E&A Standard Trading System - page 5

I also forgot to mention in post #38 that you also check your trades against the MACD::RSI|STO|CCI:: 3MAs bars in the NewsReader.

-DREWP

:: I don't know if all Dll calls will work in Linux/Wine & all the other stuff that is connected to it. The MT4 platform would be ok... please, let me know how that works out for you...

IN10TION

I have been toying with the idea of making a MT4 "appliance" i.e. a stripped computer designed to run MT4 only, fully optimized. So far the best option at the moment may be to strip down an XP system and replace the shell with something like LiteStep .

Metaquotes,

For Christmas I would like a *nix compatible version of MT4... and a shetland pony

-DREWP

Drew, is the ssl bars set up the same as the FF bars -- that is, the 5 minute is on the bottom?

These 3 digi indis are new for me. What are you looking for on those? There's a lot of info there. Are you looking for all 3 of them to be red or green in all the TF's they signal? Thanks.

robp,

What I do for a buy set up is wait for the Forex Freedom bar to turn all blue and all of the SSL bars to turn green except for the five minute. If I get a blue arow and on the next candle if the corresponding M5 SSL bar turns green and at least 5 time frames, preferable M15 through H1, on the DIGIADX and DIGIRSI are green, it's a go. I mainly use the DIGISTOCH as a security blanket, rather than an entry signal.

OR, I wait for a bounce of the RCI (WAVE) and at least 4 time frames, preferably the lower time frames , are green on the DIGIADX and DIGIRSI, and the time frameson the NewsReader, preferably M1 through H1, are green, its a go,

If you get a blue arow and the FF bars are all blue and the SSL bars are all green and the DIGIADX and DIGIRSI are giving good signals, it's a go.

The inverse applies for a sell position.

On the SSL bars the bottom row is M5 and the top is H1.

Let me know if you have any more questions .

-DREWP

How are you doing with this Drew? Are you using a fixed tp and sl?

robp,

It's working out well for me! I hope you and everyone else finds this as helpfull as I do . The problem with this system right now is that the work around that codobro provided me for the SSL bars only works on a M5 chart. I have the ADXcrossesNon-repainting on my charts as well and when I want to check another time frame for an indication, I lose a row of the SSL bars. for example if I switch to a M15 chart the bottom two rows on the SSL Bars read the same or if I switch to a M30 chart the bottom three bars read the same and so on. So I am currently researching a way to add MTF capability to the ADXcrossesNon-repainting so I can see the M15, M30 and H1 ADX indications on one chart so I can check all time frames against the SSL.

If I'm working a M5 set up, I set my TP at 10 to 15. On a M15 or M30, I set my TP to between 15 and 40 pips, depending on market strenght. I usually set my SL at 50 to withstand the drawdown that sometimes occurs when working a higher time frame set up. Also I am currently researching trailing stop EAs to milk the most out of a trade .

Maybe you know something about this: I read elsewhere on the forum that the SSL channels is basically the Gann HiLo Activator. Do you know anything about this?

-DREWP

Yes, it's the same thing. Do you need it? I have it somewhere -- let me know and I'll find and post.

DREWP:

Maybe you know something about this: I read elsewhere on the forum that the SSL channels is basically the Gann HiLo Activator. Do you know anything about this?

-DREWP

A problem with the system

I uploaded all the indicators and the template and all is good except that the economic calendar aka ! IN10TION NewsReader v09.84 lite.ex4 is NOT appearing as it should do, please somebody help me with the settings to make it work.

robp.

Thanks for the info. I'm working on a way to filter some of the false signals in my system using HA candles and an indicator from FX Sniper. It shows potential so far. I'll post an up date once I have tested it further.

rswammy,

Thanks for the upload .

vladv,

You have to load the NewsReader manually for the first time to set up the time. Thats my fault for not mentioning that . When you first loaded everything did Internet Explorer pop up?

-DREWP

Reason: