Martingale EA - page 73

wolfe:
Beno,

Thanks for running some back tests. I would be interested to see what happens if you were to run the exact same back test, only make your initial deposit more than $100.00. Make it like $5000.00, or even $10000.00.

Back tests are pretty un-reliable. But some combinations show promise. Check this one out. There is always some kind of a drop off in profit at the end, because the EA is usually in the middle of a cycle trying to make your profit, and then the tester closes all when you hit your ending date.

Gidday Wolfe

yep i have to agree that the back tests are next to useless but they are ok for setups i run all my test from 01/01/1999 to the current date. I am running the same test as i did before but with the figures above.

Cheers

Beno

I suppose visual backtesting with a random entry technique may be helpful to make comparisons with...

but in general I agree...

ES

Beno:
Gidday Wolfe

yep i have to agree that the back tests are next to useless but they are ok for setups i run all my test from 01/01/1999 to the current date. I am running the same test as i did before but with the figures above.

Cheers

Beno

ElectricSavant:
I took a slice of the setfile I am using, below in quotes, to go over this...

Trade#1: 0.1 lots

Trade#2: 0.2 lots

Trade#3: 0.4 lots

Trade#5: 0.8 lots

Trade#6: 1.6 lots

Trade#7: 3.2 lots

Trade#8: 6.4 lots

Trade#9: 12.8 lots

Trade#10: 25.6 lots

Now here is my question...Should maxtrades be set to 10...and will closeallmax exit and get flat on all the trades on the attempt to make the 11th trade?

Here is how Close_All_Max works:

if (Close_All_Max==true)

{

if (OTBM(Magic_Number)==Max_Trades)

{

CBM(Magic_Number);

Basically this code says this:

if Close_All_Max is true and your open orders total equals your Max_Trades total, a close all will be performed.

Congratulations ES, you have helped me find the first bug! The bug is this- if you have Use_Trailing_Stop set to true, the Close_All_Max will not work. This is easy to fix. Thanks ES.

WOW!

v1_6 has been posted less than 24hrs, and it has already been downloaded 65 times! Kinda scary. I hope it functions when the market opens. Kinda nervous.

Please advise when we are to go to the opening post and re-download...wolfe we have 11 more bugs to go!!!!

This EA is going to be perfect!

wolfe...wait until the other forums catch wind of this!....you aint seen nothin' yet...

and with all the open architecture...dealers cannot filter all the combinations!

ES

wolfe:
if (Close_All_Max==true)

{

{

CBM(Magic_Number);

if Close_All_Max is true and your open orders total equals your Max_Trades total, a close all will be performed.

Congratulations ES, you have helped me find the first bug! The bug is this- if you have Use_Trailing_Stop set to true, the Close_All_Max will not work. This is easy to fix. Thanks ES.

wolfe:
Sorry kayvan, you are right.

Have you run the back tester before? If not, that's another thing for you to learn.

Back tests are not very reliable anyway.

any way , i am sorry wolfe, if i told ,any nonsense statements . ES is right . that`s because of my bad English language .

now i don`t have any problem with testers. thus as you told , really they are not relay able .

ok let me test it more

kayvan:
any way , i am sorry wolfe, if i told ,any nonsense statements . ES is right . that`s because of my bad English language .

now i don`t have any problem with testers. thus as you told , really they are not relay able .

ok let me test it more

No worries kayvan,

If I tried to communicate with you in your native language, I'm sure I would offend you 10 ways to Sunday! (with out meaning to do so)

Let us hope for a good week of testing, and bug fixing.

if anybody can find bugs its KAYVAN! heheh just joking

ES

wolfe:
No worries kayvan,

If I tried to communicate with you in your native language, I'm sure I would offend you 10 ways to Sunday! (with out meaning to do so)

Let us hope for a good week of testing, and bug fixing.

So in my example I need to change the maxtrades to 11 correct? because I want the 10th trade to execute and wait for the next breach to close....

ES

wolfe:
if (Close_All_Max==true)

{

{

CBM(Magic_Number);

" Want to follow your track "

Hi Mr. Wolfe, Mr. ElectricSavant,

I was read this thread from begin and the last page, It was GOOD Concept, GREAT Code and Nice People. AMAZING and will be SPEKTAKULER !!!!

Thank you so MUCH for you ALL for this GREAT Thread !!! Specially thank's for Mr. Wolfe ( for nice and GREAT Code ), Mr. ElectricSavant ( for nice, GREAT Tester and Adviser ,) also Mr. Kayvan ( for nice suggest ).

YOU GUY's ARE the DREAM TEAM !!! SALUTE from me for ALL of you.

May I follow with your track by DEMO, before the next LIVE Sir' ????

And forgive me for my question's :

1. Did I have to change setting this EA if I want running it. ( OR just by default setting ) ???

2. How much equity ( minimum ) OR Ideal ( minimum ) Equity for this EA Running Well ???

3. Did the EA can running with multipairs ( about a magic number ) ???

4. Just to make Sure, with the last version this EA ( Ver 1.6 ), how much the way to using with this EA method. ( version standart, Kayvan, piramid or any others ).

5. If I'm stopping this EA when there's several position running ( OPEN ), It can be give effect with the logic / calculation this EA OR NOT when the EA want to running again.

I'm REALLY INSTERESTED for this CONCEPT, and want to joint with this thread if you guy's don't mind.

Thank you so MUCH for your ANSWER and KINDNESS.

NB : Please forgive me for my english.

Best regards,

Paulinge

Reason: