IMax Indicator - page 6

iMAX MTF DETECTOR V1.1 Horisontal

xard777:
Hi there

I made some changes to iMAX display

Changed DarkGreen to LimeGreen and Maroon to Tomato.

Also changed from vertical view to horizonal view, removed the arrows and made the Period text change color like the arrows did.

The thing is, I am not a coder, can you please tidy up the code for me and repost.

Thanks

Xard777

I hope this as your request....

KG

how about apply IMAX with candle,maybe CJA can help on this idea

Bookkeeper - with new ideas

Hi majorbillion,

Here comes Bookkeeper-Setup with new ideas.

Files:

Thanks

Looks interesting!

Regarding avi1's question about price action...

avi1 and anyone else who may not be able to read and understand the code...

iMAX recalculates it's values for the blue and red lines on the chart each tick. It doesn't presuppose anything, nor rewrite history... it is as honest and stable an indicator as I can imagine...

At each new tick it calculates values for for the blue and red lines and updates them at the change to a new bar... once a bar is closed it's value is not recalculated. I had to modify my statement here, because it has been awhile since I used iMAX, and am getting reaquainted with it. Since iMAX does change it's chart values at the opening of a new bar it does have a delay... some might like it as form of trend confirmation... and some might not.

I found this to be a good starting indicator for use with my own EA which would literally open and close orders during an open bar... because it will trade so fast... I put in a minimum 90 second delay before it will trade again, and a 90 second visible stop loss which is removed at that time, and then the EA goes into "stealth mode" which I am not going to say anything more about... but iMAX proved to be a good indicator when I wanted and needed an indicator that gave me exact calculations, and did not alter history at all. ....And this statement I also need to modify because I found it great for not rewriting history, and will not cause any problems for an EA that can trade on an open bar, but I was not getting maximum benefit of being able to trade on an open bar with iMAX... and that is why am currently not using it for that. iMAX was just a very simple, easy to implement indicator that gave good results, compared to more exotic methods I use now. By other means... I can get a one to three bar advantage over iMAX in entry and exit times, and this is truly pushing the limits for trend detection, but it comes a an extremely complex set of methods... iMAX by comparison will show a profit with very simple filtering methods, and I think is probably a very good indicator for relative newbies to start to play around with building a trading system around, and even I have some appreciation for it's inherent simplicity and keep it handy just in case I find some way of mixing it with something else or just as a stable display...

New Horizontal MTF versions...

Thanks xard777 for a new approach, and KG for helping to refine it... I am just wondering if the new horizontal version would be best in a separate window... keeps it out of the price action on the chart, and I know a lot of folks prefer that to be the case.

Tried the xard777 version but it did not display on my chart on first use, but KG's iMAX MTF DETECTOR V1.1 Horisontal version did, so I will post KG's new version on the first post. If xard777's version is improved and works so I can see it on my charts, then I will post it on the first post as well...

xard777 copyright question....

xard777

When looking at your code I see a copyright... so I have a question for you... but first I would like to say that I have deliberately not claimed any legal copyright per se on iMAX... it is a contribution to the public domain by me. Even though though there is a copyright property entry in the code, it simply says "Wiley" with no date, and to even attempt to establish a legitimate copyright it has to have a date attached, which I do not do, since I am only cluing people in to who wrote the code I submitted, in case they have questions, but there is no need for permission by me for anyone to use, or modify the code. And in that case, actually Forex TSD as publisher actually may have some rights, if they wanted to establish and assert them, otherwise not.

But, I do believe that when someone alters a piece of code, and republishes it, that they should identify the code as alterted by them, by putting their name on it, and modifying the title so it can be distinguished by others, one version of the code from another, and one author from another if for no other reason than to help users direct any questions they have to the author, who hopefully knows something about their own work that might be helpful to their users.

So here is my question to you.... the code I see that you submitted has KG's name and copyright on it... so I do not want to post your code on the first page, first post, under his name, unless I know you and he agree that that is how you both want it, or you can modify the authorship to include yourself, and you can give credit to others if you like, or need to for legal purposes, and I believe you can still claim a copyright of your own, if that is what you would like to do. But, without advising you or anyone else about any legalities, I just would like to avoid confusion on the part of any potential users about the source of any published code. So, before I put your code on the first page, first post, I want to know if you want to modify the name or authorship, or credits... first, okay? Once I know your intentions for sure, then for my part I would post your code on the first page of this thread for greater visibility for your contribution. And by saying these things publically, maybe it will help other contributors to think about these issues, when they make contributions.... And, thanks xard777 for contributing!

Wiley:
xard777

When looking at your code I see a copyright... so I have a question for you... but first I would like to say that I have deliberately not claimed any legal copyright per se on iMAX... it is a contribution to the public domain by me. Even though though there is a copyright property entry in the code, it simply says "Wiley" with no date, and to even attempt to establish a legitimate copyright it has to have a date attached, which I do not do, since I am only cluing people in to who wrote the code I submitted, in case they have questions, but there is no need for permission by me for anyone to use, or modify the code. And in that case, actually Forex TSD as publisher actually may have some rights, if they wanted to establish and assert them, otherwise not.

But, I do believe that when someone alters a piece of code, and republishes it, that they should identify the code as alterted by them, by putting their name on it, and modifying the title so it can be distinguished by others, one version of the code from another, and one author from another if for no other reason than to help users direct any questions they have to the author, who hopefully knows something about their own work that might be helpful to their users.

So here is my question to you.... the code I see that you submitted has KG's name and copyright on it... so I do not want to post your code on the first page, first post, under his name, unless I know you and he agree that that is how you both want it, or you can modify the authorship to include yourself, and you can give credit to others if you like, or need to for legal purposes, and I believe you can still claim a copyright of your own, if that is what you would like to do. But, without advising you or anyone else about any legalities, I just would like to avoid confusion on the part of any potential users about the source of any published code. So, before I put your code on the first page, first post, I want to know if you want to modify the name or authorship, or credits... first, okay? Once I know your intentions for sure, then for my part I would post your code on the first page of this thread for greater visibility for your contribution. And by saying these things publically, maybe it will help other contributors to think about these issues, when they make contributions.... And, thanks xard777 for contributing!

Hi wiley...i found ur imax very interesting & i use it on live trade..thanks for ur contribution that makes me more confidence in my trade, if u can code for arrow signal it will be much much better...seeking for ur kindness...thanks..

Reply to HAFIZ

Hi HAFIZ!

Live trading is serious business, and I have done some myself, and like you I kind of get a sense of confidence while observing iMAX on a demo account... I have used it with EA's but only recently contributed iMAX to the public, and then coded an alert version, which I observed on a demo account... and though I don't trade manually anymore... I was kind of tempted to.

I am not exactly sure what kind of arrow alert you are referring to, so maybe you can try to clear that up for me... and maybe I can help... however, right now you could use iMAXalert2, which gives you the iMAX trend lines on the chart with an optional alert function, and there are now three MTF versions contributed by others who are improving on the capabilities and usefulness of iMAX and they display horizonatally and vertically on the chart with arrow indicators for the various timeframes. They can be used simultaneously or at the same time iMAX or iMAX alert is on the chart. So, you have arrow MTF indicators, and a possible alert version already if you need.

Arrow

Thanks wiley, i've using imax alert that's great...if u can added an arrow crossing or something shows the crosses like attached i've drawn manually i would appreciate that...thanks...

Reason: