Rent a Signal service development and suggestions - page 18

ElectricSavant:
There is probably encryption and stability being written into the final stages of programming that will make Rent a signal safe and hack free.

That argument really doesnt stand up particularly well. Core elements of the project are based on MQL and are completely open to decompilation.

Unless the details of each and every signal are scrutinised against an independantly verified data feed, there is scope for abuse, and where there's scope for abuse, abuse will surely follow

MQL and metatrader are the weakest points of failure in the security of this system, which is precisely why noone who was serious about this undertaking would base a signals service on such dodgy technology

ElectricSavant:

But how can a sellers EA be decompiled when he is broadcasting from his computer? are you suggesting that some hacker can go backwards through Rent a signal and come into his coputer and get his Ea then decompile it? and steal his code?

ES

There's no danger of sellers EA's being decompiled, the only "danger" to the seller is that someone backward engineers aspects of the system, but that can happen with any sort of signals service.

If I where an unscrululous seller this is what I would do. I would decompile the EA that sends the signals, and Id modify it to knock a couple of pips off the true buy price, and add a couple of pips to the true sell price, giving me a slightly better entry than I in fact obtained. I'd screw a couple of pips on the exit as well . I'd also modify the time stamp on the order. Id also ensure any slippage was generally in my favour . Therefore the results being recorded and audited would not be a true reflection of my actual trades. Its surprising how many break even type systems perform so much better when you eliminate the spread LOL

When new digitals system gets confirmation of the trade some time later due to latency, the system has no idea if that signal was delayed due to real latency, or if the delay is due to tampering.

The problem with these sorts of systems is this, does the system simply "believe" the trade details being sent by the sellers EA (and if so, lend itself open to potential abuse) or does the system check every incoming signal against a data feed (which of course might differ slightly from the sellers data feed, and be subject to latency etc causing sellers to constantly question and complain entry and exit prices, and slippage etc)

These systems are certainly more suceptible to abuse if used for short term trades.

Of course, decompiling the EA would also provide details of the server and scrips being used to accept incoming trades, and whilst shoulnt be a concern if the system is secure, its a vunrability which might be exploited

Cllearly these types of frauds cant run indefinately, a system seller might be showing good gains, but if the subscribers cant achieve the same fills then they'll soon unsubscribe, however it could have the potential to undermine the credability of such a system.

If the system is geared towards longer term trades where a few pips here or there dont make much difference its not as much of an issue, but it still gives the unscrupulous seller a slight edge

Of course any competitor could save themselves some work by decompiling the EA's.

I just cant understand why any commercial project would use a product that could be decompiled with such ease

TY zupcon for spending this much time to explain. I realize you converted much to "plain speak" for my benefit. I must re-read your post a few times and have time to reflect to myself privatly. Hopefully some more posts will come from you and others.

ES

zupcon:
There's no danger of sellers EA's being decompiled, the only "danger" to the seller is that someone backward engineers aspects of the system, but that can happen with any sort of signals service.

If I where an unscrululous seller this is what I would do. I would decompile the EA that sends the signals, and Id modify it to knock a couple of pips off the true buy price, and add a couple of pips to the true sell price, giving me a slightly better entry than I in fact obtained. I'd screw a couple of pips on the exit as well . I'd also modify the time stamp on the order. Id also ensure any slippage was generally in my favour . Therefore the results being recorded and audited would not be a true reflection of my actual trades. Its surprising how many break even type systems perform so much better when you eliminate the spread LOL

When new digitals system gets confirmation of the trade some time later due to latency, the system has no idea if that signal was delayed due to real latency, or if the delay is due to tampering.

The problem with these sorts of systems is this, does the system simply "believe" the trade details being sent by the sellers EA (and if so, lend itself open to potential abuse) or does the system check every incoming signal against a data feed (which of course might differ slightly from the sellers data feed, and be subject to latency etc causing sellers to constantly question and complain entry and exit prices, and slippage etc)

These systems are certainly more suceptible to abuse if used for short term trades.

Of course, decompiling the EA would also provide details of the server and scrips being used to accept incoming trades, and whilst shoulnt be a concern if the system is secure, its a vunrability which might be exploited

Cllearly these types of frauds cant run indefinately, a system seller might be showing good gains, but if the subscribers cant achieve the same fills then they'll soon unsubscribe, however it could have the potential to undermine the credability of such a system.

If the system is geared towards longer term trades where a few pips here or there dont make much difference its not as much of an issue, but it still gives the unscrupulous seller a slight edge

Of course any competitor could save themselves some work by decompiling the EA's.

I just cant understand why any commercial project would use a product that could be decompiled with such ease

zupcon,

You understand my exact hesitation when I first heard the idea of RAS, even though it would be no problem for me to plug in my real system, and broadcast out to the internet all of my signals...I wanted to test out the security features and see how things are working...one of the main reasons I even took the time to join the beta testing. My first inclination was to not get involved. But I ultimately decided to test it out and see how things are moved around and try to help ND improve the whole system.

And I also make suggestions to protect the sellers, which is why I said that only buyer subscribers should be able to see the trade details, not the general public. This is to limit the amount of reverse engineering risk. Because for a successful trader, the risk of getting their strategy picked clean is not worth a monthly subscription. I also made some comments about trades that were entered or closed while there was no connection to RAS, and ask how that was handled. Still a lot of questions to be asked.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the ease of the whole system so far. And I can see the appeal of it as a buyer. For the seller, I guess it would be a small supplement to their income, but it depends how successful your system is. The seller needs to weigh the risk vs. reward.

I just am beside myself. I pour my heart out in this forum and other Forums in seach for a consistently, profitable EA.

I thought I had found a way for coders to sell there winning EA's in this Rent a Signal service...but I guess I got a little ahead of myself with my dreams again. There does not seem to be a way to get another persons work. I am told that I would need to be a coder myself. I am told I would have to have a winning system manually. Well, I have neither...and I still wonder if there is anybody out there able to make a consistent profit manually or automated in Retail Spot Forex..

Is there? Can Rent a Signal show me?

ES

P.S. For me to be a coder...would require a classroom and one-on-one tutoring...and then it may take years....I am looking at codes and marvel at all that language...why is this here?...and why is that there?...what do those comma's mean?....etc..

P.P.S. You see the difference between you and me Trader..is that I know i am not the sharpest nail in the shed and I am not afraid to admit it...I have tried a lot of ideas and all I can brag about is that...I am an idea guy...lol...etc etc..its the only way I can hold my head high....but I cannot crack this Forex thing...EVEN WITH THE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

zupcon...see..i do not know what I am posting about. I must be more careful.

But how can a sellers EA be decompiled when he is broadcasting from his computer? are you suggesting that some hacker can go backwards through Rent a signal and come into his computer and get his EA then decompile it? and steal his code?

I do not expect you to reply to this post as you are not going to be able to educate me with just a reply...but is it possible to get the code of the seller?

ES

zupcon:
That argument really doesnt stand up particularly well. Core elements of the project are based on MQL and are completely open to decompilation.

Unless the details of each and every signal are scrutinised against an independantly verified data feed, there is scope for abuse, and where there's scope for abuse, abuse will surely follow

MQL and metatrader are the weakest points of failure in the security of this system, which is precisely why noone who was serious about this undertaking would base a signals service on such dodgy technology

ElectricSavant,

No matter how hard it is , learning how to code is worth it

As for manual trades I think you underestimate yourself, maybe your over leveraged but it doesn't mean you can't trade what it means you over trade the account, I would say most people know how to trade but they take more risk than what they should, so as a simple rule if you want to enter with 0.1 lot then divide it by two , always cut your lot by half " at least "

In trading we all look for that edge to make us better, so if someone found a good trading method or expert and post it to the public he lost his edge, check any good expert or method been shared on public two or three month after being shared it become useless , so even if you found a good expert , it wont last for long.

I am not trying to preach or give a speech you have done a lot of work on your side I am just giving you the results for your work, if you want something good , you will have to do it yourself or with your own group, talking to a good trader in your area helps a lot, a small tip sometimes will do all the magic.

wish you all the best

Alan

Alan

So are you telling me that there are coders that are consistently profitable? There was a coder that you and I once knew who used to have his own Forum, who stated that there was no way to trade Retail Spot Forex with TA...

ES

MiniMe:
ElectricSavant,

No matter how hard it is , learning how to code is worth it

As for manual trades I think you underestimate yourself, maybe your over leveraged but it doesn't mean you can't trade what it means you over trade the account, I would say most people know how to trade but they take more risk than what they should, so as a simple rule if you want to enter with 0.1 lot then divide it by two , always cut your lot by half " at least "

In trading we all look for that edge to make us better, so if someone found a good trading method or expert and post it to the public he lost his edge, check any good expert or method been shared on public two or three month after being shared it become useless , so even if you found a good expert , it wont last for long.

I am not trying to preach or give a speech you have done a lot of work on your side I am just giving you the results for your work, if you want something good , you will have to do it yourself or with your own group, talking to a good trader in your area helps a lot, a small tip sometimes will do all the magic.

wish you all the best

Alan

Alan

ElectricSavant:
So are you telling me that there are coders that are consistently profitable? There was a coder that you and I once knew who used to have his own Forum, who stated that there was no way to trade Retail Spot Forex with TA... ES

What your saying is true, but why do we limit our self to one method when we know that the market can be either choppy or trending ? I am using many trading methods to end up in profit.

for exmaple : breakouts and trend following experts will lose big time in choppy market, that's where scalpers makes money.

I am only showing the good side of my trades on the web, kind of teasing but there are losses of course and many losses but at the end the results are in profit , the reason is that I use an different experts to handle the market, and those who knows me, know very well that I only trade two weeks of the month, I don't have to be in the market all the times.

a simple breakout expert would have done a great job in the past two weeks but it might kill the account if used alone, I know you have been following Waddah expert , its a great expert for a choppy market but last week it took a big hit as it goes against the trend , if you used a breakout expert beside that expert mostly you will end up in breakeven or small profit or small loss, if you add a scalper then you must end up in profit

so don't look at the expert performance alone, combine it with other methods or experts and you should be fine

I hope my comments guide you to the right method

Regards

Alan

Automating Daily Signals?

We run a daily signal service in South Africa where, every morning around 06h00 GMT, we send signals via email to our subscribers to enter.

One of our members said we could automate this by using Meta Trader so I had a look at their official site and couldn't really figure out how. It seems like they provide the software that a company like AvaFX uses, not us.

1. Is it possible to do this?

2. How? (I'm a coder, so I just need some basic help and docs :) )

Reason: