Volatility Quality Index - page 12

Thanks Raff, saved some screenspace. I am quite new to MetaTrader

Very interesting picture - part 2

Hmm...

Files:

Can you describe what's going on in the picture that's of interest?

raff1410:
Hmm...

Can you share your tamplate please. Metatrader from metequotes is ok or we need to use an other one??

Thanks very much

raff1410:
Hmm...

I love your screen pics, Can you share your indicators too...

Thanks!!

raff1410:
Hmm...

It's me again, I would appreciate a lot if you can send all the updated indicators and how to set this up or better a template.

And how to trade with this!!

Thanks you so much!!!

Updates on my results

Following a strict AscTrend must match VQ(5313) and VQ(3313) and MACD being in agreement is gravy, these are my results for this week:

8/7: EURUSD +30, GBPUSD -5

8/8: Missed the big move because turned off sound and missed alerts

8/9: EURUSD +43, GBPUSD +54, GBPUSD -7, EURUSD -12

8/10: EURUSD +13, GBPUSD +26

8 trades, all Short/Sell, 5 winners and 3 losers, +142 pips.

VQ is really a cornerstone to this.

Thanks Raff.

Files:
pic_021.gif  32 kb
pic_022.gif  33 kb

67-17454:
I can only get you the .ex4 of the indicator.

The reason I use both 3313 & 5313 is that 3313 is more reactive and gives me a 'heads up'. It also identifies mini-trends. 5313 is more conservative and that's really what I'm going for with my entries. When I was using 3313 I was just in and out all over the place.

I have written a little VB6 program that gives me a dashboard of the status of the indicators for the four indicators I use (MACD, Asc, VQ-5313, VQ-3313). It stays on top all the time so I can monitor the status of the indicators even if I'm doing something else on the computer.

Also, when I have a confirmed trend reversal, my EA sends a message to my cell telephone so I can go check it out if I'm not around my computer.

Lots of fun.

very nice dashboard, do you have any download link?, where can i find that dashboard

thanks

dellan

67-17454:
The dashboard was really just a utility I pulled together in VB6. If you'd like it, it's here.

In the .Zip: TradingAsst.exe (dashboard), Path.txt, AscTrendline.ex4, mWay.mq4, mWay.ex4, VB6Code.txt

Pick a folder and put TradingAsst.exe (dashboard) and Path.txt in it. You'll need to have the VB6 runtime modules for that to run. It's usually already installed on a Windows machine. Modify Path.txt to the path where \experts\files\ is located.

I added the VB6Code.txt so if someone wants to put this is Java or something, they'll have data format for reading from the file output by mWay.ex4.

Put VQ.ex4 from this thread in the \experts\indicators folder

Put AscTrendline.ex4 in the \experts\indicators folder

Put mWay.mq4 in the \experts folder (this is an EA that provides the data for the TradingAsst) and also sets the alerts when things line up.

Open a new chart for EURUSD & GBPUSD (it's hardwired for these) and drag the mWay EA on the charts. You don't have to have VQ.ex4 or AscTrendline.ex4 on the chart to use this (I think - haven't tried it).

I'm reluctant to release this, mainly because it will show my sloppy programming, but you're welcome to it if you can tolerate that.

Good luck. No laughing!

lol, dont worry

thanks so much for it!

i loved the asctrendline, very interesting

67-17454:
Following a strict AscTrend must match VQ(5313) and VQ(3313) and MACD being in agreement is gravy, these are my results for this week:

8/7: EURUSD +30, GBPUSD -5

8/8: Missed the big move because turned off sound and missed alerts

8/9: EURUSD +43, GBPUSD +54, GBPUSD -7, EURUSD -12

8/10: EURUSD +13, GBPUSD +26

8 trades, all Short/Sell, 5 winners and 3 losers, +142 pips.

Just to close out the week -

8/11: GBPUSD +23.

10 trades, all Short/Sell, 7 winners and 3 losers, +165 pips.

Doing this required a lot of discretion and the indicators were primarily alerts and bird-dogs. I lost when I went against them, and usually won when I behaved. Just because I had a "red board" (Sell/Short) or "green board" didn't mean I automatically entered. In a sideways/channelling market there are a lot of false signals that had to be visually filtered. But when VQ started sounding numerous alerts, it told me things were heating up and to pay attention. And when that was followed by a green or red board, I was awake and ready. All exits were discretionary. I don't know that I could ever effectively turn this into an auto-trading EA using my trading plan.

Thanks again Raff. This would not have worked out for me without VQ.

Reason: