Blessing 2 - page 164

alex84:
did you backtest blessing on ts ?

Not yet, I'm late on the scene with Blessing but will code it and post a result or two. George's equity curve shows it's worth a good look.

Just on backtesting - given testing limitations of MT, understand the need to forward test on demo before trading. However on other platforms this is unnecessary and mostly unproductive. With accurate bid and ask tick data and provided you don't optimise parameters on that data set, running a backtest is equivalent to forward testing on a demo account changing spread and all. Means you can 'forward test' years of performance in seconds.

Demo forward testing in MT can lead you astray. You need a statistically significant number of trades in a full range of market conditions to understand an EA. Means you need to forward test for many months or risk trading without knowing the full picture. Knowledge = dollars.

Just my opinion that backtesting is the number one skill system traders need to master.

cheers

Knoxy

georgedim:
Here is 6 months demo trading report, on 4 pairs.

Starting deposit: $ 5000.

Profit: 230%

Starting lot: 0.01, 10c/pip

Bro, how do you restrain yourself from going live. Come-on, jump in

Knoxy:
Not yet, I'm late on the scene with Blessing but will code it and post a result or two. George's equity curve shows it's worth a good look.

Just on backtesting - given testing limitations of MT, understand the need to forward test on demo before trading. However on other platforms this is unnecessary and mostly unproductive. With accurate bid and ask tick data and provided you don't optimise parameters on that data set, running a backtest is equivalent to forward testing on a demo account changing spread and all. Means you can 'forward test' years of performance in seconds.

Demo forward testing in MT can lead you astray. You need a statistically significant number of trades in a full range of market conditions to understand an EA. Means you need to forward test for many months or risk trading without knowing the full picture. Knowledge = dollars.

Just my opinion that backtesting is the number one skill system traders need to master.

cheers

Knoxy

that will be great to see your ts backtests

thanks

georgedim:

thanks george

Eur usd is far the best of all 4 pairs in your tests (it's also what i observe for months on my live account)

why did you chose usd chf instead of aud cad

What settings did you use for usd chf

did you always use iron set files for the 3 other recommended pairs ?

thanks

georgedim:

Hi George,

Just curious. Are you trading mm true?

My eurusd demo using ur setfile is up 50% in 12 weeks. Have noticed though that at levels 8 - 9, the TP is very far. Have you experienced the same?

What setfiles are you using.

Rgds

Ed

kgm:
hello ALL, i don't know if anyone has used or back tested this blessing EA for 2008, for me i think its not good in a very trending market condition, i feel it has been doing well this year since the market has not had any major long term trend in any direction except in march and it has been lucky to survive. For me after seeing the performance in 2008 back test, i cant trust my money on this EA, its not like it not good 100%, but its weakness can show up at anytime and it could be very painful. These are my observations.

you're absolutely right

george

alex84:
thanks george

thanks

george

thks

alex84:
thanks george

Eur usd is far the best of all 4 pairs in your tests (it's also what i observe for months on my live account)

did you always use iron set files for the 3 other recommended pairs ?

thanks

Sorry Alex, I was out of the office for last couple of days.

I feel comfortable with Usd-Chf. Something you can set and forget. Not a great performer, but steady and “predictable” (if there is such a thing in Forex).

On the other hand with Usd-Cad, I had some good results, but it is hard work.

The grid allocation factor has to be 1.9 or 2, and on live trading you have to do some manual intervention, especially around level 11. That is the area where hedging can be implemented. Keep me posted please, regarding the outcome of your discussion with Bobster.

I haven’t used Iron’s set files on this four/five pairs, however the 4h set file, Iron posted in May this year, is absolutely the best and safest performer.

Bobster’s 30min set files are quite good as well.

Here is the 30min Usd-Chf file.

Best regards,

George

Files:
Reason: