Blessing 2 - page 66

Strtange TP

Hi,

I still have the problem with the strange TP.

As you can see from the attached image, first row I had a sell entry for GBPUSD at 1.43050 and a TP at 1.43510 which are 46 pips above the entry price. How is it possible that the system is going short and places a TP above the entry price?

Obviously I don't understand something.

Does the EA change the TP with increasing level?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me how it works. I would like to understand the logic.

Heeelp please.

Best

Antomi

Files:
strange-tp.jpg  31 kb

Antomi:
The strange thing is that the TP (for a long signal, buy) is sometimes lower than the entry price, which results in a loss, please see the attached image of the Account History.

Where did you come up with those grid values? They don't look right

to me. Are they from a custom set file?

Rob

Antomi:
first row I had a sell entry for GBPUSD at 1.43050 and a TP at 1.43510 which are 46 pips above the entry price. How is it possible that the system is going short and places a TP above the entry price?

Looks good antomi (except grid that you probably chosed on your own)

SL are modified everytime a new trade opens, the SL is the same for all the open trades of the pair. When all trades will close (hit TP) some will be winners some losers. But the global equity of the trades of this pair will be a profit because the winners have higher lots than the losers.

Re read the instructions in pdf file so you get more familiar with this ea.

Looks working good so far

Strange TP

alex84:
Looks good antomi (except grid that you probably chosed on your own)

SL are modified everytime a new trade opens, the SL is the same for all the open trades of the pair. When all trades will close (hit TP) some will be winners some losers. But the global equity of the trades of this pair will be a profit because the winners have higher lots than the losers.

Re read the instructions in pdf file so you get more familiar with this ea.

Looks working good so far

Thanks for the help. First I thought it is a buck, but than I realized I did not very well understand what is going on. Again thanks for the explanation.

Yes the grid was changed by me. Reason: first I wanted to use the AutoCal and tried that with one demo account and got strange settings. The actual ATR and the grid range (getting the range from iATR) differed a factor 4. Actual ATR (1 month) was about 20 and the grid range about 80.

So I decided to place the actual ATR instead of the standard or AutoCal.

This raises the question how the AutoCal calculates the grid. Does someone has or know the algorithem? Right now I don't trust the AutoCal.

Best

Antomi

I don't know exactly how the autocal works, have you looked in the pdf ?

Iron is the one to answer this question if not explained in the pdf...

i personaly use live the 4 set files recommended by iron. I'm demoing eur-jpy gbp-jpy and gbp-usd with the eur-usd (autocal on) set file. I already know this pairs will need much more balance to be safe enough and profitable. I'm trying to find out the best balance needed and see if the profit is good enough regarding the risk.

settings

lron:
All,

Here are the set files that have been backtested with v4.2. The set file has which chart you should put it on right in the name, i.e: 240 = 4 Hour Chart, 1440 = Daily Chart.

v/r

Are these setting files (Post 184) the "approved"/valid ones for IBFX?

Or any change?

Thanks

Antomi

Antomi:
Are these setting files (Post 184) the "approved"/valid ones for IBFX?

Or any change?

Thanks

Antomi

What do you mean by approved? The function of a setting

file is to optimize the inputs for a specific pair. I have

run all pairs with the appropriate set files and all have

functioned perfectly with IBFX.

Rob

Are we using the same settings that you have optimized for the earlier version?

lron:
All,

Boy, when you guys get me looking at the code, I see improvements that should have been made many versions ago.

While working on the autocal grid feature I realized that the grid adjustment factor is a very good feature. As it stood, it was only available if someone were to use autocal and with the old versions of Blessing on 5 decimal, EUR or AUD pairs, it simply didn't work.

Well, all that's changed. Version 4.9 was fixed however, I moved the GAF to allow someone to simply adjust the Grid via simply using a factor. No longer do you have to select autocal to get the GAF feature. You can simply adjust the Grid parameters with just the GAF.

The grid parameters of 25, 50, 100, 200 can now be adjusted with the GAF. The GAF is selectable in any format you desire, 1.0 is set as default. you can use .5 or .73 or .80 or whatever factor you want! This keeps the grid the same throughout usage on that pair. Autocal allows you to adjust the grid as the market moves which makes the grid "breathe" with the market.

Additionally, I normalized the grid factors to integers for use in the logic to avoid forever the divide by zero error no matter what broker you use. If you are new to Blessing, simply leave the GAF at 1.0. If you like to backtest to get optimum parameters, try adjusting the MA period first to find the best period. Then adjust the autocal from false to true to give that a try. Then adjust the grid. Or, you can now just simply adjust the GAF without autocal! Anyway you want, you now have the ability to work the grid numbers based on the pair you select!

So, for your EA pleasures, here's version 5.0

Happy Trading

v/r

Stuck?

I'm running Blessing 2 v5.0 (1st time installation) and although the price on the right-hand column and the chart itself are tracking the price, the large price figure displayed is stuck on "90.73" on both charts (USDJPY & AUDCAD).

Also, the Spread, Pips to Open, Hi to Low and Daily Av are un-changing.

What have I left out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Template Blessing-Iron.tpl

ArlingtonTrader:
I'm running Blessing 2 v5.0 (1st time installation) and although the price on the right-hand column and the chart itself are tracking the price, the large price figure displayed is stuck on "90.73" on both charts (USDJPY & AUDCAD).

Also, the Spread, Pips to Open, Hi to Low and Daily Av are un-changing.

What have I left out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Arlington,

the same happend with me. Have no idea why it does not work. I guess Iron tried to incorperate the PriceRangeInformation indicator.

Anyhow I have attached my own Blessing-Antomi.tpl which works with the also attached indicators.

Copy the indicators into the idicators-directory and the tpl-file into the template directory.

Indis:

PriceRangeInformation: gives you exactly the information you are looking for.

EJ_Candle_Time: indicates the time until the bar is finished

AllAverages: best indicator so far for me; it is a multi-MA-Indicator. It is possible to set up almost all known MA's. Even with changing directions with sound alarm if you want. Very handy.

best

Antomi

Reason: