Martingale EA - page 70

ElectricSavant:
How does this affect Balance Weight? ES

A few things that should be noted:

Only set ONE of these to true-

Long_Short_Balance

Double_Lotsize

Choose_Own_Progression

If all 3 are set to false, then EA will just use Start_Lot_Size & Lot_Size_Increment.

If Long_Short_Balance is true, you CAN NOT choose your own progression.

Long_Short_Balance uses the Start_Lot_Size & the Lot_Size_Increment. When a trend direction change is detected and another trade signal occurs, the EA will "equalize" the long and short lot sizes (now you are fully hedged), plus it will add Balance_Weight to the side of you're new trend.

Ex. If you have .5 lots short, and .2 lots long, and the trend changes from short to long, then the next long trade lot size will be .3 (to equal both sides) plus whatever you enter as your Balance_Weight parameter. So if Balance_Weight is set to .1, then the next long lot size will be .4.

Hope this helps.

ElectricSavant:
also another question..

How does doubling affect balance weight?

Could you recite a sample progression for us dummies

ES

Hopefully I answered this in the post above. If not, let me know.

ElectricSavant:
Use_Trailing_Stop: true

Trail_Start:10

SL_Percent:50

Just to confirm:

This above means that when the float gets to plus 10 bucks the exit will execute at 5 bucks? or more according to how the TS bumps up and locks in?

SatSangSavant

Correct!

Let's now say your highest achieved balance reaches $25.00. In this example, with SL_Percent set at 50%, you will now trigger a close all if your total balance reaches $12.50 or less.

I had begun experimenting with a variable SL_Percent, meaning after certain highest profit levels are reached, the SL_Percent would automatically decrease.

Ex. If you reach $50.00 total profit, the EA would automatically decrease the SL_Percent to 40%. You now would save a higher percentage of your highest achieved total profit. This was just a future idea, and is not coded into v1_6.

ElectricSavant:
P.S. This EA can be literally worth millions of dollars...please excuse my exuberance...but I am a veteran trader and I deserve some levity here ok? got it ?

Let's hope so ES, but it hasn't been tested much yet!

Beno:
It's amazing, absolutely bloody amazing This is a legendary EA in my humble opinion

Thanks Beno for the kind words. This EA has been a collective effort with many people contributing their ideas.

Please keep us posted on any testing results.

What criteria is used to determine trend direction?

ES

If Long_Short_Balance is true, you CAN NOT choose your own progression.

Long_Short_Balance uses the Start_Lot_Size & the Lot_Size_Increment. When a trend direction change is detected and another trade signal occurs, the EA will "equalize" the long and short lot sizes (now you are fully hedged), plus it will add Balance_Weight to the side of you're new trend.

Here is a quick back best the data is standard and there are a lot of errors with in the data.

Have a look at the end.

I have tried multiple setups but the same result occurs.

Cheers

Beno

Files:

Thanks wolfe for such a wonderful work put together in this version, overall the quality, ideas and inputs are never seen before. So, we all will do a full forward test with this and report the bugs. However, I know it is impossible to expect without any faults on it, the shell of the EA is the very important part. Hope this will be a nice EA after all corrections. SuperPower vehicle on the forex road with many controls and gadgets to play.

wolfe:
If kayvan method is set to true, MA must be set to false for the EA to operate. No moving average is used in the kayvan method, only price action.

most of it`s options dose`t work.

may be something wrong with my stings ?

wolfe ,please help

kayvan,

Being that the market is closed...could you be a bit more specific...what is it you are having trouble with...?

Could you post your setfile? and perhaps I could try and help.

ES

kayvan:
most of it`s options dose`t work.

may be something wrong with my stings ?

wolfe ,please help
Reason: