Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 15

Jeeves:
Hi,

Just purchased 'Crb's' & seem to have some trouble getting any bars!

Stupid questions:

1. Do I need to open script on both live & off line charts?

2. Will it only work when market is open (no historic stuff)

Tks

Watch this video it should help you as it shows step by step how to do it.

Peace

10+

Great minds

10+YearTrader:
Watch this video it should help you as it shows step by step how to do it.

Peace

10+

Hi,

Found it at about the same time, but grateful all the same. Happy trading

Is this possible?

Hi,

I finally got the 'Range bar' script to work.

Now I got anther Q.

Keeping in mind that the 'Range bar'script is running on the 'Live' chart, and that I know nothing of things technical, can a script be added to the 'off' line chart....and would it work? I ask because I have a script that allows TP & SL to be altered from the chart.

If it is not going to work...is it possible (Sorry for the stupid Q) to run two scripts on the same chart? Or would it be better to open another live chart, & place the TP,SL script on it?

Tks

MetaTrader is new to me, as I have been using web based or broker provided software, so I'm not sure how to do this... Every time I close out MetaTrader, when I open it back up, I have to drop the CRB script back on the 1 minute chart again. I was wondering if any body knows a way to have the CRB charts come back up and be working fine when I open MetaTrader like the time based charts do?

Peace

10+

Jeeves:
Hi,

I finally got the 'Range bar' script to work.

Now I got anther Q.

Keeping in mind that the 'Range bar'script is running on the 'Live' chart, and that I know nothing of things technical, can a script be added to the 'off' line chart....and would it work? I ask because I have a script that allows TP & SL to be altered from the chart.

If it is not going to work...is it possible (Sorry for the stupid Q) to run two scripts on the same chart? Or would it be better to open another live chart, & place the TP,SL script on it?

Tks

I would think it would work, best thing to do would be to just try it.

(also see my above post)

Yes , Instead of placing the CRB "script" into the script folder copy it into the "Experts" folder and then load it onto the 1 min chart as a EA. Then open your offline chart.

You still have to keep the 1 minute chart open but you can minimize it. Now when you close metatrader and reopen it the CRB chart should be live .

This works Most of the time... Save the charts and setup as a "Profile"

added: go to the top tool bar and click "Tools" then "Options" and select "Expert Advisors". Place check marks only in the 4 main boxes (not the sub boxes). This way this makes that the default selections for the ea and it will not have to be selected again (every time you open it)

Well I was looking for indicator which makes tick based charts under MT4. It means every candle contains 10 tick (volume), the range based candlestick is very interesting have not tried yet them.

I have tried to compare the free NinjaTrader charts with the MT4 range window in EU.

The charts are :

1. MT4 EU 10pip range chart

2. NinjaTrader EU 10 pip range chart

3. Ninjatrader EU 10 volume (tick) chart

4. Ninjatrader EU 1 min chart

5. Mt4 EU 1 min chart

woodie cci code

mart-hart:
This range bar script from MQL is really nice.

Chart on the left is to days cable on 15 mins and the right one is 20 point range bars.

Just look how the CCI now reacts, no wonder all the woodie people have moved to range bars.

Mart

is there a download link for the cci code described? thanks

rosch009@yahoo.com.au:
is there a download link for the cci code described? thanks

Maybe here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176411

Scripts

Sorry for the delay in coming back Tommy, having fun, & success, with the range bars.

I tried it, & it works fine. Many thanks

Happy days!

TommyD:
I would think it would work, best thing to do would be to just try it. (also see my above post)
Reason: