Blessing 2 - page 199

download backtest

here we go i share this with you. you can of course tell me if you see something wrong with it such as settings etc

Feline

If you go back a few posts you will learn about Rob's (ChicagoRob) experience with usdjpy. He went to level 14 and survived somehow.

I'm sure Rob will advise you about trading this pair.

feline207:
download backtest here we go i share this with you. you can of course tell me if you see something wrong with it such as settings etc

i know about that. but i am more curious about how much dd did he experience. i have been forwarding that usdjpy for a month which is a very small ammount of time but i saw medium/high levels withouht significant dd. i'm open to any suggestions and want to hear everyones opinion. thanks and have a nice weekend if you do not plan to check the forum during the weekend.

feline207:
i know about that. but i am more curious about how much dd did he experience. i have been forwarding that usdjpy for a month which is a very small ammount of time but i saw medium/high levels withouht significant dd. i'm open to any suggestions and want to hear everyones opinion. thanks and have a nice weekend if you do not plan to check the forum during the weekend.

My DD with usdjpy was 58%, which was very close to an EP hit(I had it

set to 60%). I was using one of Iron's set files, which had the grid at

.8, which was too tight. Blessing was opening orders left and right.

I now use the default grid setting of 1 and AutoCal=True, which should

be better for me.

The only thing that saved me was the big balance of $2500/pair on an

IBFX penny/pip account. Since my starting lots were .02, the actual

amount was $1250/pair, which was barely enough to keep my account

from going over the edge. On a 10-cent pip account, this would equate

to $12,500/pair.

You need a big balance to trade Blessing, and it will only work if you are

trading the right pairs with the right settings.

Rob

feline207:
wow ive never talked about gu setups here. share your experience. how do you trade that ? sorry to hear about your losses, did you manage to do something at the last moment ? yes of course it is a matter of account balance. if you have enough money to maintain large accounts you can make incredible profit. we have a saying in our language, something like "money goes to money" . dont know if i can say this exact thing in english. about backtesting - i started doing it on the alpari platform, because it makes higher dd than my own brokers mt4 and i think its closer to the reality so i am prepared for the worse or at least i like to think so.i dont know about eurusd being the safest. it is the only pair that i have some experience with trading blessing. i'm not into usdjpy but just have to make at least demo forwardtests, because the backtests seem very very promising. so i have another few days to think whether to start eu again or switch to jpy. its just that at this point i cannot afford more than 4.8k initial balance, and it doesnt sound that much now after what happened recently. of course its more probable that that i will not be into such a big dd again for months, but you can never know for sure.. and maybe i will be taking too much risk again. please share your experience on usdjpy, those of you who have it. does it produces large dd very often ? how large etc. have a nice day

Stay away from USDJPY!!! I know it seems like reliable pair but trust stay away! I'll hit you in ur PM tomorrow. kinda drunk right now to write u lol

drop below 200 pips

hallo, i have a question to this great forum,

i have a broker with nano lot ( one pip one cent )

and suddenly my account drop below 200 pips ,

how much money do i have (in my MT4) to survive (when drop to 200 pips) in this Martingale system?

with opening lot is 0.01.

Thanks for help

dollar-end of the week

the end of the week celebrated the USD's come back! eur/usd fluctuated from 1.4720 to around 1.46---

Traders escaped from high yielding currencies, and long 'ed' the USD (decreasing home sales, US stocks, G20 meeting...)

thank you verymuchhhhhh

i know its very alluring and it seems profitable. it is actually. but every once in a while a big wave occurs and you have significant ammount of money floating in the trade. and thats why you need a big balance.. if you are lucky enugh not to fall in big dds right at the start, you can even run blessing with lets say $500 for a couple of months. but thats crazy. when i started live with blessing i knew less than what i know now about it and i had very very small initial balance. right now when i turn back i can only laugh at myself and the luck that i had to survive the first few weeks if i was 'killed' by one of those large waves right back then at the beginning, maybe i would be discouraged and would have not started again with it. to chicagorob: so you traded different pairs on one account right ? i cannot estimate the dd produced by usdjpy only when you say some percent value. i mean.. i am really interested in the ammount of money that was involved in it. if it isn't very capable of exceeding 2000-2500 negative $ , then it is allright for me, doesnt matter if the level is 9 or 10 or 11 or whatever. i dont know.. maybe i should just start again the eurusd.. usdjpy is an unknown territory for me. i have been fwdtesting it for a month only and have couple of very promising backtests. so i have a strong feeling that i dont know exactly what i am doing and it scares me.

Togu:
Stay away from USDJPY!!! I know it seems like reliable pair but trust stay away! I'll hit you in ur PM tomorrow. kinda drunk right now to write u lol

haha last night i was very drunk too

Reason: