MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 20

Well the customer is always right

So hopefully there will be an option to choose wich one to use MT4 or MT5 for a long long time

Then when/if the majority of the customers use MT5 then maybe it is time to let go of MT4?

If i had run a brokerfirm i would use MT4 as long as possible to get new customers from those who only will allow MT5

(sorry about the spelling, i am sober but english is not my language )

Some time ago someone asked for a "tape like" MACD (that the difference between MACD and Signal line should be plotted as a tape instead of plotting two separate lines) I answered him to wait for metatrader 5 since it will be very simple to make it then

Here it is. As simple as it gets

Files:

Did I say I like new timeframes?

Linuxser:
Did I say I like new timeframes?

New timeframe is good.But i want your new LNX WCCI.MQL5

GreatYves:
For me, MT4 or MT5 will remain what it have always been, a free way to get nice free charts, with more indicators tools then on my broker of choice java platform. I don't even need to give it's name here. And now you can even play game on it! I know it's only to show the capabilities but who knows what's next! Until i find an ea that really work then only i would open a live metatrader account. But from what i have seen about server side broker capabilities to tamper with ea, i don't think that will happen soon. But it's funny how everybody seem to want to ignore this fact. Bucket shops will keep doing what they have always done but now only more subtle. Traders will always be suckers to them.

I agree, with one exception. I have been with MB for over two years and they are everything they say they are. I have no reason to doubt them over their effort to make MT4 work without all the bucket shop junk. They can hardly use the MT4 "rip the client off" settings when the client may be running their Nav app as well.

mladen:
Some time ago someone asked for a "tape like" MACD (that the difference between MACD and Signal line should be plotted as a tape instead of plotting two separate lines) I answered him to wait for metatrader 5 since it will be very simple to make it then Here it is. As simple as it gets

The MQL developer community has been quite negative about this latest release and for good reason, but its great to someone actually taking that first step and providing practical examples on which others can build.

Metaquotes should be working far more closely with sites like TSD, and the people who have indirectly made their platform the success it is. Someone needed to get the ball rolling and start getting stuff out there, and you are to be congratulated for being amongst the first to do so.

Some more "fooling around" Why should just other platforms have something like this?

painless:
I agree, with one exception. I have been with MB for over two years and they are everything they say they are. I have no reason to doubt them over their effort to make MT4 work without all the bucket shop junk. They can hardly use the MT4 "rip the client off" settings when the client may be running their Nav app as well.

ECN like MB is the exception, it is my prefered too. I am still at Oanda, but next time i fund an account it will be with MB.

Correction

A correction to one of my statements : there is no limitation in number of colors used in color lines in metatrader 5 (see the attached picture)

The only limitation is when you look in the colors tab where it shows only first 8 colors, but this limitation is understandable (colors displayed for the above picture)

Files:

I'm really disapointed with MT5.

Well, my only dream of MT5 was better portfolio backtester and optimizer. Now it seems that there will be no backtester at all. I really don't know how all these graphics features which I did not ask for can this be better product than MT4 for my purpose. It is simply worse as the bad backtester turned to be no backtester at all. Funny way of solving problems and keep customers happy.

Just wonder, is the lack of backtester a new NFA requirement?

Reason: