Petit Pip Eater - page 11

Good News ! I found the source !

Hello guys, I found the source of petit pip eater, or the next version of it anyway. It is attached to this post if any of you are interested. I also include backtesting data, 90% quality, from May 2005 to March 2008. Will publish results from 1999 to 2008 soon. TP=10 SL=35, the other variables are the defaults. Tested on EUR/USD, 30min. If any of you could add money management it would be great ! Enjoy !

be aware that this is an previous version of his EA!

But good anyway.

bye, Alex

viseu_open_001

I have been trading with this on a live account since March 14.

It started very well, all profitable trades in the first week.

In the second week it started having a lot of losing trades, which put the account into loss. This week has also not been good... too many losers.

I'm going to let it run a bit longer, the key to success is having a long run of winners.

The logic is:

Check the Moving Average for 8,9,10,11 and 12 periods on the 30 minute TF.

If most of them are going up, call it an uptrend.

If most are going down, we have a downtrend.

Now check the RSI on the 5 minute and 1 minute TF.

If we are in uptrend and oversold (RSI<45) on short timeframes, enter a buy order.

If we are in downtrend and overbought (RSI>55) on short timeframes, enter a sell order.

If there is a loss, wait 90 minutes before looking for another trade opportunity.

It mostly has losers when there is a gradual trend in one direction, and then a sharp spike in the opposite direction. The MAs are too slow to change direction for the sharp reversal. Other losers happen in ranging markets... the MAs show a trend but only just, they are almost horizontal. I am trying to improve the EA to filter those out. I have come up with a solution that gives 100% successful trades on backtesting, but it enters very few positions (60 trades in 3 years!)

I think viseu_open_001 is the base for another EA by the same person.. DP-002. This has performed better on live accounts but is not as good as Shark.

Statement: 1868175 - Viseu (DP-002 Ver.9)

Here is the EA with MM.

Files:

Compare the MA periods of viseu and dp-002:

At viseu the MA periods are too close to each other (8-12), dp-002 has a wider range of periods (8-37). Exact values can be found at petit_pips(1) at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178465/page3

viseu opens trades 24/5, dp-002 only monday to thursday 20.00-20.55 gmt.

bbop

A little difference

Thanks BigBoppa

Here are backtesting results

Viseu_open_001

From 3/1/05 to 31/3/08

-------------------------------------------------

MA 8,17,20,29,37

3994 trades PF 1.93

91.84% winning trades 12 win: 1 loss ratio

--------------------------------------------------

MA 8,9,10,11,12

2589 trades PF 1.80

91.27% wins 12 win: 1 loss

Hello again, I tested the viseu open 001 expert advisor with money management from 1999 to 2008 (90% modeling quality), SL=35 TP=10, RISK=0.02 (2%). The results were

Absolute draw down : 8.31%

Relative draw down : 24.96%

Profit Factor : 1.40

Profit Trades : 83.67%

Starting Capital : 10,000

Final Capital : 10,338,081

This expert seems to be amazing, I have started forward testing to really asses it's profitability. I also attach the tester graph to this post. Forgive me for not including the full testing report but it is too big !

Looks like a pile of shit to me you fucking twats

qazwsx:
Looks like a pile of shit to me you fucking twats

Are you fireman too ? because we already had a fireman in this forum...

Anyone still messing with this?

I've backtested the lastest version posted on this thread about 10 times with various settings, all on eur/usd. It does very well until 2008, which seems to be more up and down, but the losses can be mitigated with some good money management settings.

My problem here is that I have been running it for most of today, and haven't seen it trade one time...I thought I didn't need any indicators running on this...anyone know for sure if I need to have them? Anyone know what conditions must happen for it to pick up a trade? It seemed like it was trading at least 2-3 times per day in the back test, many times up to 10 times.

Any info would be appreciated.

Reason: