Blessing 2 - page 167

Finally closed my AUDCAD positions. It's been over a month. Do you guys still trade CAD pairs??

Togu:
Finally closed my AUDCAD positions. It's been over a month. Do you guys still trade CAD pairs??

Not if I can help it. Just about every pair I've tried has

turned to crap.

Rob

anyone seelling eurusd ? i am a little worried

ajm864:
Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted. Good to hear from Iron! I began using Blessing live earlier this year. I like this EA and want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread.

I only trade EurUsd and UsdJpy on the daily time frame using version 5.1. Using my own presets I tried the other two majors and lost money on GpdUsd. I did fair on UsdChf. I did not like the drawdown on them and stopped trading them for now. I only have a $1900 account so I have to be careful.

I have been experimenting with backtesting and optimizing at the beginning of every month for the two pairs I trade. I always go back to the prior three months. For example, right now I will optimize based on May, June, July data. This has been working for me. I like to keep my presets fresh.

I know a lot of folks will not like my approach and that is fine. I do not have the time to post a lot, but I am sharing my approach because it is working for me and has cut down on my drawdown. I am grateful for what I have learned from others on this thread and maybe others might want to try my approach. That is your call. Best of trading to all.

hey

thanks for sharing your results

do you mean you trade both eurusd and usdjpy on daily tf or only usdjpy on daily ?

what parameter do you optimize every month ? do you test them all or do you just fine tune one or two of them ?

What are your average profits and dd on this 2 pairs since you're live ?

Thanks

Alex

feline207:
anyone seelling eurusd ? i am a little worried

I was buying all the time. But I don't wanna buy no more. You should hold on too it. It will drop very very soon and ur pain will be over.

P.S. What do you guys do with recent EURUSD activity? do you guys still riding the bull eventhough you know it will plunge soon?

i hope so. right now tp is 1.4281

Togu:
I was buying all the time. But I don't wanna buy no more. You should hold on too it. It will drop very very soon and ur pain will be over. P.S. What do you guys do with recent EURUSD activity? do you guys still riding the bull eventhough you know it will plunge soon?

I am still buying since all day

And unfortunetly for what I see I believe it will keep going up

batalhadematos:
I am still buying since all day And unfortunetly for what I see I believe it will keep going up

When pairs run like this, you need a monster balance.

Rob

alex84:
hey

thanks for sharing your results

do you mean you trade both eurusd and usdjpy on daily tf or only usdjpy on daily ?

what parameter do you optimize every month ? do you test them all or do you just fine tune one or two of them ?

What are your average profits and dd on this 2 pairs since you're live ?

Thanks

Alex

Alex,

Yes, I trade both on the daily time frame. I backtest and optimize the MA first, then the GAF, and last the Multiplier. I believe Iron recommended this approach a while back, and I have followed his lead.

I have not been seeing a lot of changes in the settings from month to month so far. Usually if there is a change it is with the MA.

I know a lot of people do not believe in backtesting and I recognize and understand that it may not be very accurate. I use it to just give me a read and to stay engaged in the pairs I am trading. Without a crystal ball, this is all I have. The capability to backtest is available so I use it.

My drawdown has been reasonable for the most part. I have never been past 7 trades on UsdJpy and EurUsd. That may sound good, but I am not making a lot of money, either.

With these two pairs I make about $40 to $60 a month trading a penny a pip at IBFX. My goal is to be further ahead at the end of the month than I was at the beginning of the month. If that happens, I'm happy. I take what I can get and try not to be too greedy. In my experience of trading stocks, options, and now forex, the markets can humble you in a hurry.

With the EurUsd and UsdChf being so highly negatively correlated, it wouild seem to me that UsdChf would work well with Blessing. But I did not find this to be the case - for now. However, it may be better to just up your starting lot size on the UsdJpy and EurUsd and forget about trading other pairs. I don't know if the diversification argument is valid or not.

Unfortunately, in my life I have lost a lot of money trading stocks and options. When you have been beaten by the markets as many times as I have been, you appreciate whatever profits you do make.

I wish you and everyone in this thread the best of fortune in Forex.

Aj

GBP/JPY is going up...up..and up