Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 70

^ I'm totally fine with whichever way you decide. I was just suggesting a simple way to increase elite member subscribers. RAS can be used as a marketing tool.

However, I do have a question, I was looking at some of the statistics. How does one get to have negative equity? It doesn't make any sense.

Kenny Rogers:
(...)How does one get to have negative equity? It doesn't make any sense.

I think this is related to the point I am trying to make: the starting equity used by the signal provider. Say the provider uses 100K and has 2% drawdown. RAS defaults to 1K starting equity and the equity at the considered point will be negative (-1K). Balance and equity curves not related to starting equity do not make sense. We may guess most times, but not be sure and then misjudge.

I get a feeling...and I do not know why....

Why do I think it is Us ...ND included...against the developers?....we should be friends and interact and be willing to consider ideas...

is it just me?

Please excuse this old mans imagination...its just a feeling ok? I have been wrong many times before, but I just cannot shake this feeling.

I have been in development projects before...but I get the feeling the developers are not giving their full time attention to our needs...traders needs....everything takes so long!

Please excuse me if I do not understand...perhaps there is very complex programming going on here that I am not accustomed to. but the changes are so few and far between.

ES

P.S. Now ND...please do not go and get defensive on me...we are friends...I do not want to be the troublemaker in the group ok?...I post what I think and I am wrong probably. Perhaps I should "think" more before I post.

Hi Kenny Rogers,

As I said - I will ask the developers for that. But concerning my undersanding - it does not matter about members will see elite section EAs or not. It will not increase the number of elite section members. Just my personal opinion. Your way (additional 20 - 30 copies of Metatrader) to trade elite section EAs ... and why? ... to attract the members by elite section performances? And to use it they will need to send money?

Do you remember TRO? He posted the images of his commercial indicators on the forum everywhere ... just the images only. When the members asked to post indicators so he asked for money. And many members decided that he was forcing them to give money to him.

So, if the members will see the performance so it will look like we are forcing them to subscribe to elite section.

The members can excuse some other member but it may be different concerning the forum services. Because forum services = more responsibility anyway.

As to equity so I did not understand sorry ...

If balance is 10,400 and equity is 10,200 ... or if balance 1,400 and equity 1,200 ... same 200 dollars.

Because the buyer will not use your balance, your initial deposit, your equity and your lot size. In most of the cases they will use their on initial deposit and lot size and will have their own percentages concerning DD. So, if we are talking about the systems so the buyer will select it by sorting (pressing Filter button).

For example, your starting bakance is 10,000. You are having 2% DD now. 0.01 lot size. Just for example. I as a buyer do not want to use 0.01 lot size (my broker is different), I do not have 10,000 deposit. Can I use your signals?

So, this sorting concerning the equity is for buyers. They can select initial deposit by itself without seller's participation.

but the changes are so few and far between.

No, sorry. Do you remember where we started from? We had pips calculation only and commercial signals only. For now: we are having advances statistics, dollars calculation and a lot of free signals. More for free than for money. Now we are discussing that elite section Eas should be for free. And final step: everything should be for free

Do you remember where did we start from with this service?

And what to change? Everything was done already.

RAS is the forum service. It is not my commercial service.

----------

Just some news.

1. Next 1.17 version was uploaded. The members who could not start new ID after suspended old one - please use 1.17 version.

2. The developers are making webdesign.

3. Moderators panel was created.

We can start soon (depends on webdesing).

(deleted - double posting)

newdigital:
(...)As to equity so I did not understand sorry ...

If balance is 10,400 and equity is 10,200 ... or if balance 1,400 and equity 1,200 ... same 200 dollars.

Because the buyer will not use your balance, your initial deposit, your equity and your lot size. In most of the cases they will use their on initial deposit and lot size and will have their own percentages concerning DD. So, if we are talking about the systems so the buyer will select it by sorting (pressing Filter button).

For example, your starting bakance is 10,000. You are having 2% DD now. 0.01 lot size. Just for example. I as a buyer do not want to use 0.01 lot size (my broker is different), I do not have 10,000 deposit. Can I use your signals?

So, this sorting concerning the equity is for buyers. They can select initial deposit by itself without seller's participation.(...)

Hi newdigital,

Initial equity is important because it impacts ROI. And ROI is an important variable to take into account when selecting a paid signal. For example, why should I pay $50 for a signal that I expect to return 4% monthly if I trade with $1000 equity? On the other hand, why not pay the same $50 if expected return is, say, 12%? It is not the only variable, but it is hard to take a correct decision without it.

But the buyers can select initial deposit and will receive the ROI for his deposit. Because most of the members will understand their deposit size as starting points to select something.

By the way, as equity is preliminary so I am having indicator (created by Igorad) and I will take the performance using this indicators (and excel files for any ID) and will send the images by email to signal providers.

In this way the signal providers can promote their service in our future public RAS section in the forum.

It can be pre-selected initial deposit size for example.

For example, you can ask me: "ND, can you make the performance of my signals based on ... deposit with all the figures written on the chart, for the date starting from ... finish to ...?". Real one. And I can do it and will send to your email. Once in a week or once in a day.

I sent few images to you by email now so you can see what I am talking about. The signal providers can use those images with their threads in our future public RAS section.

By the way, you are having 5 clients already (and the service was not started yet so it will be much more after start) so we really need a section for RAS in the forum where signal providers will explain to the clienst everything.

ND,

When presenting signals to the public....you want it to be written as if 2-year olds are using it. I do not mean any disrespect....but that is just the way it is....Keep it succint and simple, otherwise you are opening a can of worms to the community and to the investors and you will be so busy explaing the RAS tool and why so many people have lost money that it will hurt more than help...

Just my opinion....

The sortable page needs some work and more information...

ES

Yes, I agree. By the way, our forex tsd wiki can help (it may be ready some day as well).

Besides, it should be the manual how to use RAS.

Besides, it will be the public RAS section on the forum where every signal provider can have the thread and will explain also.

There are many investors that do not want to read a manual...a wiki...a thread.......it must be clear on how much the initial investment is and what the ROI is....so many investors do not do their due diligence and are not traders at all...RAS should be a presentation of signals and systems with sortable functions to find the system that the potential client feels has the ingredients that are important to him.

Then there is us....we tinker and develop....we must try to remember who the bulk of the audience will be in RAS...If there is a question about this then default to the simple and succint side....make everything easy to understand..RAS should be a turn-key operation for an investor to make some money and to tell his friends about....KEEP IT SIMPLE... and if you need a manual to explain how to navigate around in RAS...well then that is simply wrong.

ND you are an analyst...you cannot help yourself...I am very impressed with you and have great respect for you and you are the king in my eyes...but all the RAS visitors are not on the same page as you and I and the other active RAS vendors/members. We must try to keep our perspective and understand who we are presenting RAS to and to pick the path to follow.

ES

P.S. If anybody doubts what I say about ND....just go in the elitesection and look at the hours of presentation and updates to the portfolio of EA's there that ND performs...he never sleeps...I do not always agree with ND...but that is not the point is it?...we need a user friendly RAS built for the visitor....not the analyst...

newdigital:
Yes, I agree. By the way, our forex tsd wiki can help (it may be ready some day as well).

Besides, it should be the manual how to use RAS.

Besides, it will be the public RAS section on the forum where every signal provider can have the thread and will explain also.
Reason: