Martingale EA - page 66

I agree. I think you will have an ea a mile long.

This definitely will be a price action ea if you can get it to work without going whacko in the live environment. I gave up on martingales awhile back because of stability. Predator/terminator worked but always blew out because you always get the trade to take you deep into the levels and you run into recovery issues. Lot size incrementing was also very hard . From a programmers perspective..or at least mine, the "gettin" is a cinch to program (profitability is difficult) but the money management piece is painful.

To keep the profitablity stable. -- you really want to only add in the positive direction or at least have a choice or a potential methodology. To a certain extent, when your in these small tf ..your basically hung out like twig in the breeze, so the mm has to be superior.

ajk:
I agree. I think you will have an ea a mile long.

This definitely will be a price action ea if you can get it to work without going whacko in the live environment. I gave up on martingales awhile back because of stability. Predator/terminator worked but always blew out because you always get the trade to take you deep into the levels and you run into recovery issues. Lot size incrementing was also very hard . From a programmers perspective..or at least mine, the "gettin" is a cinch to program (profitability is difficult) but the money management piece is painful.

To keep the profitablity stable. -- you really want to only add in the positive direction or at least have a choice or a potential methodology. To a certain extent, when your in these small tf ..your basically hung out like twig in the breeze, so the mm has to be superior.

It's already a mile long! I agree with your MM assessments. The recovery issue is painful to watch.

kayvan:

say we have 0.1 buy @ 1.9500 then another buy 1.9510 , and another 1.9520 and also 1.9530 ,,, 1.9540 ..and 1.9550 ok? 6 actived buy (0.6 lot size)order and no sell till now ok?

now we are going to have a sell candle (suddenly trend revers ). in this case the ea must be able to enter 0.7 sell order .

I haven't forgotten about this little idea of yours kayvan. Do we all want this option available in the version I am currently working on? Or do you guys just want me to finish what we have so far and post it?

Give me some opinions.

It could be very valuable in this version...

wolfe:
I haven't forgotten about this little idea of yours kayvan. Do we all want this option available in the version I am currently working on? Or do you guys just want me to finish what we have so far and post it? Give me some opinions.

new version

hello ES, Wolf & Kayvan,

thanks for yours ideas

i have work a lot on Martingale EA (10pt3 and variantes), on Trend EA, and recently on Probabilistic Neural Network ... i've got some good results on PNN, on TimeFrame H4 and D1.

I find this interesting thread and find interesting the ideas coded in the different TFX version. I have made a new version, the difference is, when there is a buy (sell) signal, the EA close a sell (buy) order instead of open a buy (sell) order.

it limits the opens orders and the margin ... the conditions for the exit are the same.

Parameters are optimized for for eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf ... on mini-account

try it and tell me

i will implement the recents kayvan ideas soon, simple ideas but powerful one

bye

Files:
tfx_stef.mq4  35 kb

stef:
hello ES, Wolf & Kayvan,

thanks for yours ideas

i have work a lot on Martingale EA (10pt3 and variantes), on Trend EA, and recently on Probabilistic Neural Network ... i've got some good results on PNN, on TimeFrame H4 and D1.

I find this interesting thread and find interesting the ideas coded in the different TFX version. I have made a new version, the difference is, when there is a buy (sell) signal, the EA close a sell (buy) order instead of open a buy (sell) order.

it limits the opens orders and the margin ... the conditions for the exit are the same.

Parameters are optimized for for eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf ... on mini-account

try it and tell me

i will implement the recents kayvan ideas soon, simple ideas but powerful one

bye

Hello stef,

Welcome to the thread. Glad to have you. I'll look at the version you made when I get the chance. Since I was the original coder of the EA I will have to study the code and see what you have done.

Any new ideas are welcome. The latest version I've been working on will be posted this weekend, and I invite you to test it.

kayvan:
in this method we need both buy and sell .

say we have 0.1 buy @ 1.9500 then another buy 1.9510 , and another 1.9520 and also 1.9530 ,,, 1.9540 ..and 1.9550 ok? 6 actived buy (0.6 lot size)order and no sell till now ok?

now we are going to have a sell candle (suddenly trend revers ). in this case the ea must be able to enter 0.7 sell order .

after all these changes , can it act like explained above?

Kayvan,

I have completed this option in the latest version. I will post v1_6 this weekend. You will have it to play with in the next trading week. Thanks for all your great ideas.

A sneak peek for you-

Files:

I am up 7% on the original kayvan EA. The DD is very low...It just keeps ticking away...The new EA will be really interesting to find settings that will improve the original kayvan results...but i have a few ideas...

My point is the original kayvan EA is outperforming my expectations and 1.6 will need to really work hard to keep up with the original...

ES

ElectricSavant:
I am up 7% on the original kayvan EA. The DD is very low...It just keeps ticking away...The new EA will be really interesting to find settings that will improve the original kayvan results...but i have a few ideas...

My point is the original kayvan EA is outperforming my expectations and 1.6 will need to really work hard to keep up with the original...

ES

Let's hope it does...

well, it looks like an edge so far. If it test out, it wont be hard to go live for mini tests. The real question is can a certain type of market move beat it?

and how much will it take when it happens... weird chops ..that never happen in forex trading ya know.

Reason: