here is my new ea named "xor3".
I love 10pt ea and i have used it, but at the end, this ea kill you.
You win 1000 times, but one time, you lose ... a lot.
I have modified 10pt3, but at the end, it was not good ...unless you have millions of $$$ to accept large movements.
so i create wor3. The differences with 10pt3:
- xor3 open one trade at a time
- when a loss trade occurs, the trade is closed, and an other trade is open, with position x2 like 10pt3, but the trade not depend of the 1st trade, (the 2nd trade can be a sell order after a losing buy order) ... so the new trade not depend on a old signal
- when a win trade occurs, the next lot size is reinitialized at the beginning
- instead of 10pt3 wich close the position with a little win, xor3 let the winning position opened and the trend make his work to eat pips
i have test it on EURUSD H4 and it seems ok
i wait for yours ideas and yours tests
i will post the mq4 version in some days ... i have to clean the code before
PS : sorry for the bad english,
24/1/2007 : i publish xor5.mq4 in p4
I have opened this EX file in Word Pad as the default application, then saved it into the Platform Experts file (SFBX).
Opened the terminal and a H4 EURUSD chart but the EA will not attach. It has the grey hat that is commom to EX files but will not open.
Will be intersted to test this EA if I can get help to open it.
why open it in notepad ?
take the ex4 and save it directly in the expert directory
Saving the file
Yes now that I have right clicked on the file the option to save directly appears and when that is done it saves as a different filename which opens on the chart.
If I just click on the file it automatically opens as word pad as default and gives me no option to save.
I am replying in detail so that others may learn from my first attempt.
I have opened the file with the default settings and will post a detailed statement later.
Sorry, I don't get what you did to get it to work? I have another EA that is grayed out also.
Could you please summarize the rules in more detail?
From the test, the SL seems about 40 pips.
How do you close the profited position? I saw one position was with about 50 pips profit, and it was not closed, but it is now negative.
If first position is lost, the second position may be to buy or sell. How do you decide to buy or sell?
- yes, SL is 40 pips
- i have also trailing stop of 20% of the gain :
ex: if the position have 70 pips gain, i have a trailing stop of 14 pips
- i never close a position if the gain is not > 50pips; so with the rule of trailing stop, i have to reach a gain of 62 pips to "assure" a gain of 50 pips
- if the position have 150 pips, i close the winning position
- the rule of buy or sell depend only of the position of stochastic 4H and his signal (sto>signal => buy) !!!
this rule is certainly not a good rule, i have to put a best one
but i think that the most important is the rule of the money management (x2 the position if the last was a loss; with a limited maxtrades <= 6, to not have a too big orderlot())
i will try to improve the ea with better rule of entry
what the results of your backtest ?
After a couple of days I have had no closed positions and no positions that escalated. So instead of a detailed statement I have attached a GIF.
I have used the default settings and so far looks like watching the grass grow.
it's ok John, it's not a scalp ea, the position is for 3-4 days sometimes
you have to wait 50 pips to see closing position
Thanks for your answer in detail. I have not done backtest on the system, but forwardtest. Here is a statement for the last two days on IBFX Min account.
closed the first trade.
Well things have started GBPUSD has closed it's first trade showing a profit of 51 pips.
I am using a very conservative .01 unit setting and am watching how this EA performs in relation to margin use and if it performs as I hope 51 pips profit using higher start up will very useful in a day especially if it can be used on a small account.
Early days but a promising start.