Various - page 96

mladen:

I did not tell that your charts are useless. I just wanted to point out that when short periods are used, the adaptiveness is more or less lost and that then it is "just" the indicator (without the benefit of the adaptiveness).

So, as far as I see, your charts are OK, but maybe you should do what Dr. Elexander Elder did (if you are not already doing it) : keep one chart for "quick" signals, one for medium term signals and one for long signals.

Then you can benefit from all the ways some TA tools can work. With adaptive indicators being able to filter out some significant noise, that means that you do not have to use high time frames for long signals, but simply to have long(er) calculating periods for a chart dedicated to "long signals"

Dearest MLADEN

Once more appreciations for your kind detailed/explained help and advice.

so i confirmed one more tip that adaptiveness with longer period is an alternative to MTF

no,i do not means you told like way but it was all i asked,if i am/was in wrong direction learning and trying to adapt and display some thing for me,for others (because so many users asking me in open forum and PMs for templates) and i was confused and worry if i am misleading myself along with to others.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Once more appreciations for your kind detailed/explained help and advice.

so i confirmed one more tip that adaptiveness with longer period is an alternative to MTF

no,i do not means you told like way but it was all i asked,if i am/was in wrong direction learning and trying to adapt and display some thing for me,for others (because so many users asking me in open forum and PMs for templates) and i was confused and worry if i am misleading myself along with to others.

regards

Don't worry. I think that you are doing just fine :)

mladen:

This is a sort of regression explorer, ...

What it does is the following : calculates regression of any degree, converts that value into an "end-pointed regression" (ie : average, ie: non-recalculating, non-repainting value) draws that as a kind of average, and for the current bar it draws the regression channel too, including the extrapolated (future) projection of the current channel. So, the "average" itself does not recalculate/repaint (ever) but the channel itself is doing what any regression channel does : it fits itself (recalculates) depending on the current price changes

As a comparison : if you use degree 1, then it is a linear regression and the values in that case have to be exactly the same as linear regression sketcher (if the parameters are the same)

In short : this can be treated as an end-point (non-repainting) regression too (not just as a "regression explorer")

Hello Mladen, please is it possible to add arrows and alerts to this indicator?

Thanks in advance. 

emmany4:

Hello Mladen, please is it possible to add arrows and alerts to this indicator?

Thanks in advance. 

emmany4

Here is a version with alerts added

QQE updated to have the newly modified RSI calculations

DSS that is adaptive too

This indicator is "partially adaptive". The part that is adapting is the stochastic period. Ema period is not (when I try to do that results are not usable). Also, this indicator for sure is having benefit from price filter. The lower example is without a filter, and is it is obvious, it is far "too nervous", so, even though the default parameter for filter is 0, filter usage is recommended (I used price filter 3 for upper example)

mladen:

And a version with additional "trend coloring" option

About Higher High Lower Low Stochastic 1.1;

mladen,

Do I understand it correctly: if(hhllh[0]>hhlll[0]) then "trend is up"??

knaimad:

About Higher High Lower Low Stochastic 1.1;

mladen,

Do I understand it correctly: if(hhllh[0]>hhlll[0]) then "trend is up"??

Yes

mladen:
Yes

Thanks

Good evening Mladen,

Just an idea:

What happens if you take the average of Low High Bands + Simple Trend and use the line colouring method of simple trend to the resultant line?

i know it doesnt make any sense mathematically, but....

thank you in advance,

Reason: