a "buy/sell to close" at a specified price and my MT4 goes offline, when my MT4 comes online again, what does the RAS EA do ... leave the trade open, close it out, wait for the specified price target again?

yes, this info would be useful. On the small ampount of price mismatches I've seen on my demo, they have all been on the closing price / time when the trade has closed later at the then market price (some times better, mostly worse than vendors price). When I check logs there is no connection or error messages.

Reason: