Trading mtf in real time - page 5

Hi , i tried qqe indicator and it seems it's really close to ssl bar , we might figure it out how to use it for getting more accure signals .

Files:
chart.17gif.gif  23 kb

deforex247:
........... Igor I would also want to know how you dealt with this issue while carrying out your research. Or did you abandon it?

Hi Deforex,

Up till today I still use this but only with MA's (HMA). Not ever with oscillators.

Just think about the following: at some point you say that you wait on severall bars to close to be sure ....and to know more exactly ....etc...

But that is actually the same problem that you have or the same thing you do if you would work with an MTF indicator (waiting to be sure).

This happend to me already many many times that I thought that I had found a golden solution but at the same time I dragged other and new problems in it.

So this way of using indicators is in my opinion very far from a golden solution because you drag more problems in it then before.

And most important I am not a great believer of using severall TF's at the same time to take in trades only according a so called overall trend. Because in a trend reversall the biggest TF's will lag a lot. This way it will make you believe that you should trade according a certain trend where the trend actually already turned.

I prefer to trade not more then 2 time frames. Biggest TF for trend and smaller TF for cheap entrys and showing when to exit.

Friendly regards....iGoR

LeanLow:
Hi , i tried qqe indicator and it seems it's really close to ssl bar , we might figure it out how to use it for getting more accure signals .

Hi LeanLow,

Look to the MA that you have placed on your chart. It is reacting a lot quicker then your qqe.

But maybe you gonna say: Yes but it gives a lot more false signals.

Then my answer is going to be give it a bigger value or use an other indicator with bigger values.

Then you are going to say: Yes but then it is lagging or to slow to show me the real reversals.

I am going to say yes but now you have a lot less false signals.

Then I am going to say: remember this for the rest of your trading life. You are never ever ever going to find an indicator that has the best of both worlds (quick on the reversals but very few false signals). I can even tell you this, you are never going to find an indicator that can do better then flipping a coin. How disapointing this may sound. Trust me on this one...

Friendly regards...iGoR

PS. If you would find such an indicator please tell me, I'm willing to pay you 100K for it.

iGoR:
Hi LeanLow,

Look to the MA that you have placed on your chart. It is reacting a lot quicker then your qqe.

But maybe you gonna say: Yes but it gives a lot more false signals.

Then my answer is going to be give it a bigger value or use an other indicator with bigger values.

Then you are going to say: Yes but then it is lagging or to slow to show me the real reversals.

I am going to say yes but now you have a lot less false signals.

Then I am going to say: remember this for the rest of your trading life. You are never ever ever going to find an indicator that has the best of both worlds (quick on the reversals but very few false signals). I can even tell you this, you are never going to find an indicator that can do better then flipping a coin. How disapointing this may sound. Trust me on this one...

Friendly regards...iGoR

PS. If you would find such an indicator please tell me, I'm willing to pay you 100K for it.
emember this for the rest of your trading life. You are never ever ever going to find an indicator that has the best of both worlds (quick on the reversals but very few false signals). I can even tell you this, you are never going to find an indicator that can do better then flipping a coin. How disapointing this may sound. Trust me on this one...

Hello iGoR I started feeling that way couple of months back. An I felt like I was giving up but to tell you the truth I agree a hundred percent and I would like to add that you will never find a trading system that is even 99% accurate. Damn this game is hard but win more loose less is what keeps us afloat.

But what would you say is best for an intra day trader?

I am working on a "5 strength indicators don't lie theory". The goal is to achieve high probability signal coming from all of them at once. at least 75 to 80 percent high probability to bring out 20pips move on 15mins time frame

AM Inviting you to join me iGoR and everyone.

Tell me what your 5 indicators would be and parameters you would use.

Mine are

CCI ,8

RSI, 8

STOCHASTIC, 5,3,3

MOMENTUM, 8

WPR, 8

Like I said. Am still tweaking.

Good to have iGoR here

I know good things happen when he joins threads.

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria

iGoR:
Hi Deforex,

I have explained this principle already 2-3 years ago.

In my example I used the HMA (which I find the best MA around).

With the HMA the logic calculations of multiplying or deviding the value of the HMA on a certain TF with the amount of bars from an other TF will work more reliable then an MTF indicator.

But I also explained that one can not do this with all indicators. In fact this does not work for most indicators because their calculations are WAY OFF.

Let me give you an example: Place an ATR (5) on the daily chart ( so you could measure the volatility over a short period of time so you could addapt your T/P's and S/L's that you use with a ceratin system, accordingly).

If you place that ATR(5) on the eurusd (daily chart) you gonna see that the value is today 0.0154.

If you now want to place this on a 5min chart then you know there are 3600min in a day /5 for a 5min chart = 720. Or there are 720 5min bars in a day.

So we mulitply that ATR(5) x by 720 = 3600.

Now if you place an ATR(3600) on a 5min TF you will see that around 14.00gmt it reads 0.0006.

That is not a little bit different but that is WAAY OFF.

As said there are more indicators that you will face this problem with then indicators that will not give you this problem.

So before you start to use an indicator that way I suggest that you verify closely what the values are of the TF' s that you want to represent.

Friendly regards....iGoR

Your minutes in a day are wrong. Should be 1440. There are 288 5M bars in a day. I've been using this way of thinking for a few years also.

Please tell me if I'm Stupid

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get your Opinion about this so called System.

15 Minute Chart

I wait for all the SSL Barsto become Green and I also check if Stochastics is on a up trend or a down trend ( Usually on the way above 50 or on the way below 50 ).

I enter the trade and TP at 15 - 20 pips with a SL of 30 pips..

Now if this is the most idiotic that you've seen, please don't stomp me to the ground....

Files:

Ok guys...we dont need any MTF Indicator(becaouse its repainting on lover timeframe) but this strategy with the Parameter Converter we also dont need while when we take the zero lag HMA with the 240,10 settings on the 30min chart and then 30,80 on the 30min chart is dont the same.

Reason: