IMax Indicator - page 10

Hello, Wiley

I have the same problem, in trying to publish my positions, try to make it, but alone I can modify the terxt, but not the files, I cannot eliminate them neither to load other, not you if it is a problem of it paginates it or the administrator's new rules.

The serious solution to put a link, toward the new iMAX modifications.

Thank you

Thanks for share, I will try to use.

ecuaforex:
I have

MT4

Version: 4.00

Build: 220

It could be the cause.

I have the same version and build. The indicator is still not working. Do you have any ideas?

Hello Xard,

Thanks for the indicator, very usefull

It seems that on your chart you don't use anymore hp and ma.

Can i ask what do you use now ?

Thanks !

xard777:
using Jaimo JMA mtf

Thanks Xard, that's great !

Things are getting very strange indeed... can't post someone's contribution to the first page... and then now I received a posting by email... but it is not here to reply to... so someone is missing in action, and if I say anything, it might not be understood by others that I am talking someone that probably should have been posted here... because it was not a private message I received. So, the administrator seems either overwhelmed, confused, on a rampage of sabotage, or something ha ha... I am joking... okay... but honestly I was going to reply to a posting here that isn't...

But I will anyway... so here goes....

iMAX is indeed an ideal indicator for the MTF displays... someone noted at very start the very parallel lines it tends to create following a trend... and that comes from John Ehlers filtering. And, phase shifting it like I did, just makes his filter very useable, and useful. Now, I got the idea from Ehlers own publication of his work on detrending, where he clearly shows a photo of a his filter at work... with two lines that appear out of phase with each other... so he had something working for him, but of the code that I saw in the public domain... I only saw his one line filter versions. So, I thought I would make an indictor the way he had. I tried it out, and I knew it had some very good characteristics... not the fastest, but one of the most stable indicators in actual market conditions... so I thought people here would enjoy and appreciate it.

The multiple currency MTF displays seems like a perfect application for iMAX... I have been using it in trading and find it very stable and reliable as a fast trend indicator... even this evening I was watching the trends in lower timeframes to help me decide when to exit, and it works very well for that. So, I know some people are starting to catch on to this. However, just for the heck of it... I substituted one of my very fastest, smoothest indicators in kang_gun's iMAX MTF Detector, and to my surprise... it flickered a lot, did not hold the trends very well, was very distracting... and I quickly put the iMAX back in place.... so, I like it for real trading... not theoretical games, but live trading... it's stability... does actually help psychologically too, and I find trading more relaxed with it, than without it...

I am very proud that people here have take their time and talent to adapt this indicator for the benefit of other's here... I have not published anywhere else, but since it is now in the public domain, no doubt it will find it's way into other people's work that fail to give credit to where they get their ideas from.. but FOREX TSD had it first...

There appears to be no link to the MT4 version 4 builds 220-223 and an iMAX indicator failure to load on a chart... clearly because of the wide usage of the indicator now, there is a likelihood that there is something unique in an MT4 set up that would experience such a problem. Translation is... I have no idea without knowing more about a particular system, however, focusing on individual anomolies... I don't think is possible to do by any coder. There is a point where it becomes clear that there is something unique that the user themselves might have to resolve about their own set up if 99.99% of the users have no problems...

So, since the symptom of a failure to load is clear, and understood, and since there appear to be no widespread problems otherwise, and the MT4 build in question is not an issue... I have no idea what would cause such a failure... and it appears no one else does either...

If it were my MT4/computer doing this I might think about reinstalling MT4... and if the problem persists... an Operating System anomoly??? What operating system is in use... something strange or a mainstream system??? If that is not questionable... the brand of computer? There is certainly something different in a system that fails to load an indicator that is in widespread use, on a standard trading platform with no known issues related to indictor loading failures. And, if the user of such a system experiencing this type of problem, ever resolves it... I and others certainly would appreciate knowing what you changed to finally make it work for you... that could help others who might have a unique set up that causes such a problem... but, it is probably a very unique problem.

Currently I have no plan to revise the code... if that is what someone would like me to say... until I know there is a problem that is consistently manifested by more users. This not the case right now. And if it becomes the case... I suspect I might republish iMAX in other forums, and start comparing experiences between users in different forums... there is always an answer to any problem.

avi1

I just had a thought... post the code you say doesn't work... then we can all work from the same basis and see if the problem can be replicated.

imax ea

I think imax is wonderful. Is there any ea for imax ?

#MTF iMAXalert

Hi Wiley,

THE GOOD INDICATOR, PROBABLY TO MAKE iMAXalert VERSION MTF AS #MTF iMAX ONLY WITH ARROWS

Reason: