Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 37

acikija:
Hi,

I found this ea in fxfisherman forum and would like to use it. Currently the 'Lots' variable is 0.1 by default (but can change it manually). Can someone help me to change the coding so that 'Lots' variable is 10% (can change to what we want) of the current account balance?

Thankyou, tq, tq very much.

Hi acikija,

attached is the ea with money management rules that I've modified. I haven't test it tho. You might want to test it first.

Input in "Maximum Risk" the percent that you want. the default value I've place is 5% = 0.50. If you want 10%, change it to 0.1. Also turn the "MM" to true if you want the EA to control the percentage, if false it will use the fix lot that you specify.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Files:

Hi k3iroll,

I'll try it shortly and will tell u the result.

Anyway, thankyou so much for your help, i'll try this first. I'm so happy with your help

Hi k3iroll,

I've tried and still trying... it doesn't work... it still pickup 0.1 lot instead of 5% of the account balance.

k3iroll:
Hi acikija,

attached is the ea with money management rules that I've modified. I haven't test it tho. You might want to test it first.

Input in "Maximum Risk" the percent that you want. the default value I've place is 5% = 0.50. If you want 10%, change it to 0.1. Also turn the "MM" to true if you want the EA to control the percentage, if false it will use the fix lot that you specify.

Let me know if you have any problem.

I made a small change by adding the variable mmLots. Not sure if it is OK to change the value of the input variable Lots. The EA now assigns the values to mmLots instead. I also modified the close function to use OrderLots() instead of Lots.

It works on my Alpari demo but might not work on otrher platforms because it appears to trade microlots.

Robert

Files:

nancy2006bj:
Newdigital,you mentioned you are doing some live test recently.Did you find any difference between demo test and live test for the same broker. Is it serious and how should we do? Thank you very much

Basicly it is the same. Of course tghere are some EAs which will trade differently on real account. And I remember one commercial seller was selling EA for 5,000 dollars which did not work with real account at all because of some coding mistakes made especially for good backtesting.

There are some differencies but it is related to the EA itself.

if you are asking about Firebird EA so it will be different every 5th date of every month.

To MrPip

Thanks MrPip,

I'll try it later shortly...

Currently I'm trying to modify the one that k3iroll gave. I can do coding a bit but not good in mql.

I'll post the working version if i manage to make it works.. otherwise, i'll use yours.

Thanks again...

Request for Polarized Fractal Efficiency

Hi There,

I don't suppose this indicator has been made for MT4 yet? If not can someone code it? I believe it is similar to the Efficiency indicator igorad made based on Perry Kaufmann however not the same. If you look at the charts they are very different this indicator is also based on the work of Hans Hannula.

I have included some links about the indicator.

General Info about indicator

FXstreet Live Sessions Transcripts: Polarized Fractal Efficiency

The VT trader version that has already been done. The code is here

Polarized Fractal Efficiency - Indicator - Visual Trading Systems User Forums

The brief description

Polarized Fractal Efficiency (PFE) - CMS Forex

Profit protector with Trailing stop

Hello everybody

On this web site I found a description of a code to do the following:

When the total profit of an account goes to specific amount we are going to close all the opened position. But, we want the program too to prevent the profit to drop again. So, we want to set another profit point that the program will prevent any drops below it.

For example: the program will take the profit when it reaches 200 Pips and prevent the profit to drop below 100 when it reaced at least 150.

To be most clear I attached description I found.

I need this functions alone, one EA with just this function, i mean I make manual trading but I need to automatize the take profit and trailing stop for the amount of all open position

I try to put the code in a EA, but I am not a programmer.... and it does not work!

Could some one help me?

Thank you in advance

help with an EA

Hi guys, i'm developing an EA and i'm with a doubt:

I'm developing an EA that open orders based on support and resistance.

I've successfull developed the EA, and it open pending sell and buy order

based on the supports and resistances. But, the problem is that every time

the EA pass on the start() function, it open more buys and sells orders so

i can only run it , let's say on a D1 Chart. I would like to know, if there is a

way to check if the Pending order is equals to the actual support, and if

it equals then, the EA does not need to open an new pending order, and if

not, the EA cancel all the pending orders (for the current currency only) and

them re-open a new pending order based on the new support or resistance.

The way i've temporary solved the problem was. Creating a global variable

called "ticket" and i check if it does not exists yet, and then, if not, i create

the pending order, the problem is that the EA only runs first time i run the plataform

if i want it to work again, i need to close the plataform and open it again.

If you guys can give me a light i would appreciate.

Thanks,

Thomas

Trend Hugger System by tkimble

The following is a post made by tkimble in FF yesterday, some of you might be familiar with his other trading systems. Looks simple enough to be programmed into an EA, was hoping one of the programming gurus could help us out.

This is by far my most profitable system and very simple.

1. Works with all types of time frames (hourly, 4 hour, daily, weekly, monthly).

2. Create a MACD or OsMA chart using the following parameters:

Fast EMA 40

Slow EMA 50

Signal SMA 100

3. The MACD and/or OsMA value will change for every price bar.

4. Use 50 PIP stop on all trades...

Buy Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMa signal is greater than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

Sell Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMA signal is less than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

That is is. This system will allow execution of buys at the very low point of a trend and the exeuction of sells at the very high point of trends...

Your only preference should be the timelines. If you have time to monitor the market daily, use the hourly chart. If not, use the 4 hour or daily chart. The greater the timeline, the fewer the trades.

I have been successfully trading this system using a one hour chart.

Enjoy,

TK

ast edited by tkimble, Yesterday 2:23pm

Reason: