Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 32

need EA based on RSI and time

Hi

I have gone through this website and I am unable to locate an EA that does what I want.

Every night at 00.00GMT based on my calculations I decide whether the GBP/USD trend for that day is up or down.

If for example, today's trend is decided to be up then, I want the ea to buy when RSI (5minutes chart) touches 30.

I manually decide the Stop loss for each day.

Take profit is based on 3 things either RSI reaching 70 (for buy days) and RSI reaching 30 (for sell days) or I will provide a take profit target (again manually calculated for each day) or time reaching 21.00 GMT. Which ever comes first.

If RSI reaches 30 EA automatically buys, then RSI goes up but does not reach 70 and starts to come down to 30, EA should buy again. Then sell both when RSI reaches 70 or reaches my target or time is 21.00 GMT then, close the trades.

All these reversed for sell days.

User variables

Buy only or sell only (to be decided for each day)

Number of lots to be traded at each buy or sell.

Time period for trades to be placed and closed (some days I want to close the trade by 17.00 GMT).

Stop loss target.

Take profit target.

The plan is once I decide on up or down day, the stop loss and profit target. Then, I can input these data into the EA and let it run from 00.00GMT for each day. I have not mentioned entry price as it will depend on RSI. If on the rare occurence of RSI reaching 30 and price being below my stop loss (for buy days) then no trade.

I hope I have clearly explained what I want.

I would be grateful if someone could do this EA for me.

Thanks

Kumar

High Number of Winning Trades

Hello Elite Traders !

I hope we can share our findings from EA's backtest/fowardtest results. Firstly, I would like to say thanks to newdigital for wonderful contribution to this forum and all coders and those who post their systems.

Please post your best result that meets those following:

1. Highest number of winning trades

2. 70% or greater of total trades that are winning trades

3. Lowest maximum consecutive losses

Posting profit/loss (whether in $ or pips) is optional because the goal of this thread is to find an EA with highest number of winning trades then we could optimize it by tweaking its money management.

I'll start with mine:

SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.23 with default setting of this set file: sbs123gbph1.set

1. 70 winning trades in 10 months

2. 72.16% of total trades are winning trades

3. Maximum of 3 consecutive losses

Cheers,

sideburn

fibonacci time

Hi, I am new here, so let me introduce myself: Willem, Dutch guy of 55 years, so a senior all the way. But not in forextrading, that is new for me. As I did some programming work in the last years in VB, it has my attention what you guys and girls(?) are doing here.

I read a lot of threads, my eyes are about square now.

What I a missing - did not search enough? - is fibonacci time relationship, used in trading.

As I have been trading for about ten years, fibonacci is part of it. Not only the fibonacci relations between tops and bottems, but also between the different time waves. They all are related. But what a lot of people do not know: there is also a very important relation between time cycles. And that relation is fibonaccivalued. Not many traders use it, for it is quite unknown. But it is there. Combined with the Delta principle or not, the most important thing in trading is time. So, is there someone who already programmed it into a AE? And if not, why not? If there you are interested, let me know and I can educate (formal teacher too) here.

Regards, Willem

time

Not seen it in ea ...even stochastics which sort of require re doing for cycle time don't have that programmed. Ea's are only a few years old and will likely require 2-3 more years before they mature. The difficulty, I think is that fibs have to cluster to be of value otherwise they are likely to get blown right through to get to the next fib on the higher time frame. The time thing does work but very very challenging to program in automated environment Just my 2 cents worth...

EA request

Hi guys, can someone program an EA for me that Buy when price hit's, the bottom of the channel, and sell, when the price hit's the top of the channel?

--

Thank you,

Emulatore

It was coded already on Metaquotes website here (in russian sorry).

You may download it here. This EA is using price channel. Trading in inside the channel.

The other two EAs:

- traging in inside the channel. Article and download. The channel is intra-day support/resistance calculated according to pivot.

- trading outside the channel. Article and download. The channel is intra-day support/resistance calculated according to pivot.

Those two EAs are good (some people said). I even had few requests to test it in elite section here.

idea for an EA

Hi, i have an idea for an EA, i don't know if it is logical.

I think if we made an EA that buy the currencys in the time their market open, i will gain some profit.

If someone wish to program it, here is the time i found the pais open:

Asian Session (Tokyo): 7 p.m - 4 a.m EST

Pairs: USD/JPY , GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY (more averagin in pips about 90 pips range) -> for risk-tolerant people

Pairs: AUD/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF (for risk-averse people)

U.S SESSION (New York): 8.am. - 5.p.m. EST

Pairs: (risk-tolerant) GBP/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF (about 120 pips range)

Pairs: (risk-averse) USD/JPY, EUR/USD, and USD/CAD

EUROPEAN SESSION (LONDON): 2a.m - 12 p.m EST

Pairs (risk-lovers) GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF (about 140 pips range)

Pairs (risk-tolerant) EUR/USD, USD/CAD, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF (about 100 pips)

Pairs (risk-averse): NZD/USD, AUD/USD, EUR/CHF, and AUD/JPY

I think if we buy the currencys at the time the market open, we can make some profit because the market opens these, is that a good idea what do you guys think

Hi emulatore,

As I understand you clear you are talking about buy or sell on specific time, right? So it is ScheduleTrader_v1 in the end of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

Spread candles - what moves price above spread ?

I'm starting this thread here hoping some of the guru's in elite section will find the idea worth some investigation.....

Here's the point :

- take a snapshot a time t0 you have t0bid and t0ask

- market does it's things and as soon as :

current bid is equal or greater than t0ask

OR

current ask is smaller or equal than t0bid

- set t0ask to current ask and t0bid to current bid

- start again and so on.....

We have then just built spread candles or boxes or a grid...

Also we just have paid our dues to the broker and got break even

Where I would like to get is to find out the following :

- What does it take to get to the next profit/loosing candle ? Is any indicator good to predict this ? or the direction ?

- What happened in the candles or boxes before price decided to go north or south 3, 5 or 10 candles without retracing ?

- Your reflections go here....

I think this is not possible to do with MT4 without programming an expert...

That's why I'm appelling to the MT4 GURU's on this board...

Hiding Indicator/EA settings

Does anyone know how to hide the settings of an indicator or expert

advisor? I'm not just talking about creating .ex4 files. I suppose it's

just a set of codes that needs to be written in a .mq4 file which hides

and makes all the parameters invisible.

I came across a moving average filter called "GBP Filter". It's not

only an .ex4 file but also all the parameters are hidden. You can only

see the moving average when attached to a chart but you cannot see its

settings/value.

I've attached the file to further explain what i'm saying.

Thanks

Files:
gbp_filter.ex4  10 kb
Reason: