Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 102

renko ea?

hi,

does anybody have a renko ea that buys and sells on color changes? also im looking for it to trade of the offline chart running the renko script/expert

mrtools:
Good time of year, open up the demo, pull out some of the new and old toys and see if i can get the hang of this renko thing so far still kicking my butt!!!

Can you share your indicators and template'

Regards

mrtools:
Eurusd 10 pip box and for the bars using an adaptive paint bar, with the metatrader chart properties for bars and candles set at none for color.

Thanks. Can you share the indicators expecially the stoch tape?

Nuts!!!

Hey guys, I have been trying - unsuccessfully -- to get the Renko chart going in my 2 minute off-line EUR/USD chart in MetaTrader. This is the download from Mr. Nims first post in this thread....

I think I have successfully downloaded the EA, which is running fine with the indicators and template in the 1 minute chart.... I have triple checked all the check boxes...

But for some reason when I open the 2 minute chart.... I just get green 2 minute OHLC bars.

Is there anyone who might help me on this?

I understand all the logic and trading strategy... but I must be missing something simple..

Thanks very much.

Easy..

Once you have the script running on the 1M chart, you

open the renko template on the 2m or anyM not used

in mt4 default OFFLINE chart.

Go to open offline and then load 2M for example and then

load the renko template on that offline chart.

GF

Just to reiterate... just the renko script on the regular 1 M chart

and then the indicators and template on the 2M offline chart.

sizzle:
Hey guys, I have been trying - unsuccessfully -- to get the Renko chart going in my 2 minute off-line EUR/USD chart in MetaTrader. This is the download from Mr. Nims first post in this thread....

I think I have successfully downloaded the EA, which is running fine with the indicators and template in the 1 minute chart.... I have triple checked all the check boxes...

But for some reason when I open the 2 minute chart.... I just get green 2 minute OHLC bars.

Is there anyone who might help me on this?

I understand all the logic and trading strategy... but I must be missing something simple..

Thanks very much.

GF

Thanks very much for your prompt reply... I hoped you might be around today (although it's holiday time) because I previously read your post #50 and kept trying!!!

I am now getting boxes... with the template... on my 2 minute JPYUSD chart!

I had smiley faces... and have used EAs... but not scripts before.

When I read through Mr. Nims original PDF... I expected to get plain old green outline and white boxes as in his example when I opened the M2 off-line. That format has still never appeared.

It's just for curiousity... and I am just trying to learn more about MT4... but should I get a "plain" Renko chart in the associated M2 created by the EA? Or is it always necessary to apply the template so that the data from M1 is captured and presented in the offline version?

Once again, thanks for your patience and help. I have appreciated your posts on the thread very much.

Sizzle..

Absolutely.. no problem. Yes you need a template

to see them well, the renko chart. It doesnt have to have

any indicators on it, etc but a template for layout of the renko

is necessary for good viewing.

All the best

Brian

sizzle:
GF

Thanks very much for your prompt reply... I hoped you might be around today (although it's holiday time) because I previously read your post #50 and kept trying!!!

I am now getting boxes... with the template... on my 2 minute JPYUSD chart!

I had smiley faces... and have used EAs... but not scripts before.

When I read through Mr. Nims original PDF... I expected to get plain old green outline and white boxes as in his example when I opened the M2 off-line. That format has still never appeared.

It's just for curiousity... and I am just trying to learn more about MT4... but should I get a "plain" Renko chart in the associated M2 created by the EA? Or is it always necessary to apply the template so that the data from M1 is captured and presented in the offline version?

Once again, thanks for your patience and help. I have appreciated your posts on the thread very much.

Thanks again, Brian. Happy New Year and Good Trading in 2010.

Tom

Happy New Year

sizzle:
Thanks again, Brian. Happy New Year and Good Trading in 2010. Tom

Awesome, Happy New Year and Great Trading to you as well!

GF

sizzle:
But for some reason when I open the 2 minute chart.... I just get green 2 minute OHLC bars

For EA based renko, the market should be active for it to display.

The renko display is based on the history data available on the base Chart, hence you need to scroll back the base chart for at least two months.

If you can not get 2 months on M1, you can try higher TF but the PAST renko bars here may not be very accurate if your renko box size is small.

Note: renko requires tick feed, since tick feed history data is not available, the best accuracy will be from M1 history data feed.

Reason: