Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 62

Hi,

I need help on coding.I just started to learn from codesguru.I have attached the uncomplete EA,hope someone can help me through.Inside there is comments to indicate my ideas.Thank you

Xtreme EURGBP

has any one had any experience with Xtreme EURGBP from FxGTC.com

They sell it for $400 - the results look way to good to be true.

If i'm not wrong,they got forward testing where you can access the a/c to view.I notice that it take profit about 3-5pips.Its a scalping system.

mtf Silver trend

i want this indicator for mtf can any programmer make this?

superzeeshan:
i want this indicator for mtf can any programmer make this?

I see you already posted on MTF indicators thread. Take a look there, there are some silvertrend MTF already made. Like this one Silver

Trend trader with sleep mode

Hi,

This is my first bit of input here, I like what I have read. Keep it going.

I have an idea that you may like to play with. As we all know, trend following systems get hammered in consolidation areas ( sideways markets).

See what you think of this.

Based on MA's only.

Long term 200 sma.

Short term 20wma and 20 sma.

It requires an indicator that calculates the value of the 20s and 20w ma cross point.

See the .

200 sma is for trade direction, price below short only. Price above long only.

Trade down to cross A and close out at cross. At this point we need to establish some parameters. What value(price level) is the crossover, and we need to calculate the lowest low of the 20 bars before the cross,+ 20 pips.

This is our support line.

We then move to cross 1 and sell to open on the crossover. we repeat the process that we did on cross A to give resistance. We also calculate the value of this cross.

At cross B we buy to close and calculate the value of the cross.

We wait until cross 2 and sell to open again. This is stopped out as stops are placed at the crossover value.

The crosses are now clustering and I haven't come up with a method of defining that they are clustering in a logical format to put into code.

The EA should now be in sleep mode waiting for a breach of the support line.

A pending order could be placed at the support level with some form of chase price level as price often moves quickly on the breakout. I would suggest not to wait for bar completion as the move may be missed. All stops are placed at the crossover levels.

If they are hit, then price is not acting in our interest.

Best to sit in cash and wait. If the spread between the highest high and lowest low are wide enough, another EA could wake when the cluster has been realised and could scalp the downturns via stoch or other signal(below 200).Buy the dips above the 200.

The system is a form of strategic entry delay once the cross values are found to be clustering. Price % based maybe, need help here.

I just trade, and haven't figured out code writing yet so i'm in your hands.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

Timb.

Files:

More notes

The MA's need to seperate to give the trade room to flow, and they should cross as often as possible to help define the clustering and place EA in sleep mode asap. This should help avoid the sideways slaps to the account. If the price is trending then the distance between the long/ short crosses will keep triggering the trades. This should suit any time frame , and most currencies.

I look forward to hearing what you think.

I may be inventing the wheel here, who knows.

Regards,

Timb.

timb:
The MA's need to seperate to give the trade room to flow, and they should cross as often as possible to help define the clustering and place EA in sleep mode asap. This should help avoid the sideways slaps to the account. If the price is trending then the distance between the long/ short crosses will keep triggering the trades. This should suit any time frame , and most currencies.

I look forward to hearing what you think.

I may be inventing the wheel here, who knows.

Regards,

Timb.
timb:
Hi,

This is my first bit of input here, I like what I have read. Keep it going.

I have an idea that you may like to play with. As we all know, trend following systems get hammered in consolidation areas ( sideways markets).

See what you think of this.

Based on MA's only.

Long term 200 sma.

Short term 20wma and 20 sma.

It requires an indicator that calculates the value of the 20s and 20w ma cross point.

See the .

Timb.

Indicator for MA cross (with signals and songs) are on this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235

Reason: