Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 175

KumoBreake:

there s lot of options which may have huge different results , like : filter inside candles just based on body , or some tolerance for breaks (does a 4 pip shadow break really counts ? ) . off the top of my head long periods of  ATR can be helpful to decide which inside candles to filter or not ,for example seems like filtering can help in ex1,2 & bad idea in ex4 but what about 3 (because of long shadows that caused insdie bars)? i don't know . honestly i'm not sure about any of them !!

Right now I am thinking the following : if inside bar (candle) in whatever form, indicator value does no change but inherits the previous value, otherwise regular value. Will try with some simple tests (rsi, stochastic, and so on ...)

KumoBreake:

there s lot of options which may have huge different results , like : filter inside candles just based on body , or some tolerance for breaks (does a 4 pip shadow break really counts ? ) . off the top of my head long periods of  ATR can be helpful to decide which inside candles to filter or not ,for example seems like filtering can help in ex1,2 & bad idea in ex4 but what about 3 (because of long shadows that caused insdie bars)? i don't know . honestly i'm not sure about any of them !!

Here is one version of rsi that uses inside bar for filtering

Frankly I do not see too much change - it seems that in forex the inside bar is not as frequent as expected and then the filtering results are not so different. It works the following way : if the bar is an inside bar, previous rsi is inherited, otherwise regular rsi is used for that bar

mladen:

Here is one version of rsi that uses inside bar for filtering

Frankly I do not see too much change - it seems that in forex the inside bar is not as frequent as expected and then the filtering results are not so different. It works the following way : if the bar is an inside bar, previous rsi is inherited, otherwise regular rsi is used for that bar

Dearest MLADEN

Why increasing the period do not clear effect on slope coloring.here in picture i compared period 2 versus 100 ....... is there a way to smooth it (reduce numbers of signaling),it looks too fast changing slope colors even candle by candle with weighted price.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Why increasing the period do not clear effect on slope coloring.here in picture i compared period 2 versus 100 ....... is there a way to smooth it (reduce numbers of signaling),it looks too fast changing slope colors even candle by candle with weighted price.

regards

mntiwana

That is RSI (for rsi the slope of the rsi value does not change regardless of of the rsi period). Check it with the original rsi and you shall see :) To have the slope change on period change, different types of rsi (like rsx) have to be used

mladen:

mntiwana

That is RSI (for rsi the slope of the rsi value does not change regardless of of the rsi period). Check it with the original rsi and you shall see :) To have the slope change on period change, different types of rsi (like rsx) have to be used

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response,so how we can slow down the fast signaling of this specific indicator or in other words reduce numbers of false signaling.if HA prices may help or what so else.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response,so how we can slow down the fast signaling of this specific indicator or in other words reduce numbers of false signaling.if HA prices may help or what so else.

regards

As far as rsi is concerned, the best solution is to use rsx instead of rsi

mladen:
As far as rsi is concerned, the best solution is to use rsx instead of rsi

thanks man but i think there's something wrong with the code (or i'm missing something)

i used period 2 for rsi's to see differences more clearly (lower one is filtered) as u can see during selected time intervals (inside bars) value of filtered rsi is changing but it should not right ? or your weekly eurchf chart , all of the candles after peg crash are actually inside bars ! then why rsi is rising ? again if the code uses same value of rsi for inside bar then rsi should be flat during that time(rsi 2 period) but that's not what i see

KumoBreake:

thanks man but i think there's something wrong with the code (or i'm missing something)

i used period 2 for rsi's to see differences more clearly (lower one is filtered) as u can see during selected time intervals (inside bars) value of filtered rsi is changing but it should not right ? or your weekly eurchf chart , all of the candles after peg crash are actually inside bars ! then why rsi is rising ? again if the code uses same value of rsi for inside bar then rsi should be flat during that time(rsi 2 period) but that's not what i see

As I explained : the previous state of the rsi is inherited only (and only if) there is an inside bar (compared to the previous bar, not to some arbitrary bar). And, as you can see it, inside bar when compared to previous bar is not as frequent as you expect it. Otherwise regular rsi is used.

What inside bar definition are you using (since there is no error in the code at all)? Comparing the current bar high and low to previous bar high and low, or what?

mladen:

As I explained : the previous state of the rsi is inherited only (and only if) there is an inside bar (compared to the previous bar, not to some arbitrary bar). And, as you can see it, inside bar when compared to previous bar is not as frequent as you expect it. Otherwise regular rsi is used.

What inside bar definition are you using (since there is no error in the code at all)? Comparing the current bar high and low to previous bar high and low, or what?

there's no syntax error with the code ,  (based on your code ) if the current candle is fully inside last candle then rsi of last bar will be used , right ? so when we use "2" as a period for rsi and we have a inside bar (like candles after purple arrow in my last post) then we should see a flat line (i dont know maybe i'm wrong ).

for the definition of inside bars in my opinion multiple candles can be inside of one candle and all of them should be treated as inside bars of that big candle (for example gold 1h chart @18/7/2016 4:00 am based on mt last pic - it took 9 candles to break the range of this bearish candle and all of those 9 candles are "inside bars" ). as long as range of that candle is not broken following candles are all inside bars & no change in value of rsi (like the red intervals in the last post). you're right there's not much inside bars "just based on  previous candle"

KumoBreake:

there's no syntax error with the code ,  (based on your code ) if the current candle is fully inside last candle then rsi of last bar will be used , right ? so when we use "2" as a period for rsi and we have a inside bar (like candles after purple arrow in my last post) then we should see a flat line (i dont know maybe i'm wrong ).

for the definition of inside bars in my opinion multiple candles can be inside of one candle and all of them should be treated as inside bars of that big candle (for example gold 1h chart @18/7/2016 4:00 am based on mt last pic - it took 9 candles to break the range of this bearish candle and all of those 9 candles are "inside bars" ). as long as range of that candle is not broken following candles are all inside bars & no change in value of rsi (like the red intervals in the last post). you're right there's not much inside bars "just based on  previous candle"

No. There should be no flat line unless all the candles are inside bars and that is not the case from that example

As of the definition : if the state of the current bar is compared only to the previous bar, how can multiple bars be inside bars of some bar way back, unless they are inside bars for each and every previous bar - which is clearly not a case for any of the examples

As of candle after the purple arrow in your example : would you mind explaining how the candles are inside bars for a bar that are proceeding them (and only for that bar, not a bar nnn bars ago) on that example? I do see only one inside bar right after the purple arrow and no more (since either high or low of the previous bar was exceeded by either high or low of the current bar)

Reason: