Fibonacci_Ema

I was reading something and found the trading system for H1 and M30 timeframes.

System is simple:

- signal for enter - EMA8 is crossing EMA55.

Confirmation on Parabolic with default settings on the current timeframe (H1 or M30) and on M15 as well.

- exit on crossing EMA8 and EMA21.

Why Fibonacci?

Some people say that 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 are Fibonacci numbers.

This system looks good to trade manually.

------------------------------

Updated:

EmaFibo EAs. The settings was optimized and posted as pre-set files together with backtesting results here. Besides please read whole Fibonacci_Ema thread for more backtesting results and versions of this EA.

- Idea development thread is here.

- some other versions of EA (including recent updated1.1 and 2.1 versions) - read here.

Using Expert Advisor Builder I created EA for this system.

Please find EA (attached) and some statement (backtesting) for gbpusd M30.

Files:

ST results incorrect

Hi:

Thanks for sharing your results. Do you have a link to more info on this strategy?

Also, the results of your backtests need to be re-examined. Your exits as represented in the Strategy Tester report are simply the result of the TP and SL settings which come default with the Expert Advisor Builder you used to created the EA (e.g. TP=60, SL/TSL=30). Even though you may have run ST with the defaults of "false" for StopLossMode, TrailingStopLossMode and TakeProfitMode, it doesn't appear that ST recognizes this. I'd suggest just setting the values to 0 for all of these settings. That way the exits will be made according to the 8-21 ema crossover as stipulated in the strategy. Run tests based on that and let use know how it goes.

Regards,

Bill

newdigital:
Using Expert Advisor Builder I created EA for this system. Please find EA (attached) and some statement (backtesting) for gbpusd M30.

billworld2:
Hi:

Thanks for sharing your results. Do you have a link to more info on this strategy?

Also, the results of your backtests need to be re-examined. Your exits as represented in the Strategy Tester report are simply the result of the TP and SL settings which come default with the Expert Advisor Builder you used to created the EA (e.g. TP=60, SL/TSL=30). Even though you may have run ST with the defaults of "false" for StopLossMode, TrailingStopLossMode and TakeProfitMode, it doesn't appear that ST recognizes this. I'd suggest just setting the values to 0 for all of these settings. That way the exits will be made according to the 8-21 ema crossover as stipulated in the strategy. Run tests based on that and let use know how it goes.

Regards,

Bill

I backtested with default settings. ST results are correct.

I looked on the code and it was coded like this:

StopLossMode[/CODE]

and

[CODE]TakeProfitMode

are written in the beginning of the code only and seems it does not matter 'true' or 'false' because it is not affecting on anything.

If I do the settings to 0 this EA will not exit on 8EMA/21EMA crossing. Because of the code. Seems you are right: EA is taking into account the exit on 8EMA/21EMA and in the same time the profit and S/L. Strange exit combination. I just changed profit, S/L and T/S to 10,000 to see the difference.

I did my best. Anyway I will do forward test with default settings and if it is profitable it will be ok.

I made 3 EAs already using this tool and I am testing one (forward test). And that one is profitable till now. Let's see for the other 2.

But you are right.

To use this tool it is necessary to keep exit on S/L (T/S) only to avoid any strange combination.

Fix on the way

Good news. I sent the developer of the EA Builder--with whom I'm in correspondence on other matters--your EA and pointed out the problem with StopLossMode/TakeProfitMode TRUE/FALSE settings not being honored and he has confirmed the problem and is working on a fix.

So, be sure to check out the new EA Builder soon.

Regards,

Bill

newdigital:
I backtested with default settings. ST results are correct.

I looked on the code and it was coded like this:

StopLossMode[/CODE]

and

[CODE]TakeProfitMode

are written in the beginning of the code only and seems it does not matter 'true' or 'false' because it is not affecting on anything.

If I do the settings to 0 this EA will not exit on 8EMA/21EMA crossing. Because of the code. Seems you are right: EA is taking into account the exit on 8EMA/21EMA and in the same time the profit and S/L. Strange exit combination. I just changed profit, S/L and T/S to 10,000 to see the difference.

I did my best. Anyway I will do forward test with default settings and if it is profitable it will be ok.

I made 3 EAs already using this tool and I am testing one (forward test). And that one is profitable till now. Let's see for the other 2.

But you are right.

To use this tool it is necessary to keep exit on S/L (T/S) only to avoid any strange combination.

billworld2:
Good news. I sent the developer of the EA Builder--with whom I'm in correspondence on other matters--your EA and pointed out the problem with StopLossMode/TakeProfitMode TRUE/FALSE settings not being honored and he has confirmed the problem and is working on a fix.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks a lot.

I really like this tool because it may automate some routine work on EA creation.

billworld2:

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

I visited this page with the tool (Experts Advisor Builder) once again and seems the author updated everything.

But I will not change anything in this EA. Let's see how it will be tested and then we may improve it.

anazri:
Hi guys..

I just got this strategy from one website. It shows quite good strategy but need your technical advise or additional suggestions.

Using EMA 8, EMA 13, EMA 21

Timeframe : H1

Open position when these EMA cross each other

Stoploss : for BUY position - the lowest price from the previous bar

for SELL position - the highest price from the previous bar.

Close Postion when it cross again.

see image.

thanks

This system is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173295

It was not my idea originally for this Fibo EMA System but I tried to developed some EAs 8 months ago.

It is very good that you remind it. I will try to improve those EAs.

EMA Fibo - EA

thanks ND

it seems the strategy also can be used in other smaller TF such as M15 or M30.

From what i can see it can produces more pips and minimal losses.

The rules i hv changed regard to SL:

There should be NO STOPLOSS, because the System could CLOSE trade automatically when the opposite cross occurs.

ND, you can add other paramters inside the EA (if you re developing it) such as LotSize, SL, TP, TS (optional for users to have their own presets). Like other EAs parameters.

EMAFibo

Hi guys..

I just got this strategy from one website. It shows quite good strategy but need your technical advise or additional suggestions.

Using EMA 8, EMA 13, EMA 21

Timeframe : H1

Open position when these EMA cross each other

No StopLoss (Trade will close once the opposite cross occurs - either in loss or profit)

The reverse order will open if the same condition applied

see image.

thanks

Files:
emafibo.jpg  139 kb

smaller TF

see image in smaller TF. M15

Files:
emafibo_1.jpg  134 kb
Reason: