Blessing 2 - page 80

Hello Jeff (Iron),

Right time to refocus, as new to this thread I tried to read most of it. Blessing is a blessing and obviously gather small amounts which at the end must make plentiful rivers.

Thanks for this great EA and the links in your post.

I have been using verison 4.1.6 on demo accounts since the first of the year with good results. I have an account setup at IBFX I was getting ready to fund but now I see they are going to 5 digits I may hold up a bit with the funding of the account.

My question is since I have been using 4.1.6 for about 4 months and am really satisified with the results, is there a good reason to switch to V5.0 except for the 5 digit capability? I am one of those people who think that if something is working right don't mess with it.

Any input will be appreciated. I have read all the post and it seems that the EA has changed alot since the version I am using came out. I am worried that my results will suffer if I update to 5.0.

ozark01:
Any input will be appreciated. I have read all the post and it seems that the EA has changed alot since the version I am using came out. I am worried that my results will suffer if I update to 5.0.

The core logic has not changed in any of the revisions.

You will get identical performance, plus the additional

features, with 5.0.

I've been using 4.6 for quite a while, but will be

switching to 5.0 for tomorrow's open. Also, IBFX

will not be on 5-decimal for live accounts until

May 17.

Rob

At Pipcop

the results at pipcop is not encouraging for this EA.

more DD and loss making.What described by this link about "blessing system" is

true or not.How to code his trading method stated in the text?.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/162/blessing_system.pdf

Blessing

Read post number 1. This is the article that created version 1 of Blessing years ago. Blessing 1 simply did not pan out. Blessing 2 is what this thread is about. Blessing 2 has gone through a lot of revisions, the latest being v5.0. I make money with this EA and have done so for a while. Only you will know if it's good for you...

v/r

veepsmsn:
the results at pipcop is not encouraging for this EA.

more DD and loss making.What described by this link about "blessing system" is

true or not.How to code his trading method stated in the text?.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/162/blessing_system.pdf

Settings

alex84:
Did anybody test this pairs :

eur-gbp

eur-chf

if so what settings did you try?

They look interesting for the blessing but i'd like to share my fwdtests with others...

Thanks

Hi Alex,

I back-tested them and will forward test them beginning the week after eastern.

In all I will go with these 4 pairs:

EURUSD

USDJPY

EURGBP

EURCHF

All back-tests (Alpari-historical data, 90% modelling quality) were done between 2008.01.02 - 2009.03.30 with success.

Unfortunately I don't have history data for AUDCAD and can't test it. Furthermore the spread (12 pips) is much too high for me.

USDCAD was very critical during the mentioned period with low gains and high draw downs thats why I decided to stay away from it. Although I see the advantage to have a pair going usually in the opposite direction than EURUSD.

I tried also USDCHF but without success.

I plan to report my forward-test performance on a weekly basis in the forum and hope that this is OK.

Attached are the set-files for the pairs I'm going to use.

Would be interesting to compare our files.

Best

Antomi

p.s. the mm in the setfile-title stands for "with money management"

Antomi:
I plan to report my forward-test performance on a weekly basis in the forum and hope that this is OK.

Looking forward to your tests. I'm always looking for

additional pairs to trade along with usdjpy. It seems

that, based on all the back-tests, there are not many

good ones. Let's hope we can come up with just one

or two more.

Rob

I am using 4.6 right out of the box with the set files listed in this thread. If I update to 5.0 can I use it with the default settings and have the same EA as 4.6 or do i have to tweak some of the additional features that are available in 5.0 but not available in 4.6?

ChicagoRob:
The core logic has not changed in any of the revisions.

I've been using 4.6 for quite a while, but will be

switching to 5.0 for tomorrow's open. Also, IBFX

will not be on 5-decimal for live accounts until

May 17.

Rob

Rob....what added feature makes you want to switch if 4.6 is working for you? I may not be advanced enough to take advantage of what 5.0 has to offer and I can see me making some serious boo-boos!

ozark01:
Rob....what added feature makes you want to switch if 4.6 is working for you? I may not be advanced enough to take advantage of what 5.0 has to offer and I can see me making some serious boo-boos!

I pretty much use 4.6 bare-bones, but prefer to have the latest version running. It has features that I may end up using, if I decide to experiment. See post #1 for the changes over v4.8.

Rob

Reason: