10point3 Hedge

Well, here we go. I have absolutely no idea whether its gonna be a disaster, or a super wealth builder. I might change it to become like PipButcher in the near future, to have better entry criteria, but I really lack of time, therefor I took the short route and stole turoro's version of dynamic stop, make a lil small changes to let it make buy/sell order at different EA without limiting the max trade or detect the previous order type.

I haven't test this before, therefor I have no ideal settings. Therefor, initially I took it as:

Updated

Basically its still a fully functional 10point3 system

Below attached the screenshot, set files and EAs. Help yourself out.

WARNING! For those who are not interested in Martingale/Hedging issues, please f*ck off, dont even look at this thread anymore. This thread is purposely develope for those who wants to contribute to the forum and put responsibility to their own wealth builder's people. The modified EA and the trading results that I made over this thread doesn't prove the success usage on your live trading account. Speed kills! Do not think of get a short cut to make your statement look good, even your demo account's statement look good doesn't mean your live account can get the same result. Good luck

Revised 2007.01.30 - Added function to identify mini account with money management. Therefor, its now more convenient for those who wanted to test it with mini account, without changing the EURUSD to EURUSDm.

Revised 2007.03.07 - Attached set file and screenshots

Files:

appreciate your effort here david.

by the way, did you send any email to me?

i am interested to test your pipbutcher but with agressive setting and make 2 magic number.

see ya

team_geo_fxsignal:
appreciate your effort here david.

by the way, did you send any email to me?

i am interested to test your pipbutcher but with agressive setting and make 2 magic number.

see ya

I'm not quite free to look at Butcher at the moment, and I'll send you an email when I'm ready. Meanwhile, the criteria you mentioned, you can do it on the 10point3V1.9c and V1.9e, it will work the same. Drag them on the charts, it will tell you the story. The only different is, PipButcher has a more accurate entry criteria. BUT, who cares? Its hedging dude! Thank you for support, wish you business grow faster and treat me a big meal. Have a good time. Off for awhile, see you guys in few hours

Looks good. Added to a terminal to try out with your settings on the EurUsdm on Interbank 1 hour chart. Modified them for use with the EurUsdm symbol instead of the EurUsd (as interbank uses the m at the end).

GK

Winner in Backtest ?

Good work folks. Any chart can show you why martingale "can be" profitable. It's like a rocket booster - which takes you to the moon... once you can tame it!

if you want to see a quick preview i guess you can run it on at least 1 year backtest. Backtest may not be accurate - but a loser on backtest will never win big in fwd!

But if you get a winner in BT, it's worth fwd testing to check real performance. It will cut your development time by a decade.

goodluck.

auto:
Good work folks. Any chart can show you why martingale "can be" profitable. It's like a rocket booster - which takes you to the moon... once you can tame it!

if you want to see a quick preview i guess you can run it on at least 1 year backtest. Backtest may not be accurate - but a loser on backtest will never win big in fwd!

But if you get a winner in BT, it's worth fwd testing to check real performance. It will cut your development time by a decade.

goodluck.

I just ran a backtest starting from January 05. Account blew up after 11.5 months.

aegis:
I just ran a backtest starting from January 05. Account blew up after 11.5 months.

Could you post your detailed summary?

Thanx,

GK

aegis:

maybe someone can add equity target per day...once the equity reach 5%, close all positions.

gkozlyk:
Could you post your detailed summary?

Thanx,

GK

Attached ...

Files:

improving ..

aegis:

Good find .. if you can post the equity chart and pin point the region of disaster - maybe people can focus on those days and try to fix the leak. This is a confidence building process - a long way to go.

In real account, you can always withdraw after every 50% profit. This does not affect trading as scaling is usually not involved.

Which pairs did you test?

thanks,

auto

auto:
Good find .. if you can post the equity chart and pin point the region of disaster - maybe people can focus on those days and try to fix the leak. This is a confidence building process - a long way to go.

In real account, you can always withdraw after every 50% profit. This does not affect trading as scaling is usually not involved.

Which pairs did you test?

thanks,

auto

ah...sneak out from the meeting:D thank you guys for the effort on backtest, but you're testing on V1.9c, I'm sure there is no way that you can run both EA in 1 back test. That is the reason why I forward test. You dont have to belive me, you just need to belive my statement. All I need is a little effort on tweaking the TP/InitialStop/TrailingStop. I'm having a friendly match with grandpa.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175973/page3

We can clearly see how a disaster 1 direction martingale created, and 2 way martingale makes 180' turn. Read the statement carefully, where grandpa only open buy before he take a big hit, then immediately change direction after the CRAZY 26% drawdown. Mine is always close with profit and refer to the latest signal and open trade. Both us using same TP, InitialStop...everything is identical, look at the drawdown. Make a comparison. Do you want your life account once in a while hit to the low margin <100%? Or decide to let some profit to cover your asses on the opposite direction. I dont know whether this help. But for me, 10point3 is already a gold mine, a holy grail, its the matter of you guys put effort to extract it or purely rely on backtest.

edited: just a very quick test on a dump idea, if it aint workout after NFP, we just shut down, thats all. no big deal, if there is a chance to find out i'm wrong, why not? i sincerely hope you cant, because until then we're having a money printing machine from the feds....

Reason: