Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 23

Redistributing? It will be difficult I think ...

For 'normal' trader or 'normal' EA - it does not matter. Most elite section EAs and many traders are trading 1 or 2 order per symbol so no one will be interesting to make redistributing ...

Of course, if the trader is doing 2,000 pips in one week so ... but redistributing will be very difficult because in this case there are many trades opened in the same time so ...

Besides, we are doing the clones:

What are the clones?

It is automatic buyer.

So, in some cases (if redistributing), the members may ask me to make automatic buyer for some signals they are interesting. Besides, I can make statistics of this automatic buyer in the same way as I am doing for elite section for example.

For example, it is MTF EA trading on 19 pairs based on Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator and RSI indicator, 0.04 lot size:

And it is 'normal' EA trading one trade per symbol. Just one symbol (GBPUSDm). No hedge, no martingale, no pyramiding, no MTF, no Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed. Simple EA created by Igorad, IBFX mini account, GBPUSDm by 0.01 lot size:

So, we can see the differencies (blue line is equity and yellow line is balance) between MTF trading many pairs simultaniously with many traders opened and so on and 'normal' EA trading just 1 trade per pair.

I can make those statistics for every clone (signal) if the members will ask.

But I think, the main goal is to have those statistics automatically refreshed on RAS website for every signal. In this case all things will be very understandable.

-----------

Thanks to killerpips for errors reported. He reported that he did not make 9,000 pips in one week. He is very profitable of course but he did less than 9,000 for the week. I checked and few trades were recorded few times and some 5 digits errors ...

Thanks a lot.

To all the traders: please report about any error with RAS tool new version.

ElectricSavant:
ND,

Let me rephrase my question:

Lets say I purchase Forex Funnel or one of those vendor EA's, for 300 bucks. So I get the EA and I am trading it on my computer. I am not the owner or coder of the EA...I bought a commercial product with the aggremeent not to redistribute the signals...

Then I get the idea that I want to try and get my 300 bucks back. So I register with Rent a Signal and sell my purchased signals for 30 bucks a month...How will you know?

ES

P.S. This is hypothetical, I personally do not buy EA's or rent them...except later here in rent a signal I will

Hi ES,

If you let me nose in, I will say that I think it is absolutely impossible to prevent this. Once a signal is in some people's hands, he/she has the possibility to duplicate it to whoever he/she wants. Nothing can be done about that. Maybe somebody with more knowledge on programming may come up with a solution to this, but I think there in no chance at all. Jmho.

ND,

Let me rephrase my question:

Lets say I purchase Forex Funnel or one of those vendor EA's, for 300 bucks. So I get the EA and I am trading it on my computer. I am not the owner or coder of the EA...I bought a commercial product with the agreement not to redistribute the signals...

Then I get the idea that I want to try and get my 300 bucks back. So I register with Rent a Signal and sell my purchased signals for 30 bucks a month...How will you know?

ES

P.S. This is hypothetical, I personally do not buy EA's or rent them...except later here in rent a signal I will

MiniMe:
Sorry but whats the point , you mean if someone buy a car and decided to use it as a taxi he can't do that ?

:D:D

That's good one.

Sorry but whats the point , you mean if someone buy a car and decided to use it as a taxi he can't do that ?

If the seller is profitable why on earth you want to ban him ... whats your logic ?

I guess the seller is free to sell whatever he wants and the buyer is free to buy from whomever he wants.

This is forex and its a free market, its nonsense to make those limitation

For a start you are not a coder ... so are you going to use your own created expert ? and you said your not good in manual trades ... so you will be the first one to be caught in this

I don't think its a good idea , let the people do whatever they want , results speak louder than created rules , also its worth to mention that 99.9% of the commercial systems are crap , so anyone wants to use a commerical expert to sell signals he will mostly end up in loss

ElectricSavant:
I think we need a hard and fast rule that is rock hard.

If a seller is caught redistributing signals from a commercial EA that is being sold currently, ND will ban him permanently from ever being able to sell again on rent a signal again.

Do not think you cannot be caught...it is not that hard to do...the coders, owners & sellers along with their loyal clients...will find you out....and report you. If you are reported you will need to forward the EA to ND for inspection and if you refuse you are OUT.

ES

I think we need a hard and fast rule that is rock hard.

If a seller is caught redistributing signals from a commercial EA that is being sold currently, ND will ban him permanently from ever being able to sell again on rent a signal.

Do not think you cannot be caught...it is not that hard to do...the coders, owners & sellers along with their loyal clients...will find you out....and report you. If you are reported you will need to forward the EA to ND for inspection and if you refuse you are OUT.

ES

First of all I am not selling anything and when you buy an EA there usually is a "do not redistribute" agreement as the term of sale.

I was just thinking that rent a signal could get a bad reputation if it were a haven for sellers to redistribute something they should not redistribute and ND should make an effort to suppress it.

ES

P.S. Actually a state approved license and metering device would be needed for a Taxi with regular inspections, if a person wanted to start a taxi business with his hugo. But yes he could do it.

MiniMe:

If the seller is profitable why on earth you want to ban him ... whats your logic ?

I guess the seller is free to sell whatever he wants and the buyer is free to buy from whomever he wants.

This is forex and its a free market, its nonsense to make those limitation

For a start you are not a coder ... so are you going to use your own created expert ? and you said your not good in manual trades ... so you will be the first one to be caught in this

I don't think its a good idea , let the people do whatever they want , results speak louder than created rules , also its worth to mention that 99.9% of the commercial systems are crap , so anyone wants to use a commerical expert to sell signals he will mostly end up in loss

I've closed my trades, and moving to FXDD to test them out.

Don't know how long it will take me to make this switch, I'm kinda busy at the moment with debugging my own stuff and such. I literally have 15 things going on at the same time. Hopefully, by end of week, I can set it back up.

ElectricSavant:
(...) when you buy an EA there usually is a "do not redistribute" agreement as the term of sale. (...)

That's fair. If you sign an agreement then it must be kept. Confidence is important in business.

My plan about RAS is: if I can generate reasonable signals with my EA (I am writing it from scratch) I will broadcast them free for some time. Then if they are worth (people will judge, if they gather any attention at all), I may think about a fee. But I will not mind about the use people will do with my signals. Once made public (or privately sold) they do not belong to me anymore.

If I buy any signal and sign a "non disclosure agreement" I will keep it. But I will not propose it. I really don't believe in the possibility of controlling this and I think it is not worth the trouble. You may simply charge your signal what you think it is worth and forget about it. Some people are reselling your signal? Fine, so they have real value. Charge more for them. The market will say the final word.

That my point or view at the present. I am always open to review them.

Jairo:
That my point or view at the present. I am always open to review them.

That's ... review it. Sorry for mispelling...

Posts don't appear immediately in Forex TSD - different from FF. A bit annoying. Is this because the forum is moderated? There is not an edit button in the post to correct mispellings like those above.

Reason: