Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 32

I saw your posts.

Basicly I am bad coder so it will be difficult for me to code this type of EA. Especially when Frank_mod EA is performing very good with no problem at all.

May be some coder can help (who will want).

Less Drawdown

Hi ND,

Yes I know that the EA is performing well. But if you think about it, the increase in lot size towards the trend reduces drawdown overall because you're taking higher profit not just minimal profit. Even when trend finally reverses, the highest order going against the trend covers all orders. Thank you for your response ND. Hopefully somebody looks this idea over and might think it's worth implementing.

Karlo.

Tokarus:
I have modified Frank_Mod EA further, to allow it to open new positions only when the Free Margin is at least 75% of the account Balance. This way we should be limiting the number of open orders.

I made it a parameter [called MinMargin] so you can play with various settings.

Cheers, Kris

Is it possible to program "Frank Mod" to close all open trades at a certain hour??? It seems this EA works very well during European hours and not that of US. Pls advise

resukt

newdigital:
Please find exact the versions which I am testing.

With timefilter (Alpari UK broker).

Time is on broker time (GMT+1 in case of Alpari UK broker as I remember).

which results ae you gettin with this version?

Good results.

I am posting the statements every weekend.

Go to this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

click on the link (the link is changing every weekend) and go to the post and download the statement for Frank_mod (alpha_electra_frankmod_ibfx.rar file). It is statements for every pairs separatedly, normal Metatrader's statement and visual statement with equity/balance lines.

Files:

"invalid ticket for OrderClose function"

Ive been forward testing on the frank mod with AlpariUK and others for a month.

The EA gets lots of errors i.e."invalid ticket for OrderClose function".

Can anyone please post how to avoid this problem??

This message appears especially when there are many buy/ or sell positions to be closed at once, and the EA only closes some, and the rest of the position/s would be left out on the battling of the field.

I think the order ticket would be forgotten on the next tick might be it, but just dont know how to fix it. Im currently closing the positions manually most of the time.

I do not know how to avoid but I do not see that it may be the problem. Right now Frank EA is having many open trades and trying to close allk the trades for GBPUSD with same error. As I understand it is run time error: many orders are closing in the same time.

Finally all the orders will be closed.

So, I did not see any problem with this 'invalid ticket'.

Together with this error you can see the other error message (in russian language):

"error to close sell - trying #1"

"error to close sell - trying #2"

and so on.

It is simple notification that EA is trying to close this trade and could not becase of run time but EA will try to close this trade untill the trade will be closed.

I monitor the trades 10 minutes ago and it was 20 opened trades and some trades are open and many trades are closed in the same time.

Main informative problem is the following:

I saw that 1 trades were trying to close 14 times within 1 or 2 minutes. Finally this trade was closed and I saw it in Metatrader. But I did not see any notification about

'invalid ticket error fixed' or finished

or

'error to close sell - no more trying: trade was closed'.

Because EA is typing just error's information only. And we can see only errors but in reality it is just EA is trying to close 5 trades and open 4 trades in the same time.

I do not think that those error messages are the problem. I did not see that it may be affected on the trades.

May be I am mistaken as I am not a coder so sorry.

Right now as I see: 8 trades for EURUSD were closed. With this trying notifications and so on but it was closed withing 1 minutes with no problem.

I uploaded Frank_ud001_usdjpy yesterday on the chart (alpari uk live) but it open only sell orders. I wonder why does it not open buy order together? The demo on fxdd is running perfectly.

karlorihoo:
Hi NewDigital,

I've posted this in the free forums but can't seem to get a response. I've just copied and pasted from the v1+v2mini forum and maybe i can get a response here.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but can someone program this ea a little different from what it's doing now. Why aren't the lots increased towards the trend. Example:

buy .1 and sell .1 -- buy takes profit because it's an uptrend

now we have

buy .1 and sell .1 + sell .2 -- again buy takes profit because of an uptrend

now we have

buy .2 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 --buy of .2 takes profit and keeps trending up

now we keep increasing the buy

buy .4 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 and sell .8 and so on

keeping the winning trade increasing but always half of the highest losing trade.

But as soon as the trend reverses and takes profit on the losing side, the ea must close ALL buy and sell orders and it will still be in profit instead of loss.

There are many benefits to this style of trading instead of the original one because it follows the trend (maybe).

Also, I think the smaller orders (the .1, .2, .4 lots and so on) going against the trend should be dropped one at a time, like maybe at the 4th or 5th level because it doesn't make sense to leave those orders open. All you're doing is increasing the amount of drawdown. I want to know what you think.

Karlo.

Newdigital,

Could you ask some great coders to try making this modification? I think this should perform even better with less DD.

Looking forward to see it soon

Reason: