IMax Indicator - page 5

avi1:
is imax follow price action after the fact?? not to be used on much higher tf??

maby its give you 2-4 candels heads up on price action/trend change over imax ?

iMAX MTF DETECTOR

Wiley,

I'm just trying to help... here MTF version that can show you iMAX trend on ALL Time Frame in single chart. You still need iMAX.mq4 to run this mtf indicator...

IF you don't like it and feel that i did something wrong.. i'll be glad to delete it and my previous post too...

Hope it's help

KG

Files:
gu_tsd.gif  25 kb
imax.mq4  3 kb

kang_gun:
Wiley,

I'm just trying to help... here MTF version that can show you iMAX trend on ALL Time Frame in single chart. You still need iMAX.mq4 to run this mtf indicator...

IF you don't like it and feel that i did something wrong.. i'll be glad to delete it and my previous post too...

Hope it's help

KG

nice ,i like it and test it great! its maybe possible to add price enter?

avi1:
nice ,i like it and test it great! its maybe possible to add price enter?

i use your indi kgma few version helps!!

avi1:
i use your indi kgma few version helps!!

eu/us stop price at 4000 ema!! try

kang_gun:
Wiley,

Hope it's help

KG

KG right - like most charting soft MT4 doesn't provide MTF function(feature) - it has to be coded separately

MTF_iMax show exactly same iMAX (ind. values) from other TF - as if you had open another chart - plots it on current TF - stretches it accordingly to TF/Period (1bar h4= 4bars h1)

similar situation with iMax MTF DETECTOR (dashboard, signal table, info ind etc. )- it shows indicator "iMax" (or one can put any other ind.) current values on several Timeframes

so - there are no alterations of ind (settings, etc.) - only data from one chart (tf) placed on another

btw. thank you, KG

How to work with this setup

Hi Beppi,

Wow, very nice setup. Can you say or direct me to some explanation/directions on how to use these indicators and the setup?

Thanks,

Ofer

beppi:
Hi Wiley,

thanks for your private appreciation.

Have a better idea for my Bookkeeper-Setup.

Use it now again with HP-Indicator and overlayed Moving Average.

Looks good for me and work for me despite repainting!

I take over last time many good inspiration out of this forum and now i would give a little back to the community.

iMAX Detector...

KG

Thanks for helping... my only problems with any postings so far, are whether they are actually adding capability along the lines of what people appear to find useful, and that when someone posts something, they take personal credit for it... for better or worse. I don't want people confused and coming to me, with something posted in my name... and I didn't code it!! I hope that is not too hard to understand... If you code it, you are the best person to answer any questions about your coding.

Anyway... I like the new MTF Detector... I haven't checked it out carefully, and don't intend to... users can do that, and contact you if they have any feelings about your version one way or another. I think it will be well received because it does add the capability that is useful for people who manually trade to see what trend changes are coming their way.

For me, I put MTF coding in the EA, so that I can use non MTF indicators, and rotate their Time Frame parameters, as I am performing tests on the tester. So, MTF doesn't mean the same thing to me that it might to others who trade differently, and I was only thinking about them...

Now that there is a MTF display version... maybe others will continue to modify the basic iMAX, and that was my desire originally... hopefully it would find a usefulness to some people, in some situations, and variations would arise from what has been a filter that was out there floating around, but not used for much.

If nothing else, in an educational sense, I think this will be an indicator that can be used as something of a benchmark for comparing to other trend detection techniques. If your trend detection system consistently betters results from iMAX, then you are on to something... and if it doesn't... move on to a better system... and basically, that is what I have used it for, for awhile now, and I think it works very well in that respect... and I actually do think that with filtering... it can be a reliable part of a profitable indicator set. Maybe not the most profitale, but a steady performer, that is simple to implement.

Thanks for your input KG, and good luck to eveyone.

Initial opinion about iMAX MTF Detector

KG

Had a chance to try out your iMAX MTF Detector...

When I dropped it on chart it worked perfectly... and then I dropped iMAX alert on the first open chart, I could see it's trend matches the arrow directions given by your indicator for that chart. When I change charts, iMAX and your iMAX Detector match trends perfectly... so, best as I can tell you did an outstanding job. However, there is bound someone who will contact you and tell you they dropped your Detector on the chart and nothing happened, or terrible things happened, and there will no doubt be exceptions out there somewhere. I just wanted you to know, I had no problems myself. I have not examined the code at all, just functionally checked it out, and everything is perfect for me.

The combination of iMAX alert and iMAX Detector gives a user a very good fast trend detection/display/alert system... so your contribution is appreciated by me, and hopefully is useful to others.

iMAX MTF DETECTOR V1.1

Wiley:
KG

Had a chance to try out your iMAX MTF Detector...

When I dropped it on chart it worked perfectly... and then I dropped iMAX alert on the first open chart, I could see it's trend matches the arrow directions given by your indicator for that chart. When I change charts, iMAX and your iMAX Detector match trends perfectly... so, best as I can tell you did an outstanding job. However, there is bound someone who will contact you and tell you they dropped your Detector on the chart and nothing happened, or terrible things happened, and there will no doubt be exceptions out there somewhere. I just wanted you to know, I had no problems myself. I have not examined the code at all, just functionally checked it out, and everything is perfect for me.

The combination of iMAX alert and iMAX Detector gives a user a very good fast trend detection/display/alert system... so your contribution is appreciated by me, and hopefully is useful to others.

Thanks Wiley.. Glad to hear that the last display version help you a lot...

OK, here the new version V1.1 where i add a few feature to help you detect the trend early.... with just check the arrow color and direction.

Arrow Up Lime = means iMAX cross up and current price above iMAX line

Arrow Up DarkGreen = means iMAX cross up and current price below iMAX line

Arrow Down Red = means iMAX cross down and current price below iMAX line

Arrow down Maroon = means iMAX cross down and current price above iMAX line...

I add this new feature because i saw that before the trend change the current price will move cross the iMAX line first and after that the line will be crossed...

Hope it's help

KG

Reason: