IMax Indicator - page 11

asking indicator

Hi, Xard777. What is the name of your last indicator in the picture above? Can you post it ?

Thanks.

xard777:
Hi there,

I am using build 223, no problems with viewing imax or mtf versions

remember you need iMAX.mq4 file to run mtf versions.

You can see from iMAX Dashboard chart that usdchf at 100 and eurusd at 0 - possible turning points.

For future addition to iMAX dashboard possibly make percent number 0 & 100 color change to yellow to highlight possible turning

points.

Xard777

ps I apologise if the size of my pictures are too big for some ppl but I find it much easier to get my point across.

will you please post the indi points color yellow, green, orange thx

This Imax Dashboard is exceptional....

Great work.

Has anyone thought of having a dot painted or chime/alert on the 0% and 100% readings? This would really make the charts easy to manage, and almost direct the trader to profitable opportunities on various charts, even those that aren't open on the screen...? This could simplify tracking multiple pairs greatly...

TS

Lots of good ideas here...

iMAX is a newly introduced type of filtered indicator that is now finding it's applications. The idea of alerts across multiple timeframes and currencies is a good one, and it is probably a race as to who can or will code and contribute such applications.

Currently the iMAX Detector v1.1 by kang_gun gives very good "strong" and "weak" trend indicators across timeframes.... though there are no alerting systems designed around that source of information now... I am sure there will be... because, you can just watch the "push" / "pull" effects of fast trend changes on the iMAX Detector v1.1 in real time... Manual trading is almost intuitive, when you can see when a strong trend is in your favor above and below your base timeframe... (open chart), when opening a position. And, as you detect the weakening in the lower timeframe... you can exit at good profit... You can see this happen very clearly when a stable indicator such as iMAX is used for trend detection in multiple timeframes. And, of course you can observe price action in MTF and Multiple currencies... but a stable indicator like iMAX clarifies tracking price movements... and strategic trading decision making becomes easier.

There are no EA's currently designed to take advantage of the iMAX indicator... and if one is developed it will hopefully be a little more sophisticted than to simply use iMAX as a single input on a single timeframe, which will perform relatively poorly if that is all it does. The real potential for an EA using the iMAX indicator is to analyze the fast trends in multiple timeframes to increase the likelihood of profitable trading in it's base timeframe... or better yet to intelligently switch timeframes to where the best action is at... and iMAX inputs from multiple timeframes is what could be used by an EA to that end, with very good prospects for profitability. Multiple currency price tracking using the same methods, and correlatating changes... well it is clear that there are opportunities to be explored...

imax mtf in bars

Earlier there was a suggestion to create imax mtf in bar format as in forexfreedom type bars. This would be useful as it then also gives you a history of when the mtf bars changed or crossed over.

Be great if one of the accomplished programmers could achieve that - shouldn't take too long if you used the basic code of say forexfreedom void bars - the latter was converted so as not to repaint i believe.

Thanks

Pardy

Correct Template Request.

Hello Wiley!

Thanks for the Great Indicator Package!!!

But I use template imax alert missed and I add manualy and then this happen.

please there is too many arrows..

Best Regards,

Vortex1

You have the option on each of the alert indicators to enable or disable arrows... so if you don't want arrows or so many arrows... you have control of that.

And the template is for educational purposes... to alter as you wish... this is not a fully developed trading system... just some ideas... so if you have a better system... post it...

I said I would do that if no one else would... because like you... I know it is easier for someone to work with a coding type they are familiar with, or have a template for rather than me writing something from scratch.

And, there is a history of crossings now, and exactly when they took place... it is on the chart itself with the two phase signal displayed.

I think the freedom bar idea has some merit... but, because of the intrinsic display stability, I think, rightly so, some folks with talent here are developing the other types of MTF displays... which have some exciting spin off possibilities.

Because there has been some talent working on developing applications for this indicator... I have decided to spend a little time... improving the indicator itself.

So, after the market opens this week I want to test out my new iMAX High Performance version or iMAXhp.

iMAXhp I hope will maintain the inherent stability of the iMAX indicator, but improve responsiveness by one to two bars. I already have it coded, but want to see it work live for a bit, then I will release it. It will never be as fast as Jurik... but, it has such good filtering characteristics that I have a feeling it will hold it's own, in its own right. In fact I plan to show a comparison of an iMAXhp and a similar Jurik indicator... and I know what the results are, the pluses and minus of both indicators, and this could be very controversial, but I have a strong opinion about what the results tell me that I will render when I release iMAXhp this coming week.

So, thanks for everyone's interest, and help! Left to my own devices... things have a way turning out strangely... note my avatar... ha ha, but with everyone here helping out in different ways... I think we can accomplish some good work!

More updates as promised...

Hey that looks cool... so I hope you will be happy with the additions I will now make... because there is a new version of iMAX... and here it is! You know from that photo you have posted there it looks like iMAX is doing a better job of rendering the fast trend changes than the Jaimo is... ummm... and iMAXhp is a step up from the original iMAX.... so here it is...

(PS When I tried the Jaimo iMAX indicator I noticed some problems right off... in corner 3 default... I only showed one indicator being displayed... the iMAX was blank... when I shift to corner 4... the iMAX indicator appears to be showing, but the Jaimo isn't... so there are some things to work out in this code.... also I have noticed that kang_gun got away with not addressing the iMAX indicator with the Phase shift parameter included... probably not wise... because this does go against the convention of addressing an indicator with the exact order and number of external parameters in the iCustom statement... but it appeared to work for kang_gun... but I would recommend following conventions... otherwise the coding may fail in various situations.)

This is iMAXhp (hi performance) and it may change a few things... the original iMAX is still functional... useful, but there is an option now for faster responsiveness... so here are some introductory statements with the new release...

iMAXhp, iMAXhpAlert, and iMAXhp Detector carry copyrights by the author.

The author grants permission to view and utilize the code as long as the copyright is acknowleged. Translation... give credit where credit is due for the use of the copyrighted materials used in your work... or others suffer when information starts to become restricted.

Changes in iMAXhp vs iMAX:

Trend updates on the open bar, for greater responsiveness.

No external adjustments to make by the user.

Automatic phase step size selection for timeframes/periods/charts.

Improved trend detection times over the original iMAX... on the order of two bars advantage.

Changes in iMAXhp Detector over the previous iMAX MTF Detector V1.1 by kang_gun

Global variable values set, with error checking for interfacing.

Stream lined coding.

Color changes for better viewing on laptop displays.

This is a chart photo of iMAXhp on the H4 chart just to slow things down and you can see what it looks like... a little different than iMAX, but not much. So we will compare iMAX to iMAXhp in the next photo.

Files:
imaxhp1.gif  23 kb

Next photo

You can see what I did here... it looks like I have done some kind of a piggy back on the original iMAX... which is displayed with the White and Orange lines. What has happened is I am using a different method of accomplishing a signal phase shift of Ehler's MOEF. In the case of iMAXhp... I am amplitude phase shifting which can be done faster than frequency phase shifting using the MT4 bars to accomplish that... which I originally did. Now that limits iMAX in terms of responsiveness to the minimum frequency allowed by bar changes. So, to improve performance, I switch to amplitude phase shifting, and have to specify an amplitude which is the Phase Shift Step parameter in the code. I also now have to allow iMAXhp to update itself on the open bar, or it could be caught in situations where it is not updated fast enough and would have the trend incorrect for brief periods of time... but that should not be the case the way I did this... So now we have the advantage of Ehler's MOEF and hopefully a better means of capturing it's benefits using the improved phase shifting technique.

I hear a lot of good things about Jurik, and I have looked at Jurik rather critically because I have a fair amount of experience now running tests on different indicators, and have found that indicators that are intrinsically tuned by their length or period... require tuning to maintain their efficiency in actual use... and this is a serious matter... and a lot of work here at Forex TSD has been related to that... issues of adapting to dominant cycles and periods... and so on. iMAX and iMAXhp are not tuned by length or period, but are directly responsive to price action, which is filtered. This has some understated advantages in my humble opinion... and I have said I would show something of a simple comparison of what this means... and I will, but I am not sure exactly when that will happen... I am busy... taxes and things like that... so I will say what is on my mind at some point in time here.

For now, I will release iMAXhp and the iMAXhp Detector versions... because I think they might help some people working on MTF and dashboard displays to see what I have in mind as to how to make those applications useful as foundations for both manual and automated trading. iMAXhp Detector actually generates global variables for extracting that information by an automated system... and I am showing some thoughts along those lines in the code. So, if others wish to contribute you are welcome do that here by whatever means... that adds capability or utility or understanding to developing this indicator.

Attached are the iMAXhp adaptations to the original indicators... iMAX, iMAXalert, and iMAX MTF Detector by kang_gun.

Thanks to all and good luck trading, and coding too for the coders here.

Files:
Reason: