Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 30

As to 10p3v0.03 EA ... and as we see from post 291 so this EA should open more trades. Because maximum trades is 10 for 1 pairs but as we see from the post images so EA opened just 6 trades on for CHFJPY. It should be more. Same case with stop loss for NZDUSD ... it should be 0.64 lot after 0.32 but EA stopped ...

May be, the timefilter in this 10p3v0.03 EA was coded to be timeframer for every single trade ... in thus case we need to look at the code to improve it.

As to Frank EA so timeframer is applying to martingale cycle. It means that if one trade is open withing trading hors so EA will continue trading irrespective if timefilter. Because timefilter in this Frank EA is timefilter for martingale cycle only and not for every single trade.

That is why we do not have stop loss for Frank.

But I think we need to look at the code of 10p3v0.03 EA just to be sure that we are having some timefilter coded as for Frank.

Everything is on the first post of the thread:

Or download from here:

- Frank_mod EA (modified version) by Kalenzo: time filter + baseLots variable (to set cycle starting lot size) is on this post and th settings are on this post.

There is Frank_Mod_Margin EA but I did not test it yet.

Files:

Updated statements for 10p3v0.03 EA and Frank_mod EA.

Files:
10p3v003_all.zip  510 kb
frank_mod.zip  428 kb

10p3v0.03 -timeframer for every single trade

Hi,newdigital,I still very confused about the relationship between "stoploss" and "timeframer for every single trade "?

The timeframer should be for every single trade or not? and what the 10p3v0.03 EA timeframer currentlly?

Thank you very much

newdigital:
As to 10p3v0.03 EA ... and as we see from post 291 so this EA should open more trades. Because maximum trades is 10 for 1 pairs but as we see from the post images so EA opened just 6 trades on for CHFJPY. It should be more. Same case with stop loss for NZDUSD ... it should be 0.64 lot after 0.32 but EA stopped ...

May be, the timefilter in this 10p3v0.03 EA was coded to be timeframer for every single trade ... in thus case we need to look at the code to improve it.

As to Frank EA so timeframer is applying to martingale cycle. It means that if one trade is open withing trading hors so EA will continue trading irrespective if timefilter. Because timefilter in this Frank EA is timefilter for martingale cycle only and not for every single trade.

That is why we do not have stop loss for Frank.

But I think we need to look at the code of 10p3v0.03 EA just to be sure that we are having some timefilter coded as for Frank.

nancy2006bj:
Hi,newdigital,I still very confused about the relationship between "stoploss" and "timeframer for every single trade "?

The timeframer should be for every single trade or not? and what the 10p3v0.03 EA timeframer currentlly?

Thank you very much

Timefilter for 10p3v0.03 EA should be the same with timefilter with Frank_mod.

Timefilter in Frank_mod is not for every single trade. It is filtering the new martingale cycles only. For example, if EA opened the 0.01 lot order at 3 am so Ea will continue with this cycle irrespective of timefilter.

It is how it is working in Frank_mod and everything is fine with this EA.

Concerning 10p3v0.03 EA. Someone (may be you) sent several PMs to me about 'why EA did not continue with NZDUSD?'

So, I agree with you.

I am not a code and can not check it. But I think that timefilter for 10p3v0.03 EA was coded to filter every single trade and it is wrong. Timefilter with 10p3v0.03 EA should be the same as in Frank_mod EA.

I asked Igorad to check timefilter code for 10p3v0.03 EA because I think this code may be wrong and this code was the reason of 2 stop losses we had for this EA since January this year.

This code should be the same as in Frank_mod EA because Frank_mod EA is trading fine and timefilter in Frank_mod EA is working fine.

where do i find the Frank_mod EA would like to try it on a demo account with Euro and Asian time settings only

First post of the thread.

Or for any EAs: use this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

Apologies New Digital i was obviously being lazy and had not found my way around, i have downloaded and am currently trialling Frank with FXDD broker, and am going to experiment with the times, with the same lot sizes

nancy2006bj:

Thank you very much

Just received reply from Igorad that timefilter in this 10p3v0.03 EA is working only when no any orders is open (to prevent the openning new orders when all the orders were closed already).

So, timefilter should work fine.

I think it was 2 stop losses case because of Metatrader's disconnection or something ...

Anyway I stopped testing those 2 pairs and I am testing just 9 pairs instead of 11 (see first post of the thread).

Reason: