Blessing 2 - page 168

ajm864:
Alex,

Yes, I trade both on the daily time frame. I backtest and optimize the MA first, then the GAF, and last the Multiplier. I believe Iron recommended this approach a while back, and I have followed his lead.

I have not been seeing a lot of changes in the settings from month to month so far. Usually if there is a change it is with the MA.

I know a lot of people do not believe in backtesting and I recognize and understand that it may not be very accurate. I use it to just give me a read and to stay engaged in the pairs I am trading. Without a crystal ball, this is all I have. The capability to backtest is available so I use it.

My drawdown has been reasonable for the most part. I have never been past 7 trades on UsdJpy and EurUsd. That may sound good, but I am not making a lot of money, either.

With these two pairs I make about $40 to $60 a month trading a penny a pip at IBFX. My goal is to be further ahead at the end of the month than I was at the beginning of the month. If that happens, I'm happy. I take what I can get and try not to be too greedy. In my experience of trading stocks, options, and now forex, the markets can humble you in a hurry.

With the EurUsd and UsdChf being so highly negatively correlated, it wouild seem to me that UsdChf would work well with Blessing. But I did not find this to be the case - for now. However, it may be better to just up your starting lot size on the UsdJpy and EurUsd and forget about trading other pairs. I don't know if the diversification argument is valid or not.

Unfortunately, in my life I have lost a lot of money trading stocks and options. When you have been beaten by the markets as many times as I have been, you appreciate whatever profits you do make.

I wish you and everyone in this thread the best of fortune in Forex.

Aj

thanks a lot Ajm

I agree with what you say, what is the average % profit for th 40 to 60usd you make monthly ?

thanks

eurusd level 8... tp is 1.4359. level 9 starts at 1.4527 . i hope it choses the first destination cause otherwise i am in a big trouble p.s. and i think it is going to close lvl8 with a small loss. well thats the beter scenario haha

feline207:
eurusd level 8... tp is 1.4359. level 9 starts at 1.4527 . i hope it choses the first destination cause otherwise i am in a big trouble p.s. and i think it is going to close lvl8 with a small loss. well thats the beter scenario haha

What is your starting lot? Do you have enough equity to sustain level 9+?

I hope it turns south soon. I major resistance is at 1.461.

A month ago Gbp-Jpy went to level 11 on my live trading, with DD over $4500.

It changed direction for a profit of $1800.

Best regards and good luck.

George

i manually closed the positions on my first account and i lost some $, but it canno survive more than lvl9 so thats why i did this. for the second one i am really confused. i have $2300 available for floating, but i guess it can cover not more than lvl9 or 10 max. i am really close to the tp but if it changes direction additional levels can be fatal for my account.

alex84:
thanks a lot Ajm

I agree with what you say, what is the average % profit for th 40 to 60usd you make monthly ?

thanks

2% to 3%

Ajm

ChicagoRob:
Please describe the performance/safety differences, as

compared to standard level 12 BE. Have you backtested

this strategy, or are you trading live with it?

Rob

I am trading live. Demo and live Results show blessing seldom go past level 8 for all pairs with this setting. Hence, it will reduce %DD. Of course Level 6 BE is derived based on my personal account balance. For larger account size, you can afford to set higher BE.

eurusd will hit lvl 11 no problem when things really get rolling. I can imagine when the 2nd wave hits the US economy later this year or next, seeing lvl 14-15.

It will be fun ride if you're on right train.

Slack:
eurusd will hit lvl 11 no problem when things really get rolling. I can imagine when the 2nd wave hits the US economy later this year or next, seeing lvl 14-15. It will be fun ride if you're on right train.

That would be the train that trades .005 lots.

I'm not really satisfied with EURUSD. It's ranging. How about you guys? Been rolling with 1-2 lvls since it got near the highest point?