Blessing 2 - page 87

Antomi:
To all,

After intensive backtests (02.Jan.08 - 30.March 09) I started a forward test on 4 pairs last week.

It made about 1 % per day so far. Would not complain if this continuous.

Attached is a PDF-file with all performance data.

For more information concerning the pairs and the set-files see post 801.

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

Well, if you can sustain that rate of return, that would

be quite impressive. I'm getting around 11%/month,

which is roughly half of your test results. However, things

are always different when you're working with a live feed

and the difference in broker fills.

Rob

Antomi:
To all,

After intensive backtests (02.Jan.08 - 30.March 09) I started a forward test on 4 pairs last week.

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

That's a very nice report. I noticed that the winning

percentage of trades was quite a bit higher than what I see with my live Blessing account. I have a feeling those percentages will drop down somewhat, after trading for

a few weeks.

I'll assume you were using $2500/pair and trading 10-cent

pips?

Rob

Antomi:
To all,

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

thank you for sharing with us. i have been running blessing on a demo for a week and the balance now is over 10,500 ( the initial ballance was 10,000). i also started a much smaller demo account with blessing and it doubled the initial ballance in less than 3 days. how can i make a chart like the one you posted with the performance data>???

alex84:
I m more familiar with blessing too

But piplite looks as safe and swiss made as blessing

Iron and Fifth really gave us wonderfull tools and already found the pairs that feet perfectly with their strategy.

The re could be some improvment to add , but it will be only on testing and testing other pairs that would also feet the blessing. This could safer our growing accounts. But hey this will be a hard job as Iron explained earlier his way of testing, forwardtesting remaning a long part of the test.

Nevertheless the 4 pairs (and mainly 3 of them) Iron chose must keep the basis of the blessing account as they've already proven their reliability. They personaly on my account always have the highest lots traded even i someday find other pairs.

Good trading...

bless blessing

I agree, Jeff and 5th are truly class acts. The Forex world is really a unique place. So many thieves, con-artists and incompetent egoists; both on the trader and broker side. But, if you can keep from blowing up your acct, keep a barf bag handy and continue searching/learning, you'll eventually run into someone like Jeff and 5th.... then you'll recharge the batteries and reignite the fire that drives all us to maybe, possibly, one day tell our boss

10s of thousands of pips to everyone involved in this thread.

Antomi:
To all,

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

Hi Antomi,

What program are you using for these stats. I am particularly interrested in something that can record the max floating DD.

Pls et me know

Rgds

Ed

teknoesen:
Hi Antomi,

What program are you using for these stats. I am particularly interrested in something that can record the max floating DD.

Pls et me know

Rgds

Ed

He's using our Elite indicators and can't be post here without ban risk.

You could find it on our Elite Section.

Atomi, those results are impressive and I wish that were my live account

My experience is a return of 1.85% over the last 1 week since I started trading 2 pairs live. I'm trading USDJPY and USDCAD both with starting lot of 0.01 on an IBFX account with $7,500. I know Rob and others suggested trading 0.01 starting lot per $5,000 (standard account) for safety. But I believe if you trade more pairs, that may not be necessary unless all pairs are going against you at the same time. I hear some folks are trading 3 pairs, can you share which 3 pairs they are? I would like to diversify.

Lastly, let me tell everyone how glad I am to find this forum. It's like a family of traders who are always willing to share and help. Thanks FE and Iron for your selflessness.

Great week ahead to all.

Antomi:
To all,

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

Not going so well !!!

To Jeff,

Firstly, thank you for sharing this interesting EA.

I have been reading this thread for a while now and found it informative, so I thought I would try my luck and set up Blessing 2 v.5 on a 5K demo account to see what happens.

I used the standard settings on 4 pairs that you recommend with a portion setting of 4. No other changes made. The 5K is now down to $734 after only 2 weeks. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or was it just a couple of bad weeks that we just had? Anything you can tell me that I should check would be very welcome. With all the guys reporting nice gains, I think it must be something with my settings!

Thanks

Nik

Blessing for ECN

No one wants to look into this?

Nikolaus, with a 5K account, you should not be trading 4 pairs. The recommended minimum per currency pair is 250 for a mini account or 2,500 for a standard account. Others on this forum have reported using double that for each pair for that added assurance.

If you want to demo with 5K and want to run things conservatively, try choosing one pair (e.g. USDJPY) with starting lot at 0.01 or if you are a little more aggressive, select two pairs, again with starting lot of 0.01.

All the best.

Nikolaus:
To Jeff,

Firstly, thank you for sharing this interesting EA.

I have been reading this thread for a while now and found it informative, so I thought I would try my luck and set up Blessing 2 v.5 on a 5K demo account to see what happens.

I used the standard settings on 4 pairs that you recommend with a portion setting of 4. No other changes made. The 5K is now down to $734 after only 2 weeks. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or was it just a couple of bad weeks that we just had? Anything you can tell me that I should check would be very welcome. With all the guys reporting nice gains, I think it must be something with my settings!

Thanks

Nik
Reason: