Profit Generator EA - page 68

novafx99:
It opened some new trades around 1:30 GMT tonight. So, far none have hit stoploss. That's trading for ya, watching a position be down 15 or 20 pips and feeling the stress. Gotta love it. Still, it has not opened any contradicting positions for me in 24 hr. period and I'm not using Nich's new fix either. That's a good development.

Sometime logic lag behind, testing is mother of all creation in forex world. Big hot shot logics got failed in this unpredictable market. I will 100% in favor of your pivot R/S suggestion. I don't want to put any indicator in this ea still what we can do, we will die if we stop brainstorming or research and developemnt in this profession even we are making lavish living ( which i am not). Here is my little 2 cent idea, based on nova pivot strong recommendation.

See the picture and let me know nova, what you think about these dynamic pivot points and you know i had firm beleive on static pivot points but those are based on previous day calculation and you know forex market changes every tic, so i have more beleive on these dynamic pivots points. These are magic number, if they hold price action they will hold and if not then whole makret senario is changed. For example, before you were thinking about buying but suddenly you are thinking about short. You will understand more after lookin at picture.

Regards,

SFX

Files:
tops.gif  39 kb

EURJPY Doing Pretty Well!

All default settings except the following:

EURJPY (H4)

Longbar: 10

Take Profit: 15

Stoploss: 30

Reverse

No Obsolete

I understand that the last couple of days (trending) has been bad for this EA in general. I, too, have felt the hit as well. However, I want to look on the bright side and see that there are some currency pairs that are doing well.

Holyguy,

I didn't feel bad, even i am running this ea on my live a/c. This is the way of development, we have to face bad days. These bad days are making us thinking good to make this ea holy grail, heheheh. . After money management little more filtering or using new setups, we will be happy traders.

Regards,

laserjet:
Hi Shahzad

I have been testing this EA, and I was quite optimistic but on forward testing its results are verybad. But when someone like you said its agreat EA, I am surprised. May be I am using wrong settings.

I will appreciate if you let me know the settings you are using in forward tetsting.

Thanks In advance.

I appreciate your query. This is an ea which required lot of testing, it has too much options. I said in the context of ea scop and depth. It is just about price action, thats what i like the beauty of the ea. Brokers can beat any indicator to eat up our stop losses but they can not beat price action. Hence, i am sure they will have tough time to beat up this ea if we just be patient and find out little more developemnt on the best setup and little more filtering.

Holyguy already posted the best settings, and nova developments are also interesting.

Thank you,

SFX

Another USDJPY Statement

Here is another statement for the last couple of days for the USDJPY. Seems to be chugging along pretty well with these settings.

USDJPY (H1)

Longbar: 10

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 40

TSActivation: 15

TrailingPips: 30

Obsolete Method: 10 Min

Holyguy7,

Reverse scares me! It says forget all the logic we put into this EA and reverse it because we dont know how to trade this pair... NOT GOOD!!!

Lets get back to Nova's idea and see how it works.

Billy

bagovino:
Holyguy7,

Reverse scares me! It says forget all the logic we put into this EA and reverse it because we dont know how to trade this pair... NOT GOOD!!!

Lets get back to Nova's idea and see how it works.

Billy

I am not sure why it would "scare" you. This EA is primarily a "reverse" trend system. Some currency pairs don't do well to this and so you need more of a trending strategy. That all we are doing here. I hope that helps ease your mind. USDJPY if you have not noticed trades much different than the other major currency pairs. Besides, I have been testing this REVERSE trend now on this pair for over two weeks now and it is consistent.

Folks, I posted all the statements to start getting everyone to THINK outside the box and start thinking logically on settings that might work for certain currency pairs. Then share what they have learned with the group to perfect the system.

If we all work together, we can achieve great things.

The goal of this EA is to have different settings for each currency pair and so when tough times hit some pairs (as did the last couple of days) the other pairs would then make up the losses. That way it is a form of diversification.

holyguy7:
At least it works great so far on the USDCAD. Check out this statement.

Folks, let's think outside the box here.

USDCAD (M15)

Longbar: 5

Longbar%: .6

Max Trades: 3

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 80

UseClose: True

TSActivation: 5

TrailingPips: 0

OneTradePerPeriod: True

No Obsolete

excccelent....excccelent

Shahzadfx:
Sometime logic lag behind, testing is mother of all creation in forex world. Big hot shot logics got failed in this unpredictable market. I will 100% in favor of your pivot R/S suggestion. I don't want to put any indicator in this ea still what we can do, we will die if we stop brainstorming or research and developemnt in this profession even we are making lavish living ( which i am not). Here is my little 2 cent idea, based on nova pivot strong recommendation.

See the picture and let me know nova, what you think about these dynamic pivot points and you know i had firm beleive on static pivot points but those are based on previous day calculation and you know forex market changes every tic, so i have more beleive on these dynamic pivots points. These are magic number, if they hold price action they will hold and if not then whole makret senario is changed. For example, before you were thinking about buying but suddenly you are thinking about short. You will understand more after lookin at picture.

Regards,

SFX

All I can say is who knows. Nich is the one doing the programming. So, if the ideas don't inspire him to try then we will not know. These dynamic pivots might work very well with the fuzzy logic concept. I can see how they may. The thing about static pivots is that they are THE LEVELS that the institutional traders use and if you plot them and use them for a couple of weeks you will be amazed how the market turns becomes logical to you. As far as the settings and stuff go, this system works well on days when price bounces around between the pivots. We get killed during the breakouts. We need the filters to protect from that happening. Also, in my opinion, noone will be able to trade a system with so many positions, because of the margin and drawdown. I say that from the perspective of developing a system which can trade full lots and have proper margin and drawdown. I guess if you want to try trading a few hundred mini lots a month then it might work but look; the increased risk of being in the market that much will get you. Something will happen in the market and you'll have positions open at 600% margin then all your equity will vanish in the blink of an eye. Also, have you ever considered taxes? Try paying taxes on 4,000 trades a year. Ya, OK. A winning system will obey the rules of the game and not just produce pips while taking unbelievable risk and an inordinate number of trades. All things need to be considered.

Well said.

holyguy7:
I am not sure why it would "scare" you. This EA is primarily a "reverse" trend system. Some currency pairs don't do well to this and so you need more of a trending strategy. That all we are doing here. I hope that helps ease your mind. USDJPY if you have not noticed trades much different than the other major currency pairs. Besides, I have been testing this REVERSE trend now on this pair for over two weeks now and it is consistent.

Folks, I posted all the statements to start getting everyone to THINK outside the box and start thinking logically on settings that might work for certain currency pairs. Then share what they have learned with the group to perfect the system.

If we all work together, we can achieve great things.

The goal of this EA is to have different settings for each currency pair and so when tough times hit some pairs (as did the last couple of days) the other pairs would then make up the losses. That way it is a form of diversification.

Holyguy, now that is some serious testing and some nice trading. That JPY is a nasty one, eh? Always the trickster. No, question that the different pairs have different patterns. Just be careful to not get caught finding settings that reflect a "snapshot" in time. The behavior of the pairs does change over the course of weeks/months. It may be difficult to keep up with and find the best settings as things change.

Reason: