Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 34

I have great respect for the Frank EA strategy, but I think that currently -- i.e. when the markets exhibit massive directional swings -- it should be disabled.

This strategy certainly works well during stable, preferably ranging market conditions, but right now it will wipe-out any small account.

SO, we should look into an additional filter in a larger time-frame. Possibly ADX(10)<20 or something similar on H4 or even D1 timeframe, to allow this EA to trade only when the market is ranging, and not when it is running.

Time filter is good under normal market conditions. Right now we need additional filters.

Cheers, Kris

I started to test something interesting.

Just hope that everything will be fine with the performance.

--------

I am still testing Frank_mod original version. I did not test yet Frank_Mod_Margin EA, Frank_Close EA and Frank EA with ADX filter.

ND, thank you for your continuous research! In my tests I found the following:

1. Frank_Mod remains the most profitable version, although prone to W large draw-downs, like we are currently experiencing, and possible wipe-outs if the account is not large enough.

2. Frank_Mod_Margin works the best with the default [50 percent] setting, i.e. the same as Frank_Mod. So it was an interesting expedition, but it is a redundant EA. So, we should probably not bother with further testing of Frank_Mod_Margin.

3. Frank_Close is a more interesting EA, as it is less risky than Frank_Mod. Essentially, it closes all open positions at specified time. This way, if we are in a losing position, the EA will take a loss an wait for the next trading session. This is key, as if the market is in a large single-directional move Frank-Mod might wipe-out, while Frank_Close will take a loss and allow us to live another trading day. So, Frank_Close is less risky, but also less profitable than Frank_Mod.

4. Frank_ADX doesn't work as intended. I posted a draft version asking for help, but unfortunately no-one responded. The idea is sound, where we want to allow trading only if the ADX 20), this EA should be sitting on its hands.

I am writing this note, not to waste your time. Attached are my back-tests (Jan-08 to Nov-08) to substantiate my point #3. I realise that back-tests are only 90% accurate and therefore we should continue forward testing.

Cheers, Kris

newdigital:
I started to test something interesting.

Just hope that everything will be fine with the performance.

--------

I am still testing Frank_mod original version. I did not test yet Frank_Mod_Margin EA, Frank_Close EA and Frank EA with ADX filter.
Files:
frank_mod.gif  22 kb
frank_close.gif  23 kb

Igorad improved all 10p3 EAs versions to trade with 5 digits broker:

10p3v0.03_5d EA

Original 4 digits version:

10p3v0.03 is here;

10p3v0.04_5d EA

10p3v0.04 EA: version 0.04 with currency pair control.

10p3v1.00_5d EA

10p3v1.00 EA: on the first post of this thread;

10p3v1.01_5d EA

10p3v1.01 EA: posted here and it is the same with 10p3v1.00 EA but some small bug was fixed.

10point3V1.9c_5d EA and 10point3V1.9e_5d EA

10point3 Hedge: hedge version of famous EA.

Read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 for more links/information.

tokarus i was wondering what timeframe the close all frank ea goes off of. i use ibfx do i just set the time to there time or does it work on a certain time other than broker time.

StartHour and EndHour?

It is broker time.

Frank Mod EA Users

I am probably the only person who use Frank Mod EA. Anyway, how will the new NFA rule about hedge trade affect this ea. I got an email from IBFX about this new rule. Thanks

Where can I get thos Ea's you showed backtest for testing?

Tokarus:
ND, thank you for your continuous research! In my tests I found the following:

1. Frank_Mod remains the most profitable version, although prone to W large draw-downs, like we are currently experiencing, and possible wipe-outs if the account is not large enough.

2. Frank_Mod_Margin works the best with the default [50 percent] setting, i.e. the same as Frank_Mod. So it was an interesting expedition, but it is a redundant EA. So, we should probably not bother with further testing of Frank_Mod_Margin.

3. Frank_Close is a more interesting EA, as it is less risky than Frank_Mod. Essentially, it closes all open positions at specified time. This way, if we are in a losing position, the EA will take a loss an wait for the next trading session. This is key, as if the market is in a large single-directional move Frank-Mod might wipe-out, while Frank_Close will take a loss and allow us to live another trading day. So, Frank_Close is less risky, but also less profitable than Frank_Mod.

4. Frank_ADX doesn't work as intended. I posted a draft version asking for help, but unfortunately no-one responded. The idea is sound, where we want to allow trading only if the ADX 20), this EA should be sitting on its hands.

I am writing this note, not to waste your time. Attached are my back-tests (Jan-08 to Nov-08) to substantiate my point #3. I realise that back-tests are only 90% accurate and therefore we should continue forward testing.

Cheers, Kris

First post of this thread.

Reason: