ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 28

I did not write the indicator Ralph did so you might ask him.

ROI would be the NAV...

These were good questions...

Just remember the Highest banked balance and then compare it to the Equity (this floats in the gray bar at the bottom of the terminal) The Equity must alway remain 83% or higher of the highest banked balance.

ES

FseXy:
Hi, ES. I've been a way for a while working on my own automated traders and developing different strategies. What was not made clear to me when I explicitly asked was if the ES Ratio Indicator has all rules for it to calculate your ratio. Do you calculate floating and banked trades or only banked trades and DD from highest banked i.e. closed trades!? Please tell. I am a long way from completing some of these designs yet so it is all on paper and tests so to speak for now and foreseeable future.

A lot has happened while I was away, not really?

I will have to read your site to catch up.

I always thought SD was a

Anyways' keep well and trade well! I look forward to more updates and developments in the future, how long will you continue the contest or challenge before you can say you actually prove anything, I mean it is an open ended deal, you realise. Many you won't attract ever.

on forward test I had only a day with loss and that was -0.83% on 13th of March.

Is very hard to make a EA that can run on all conditions over the years (and make profit too ).

En...

Let me know how your forward test runs on IBFX...I need to know that DD...but yes I am interested if you think you can beat it..

I am more interested in DD than yield...

Good Trading to you

ES

Enforcer:
on forward test I had only a day with loss and that was -0.83% on 13th of March. Is very hard to make a EA that can run on all conditions over the years (and make profit too ).

ElectricSavant:
En...

Let me know how your forward test runs on IBFX...I need to know that DD...but yes I am interested if you think you can beat it..

I am more interested in DD than yield...

Good Trading to you

ES

Well, for now I have to improve/complete the logic, I need to fix some issues before going on so high leverage.

And it need to have it run first on Alpari 1:100 as my account is there

Hey it's MY gutter....

fxguy07:
.. more like looking for gems in a gutter

These are the real deals

Barclay CTA Index | Barclay Trading Group, Ltd.

Barclay Hedge Fund Index | Barclay Trading Group, Ltd.

How long will i continue?

well...

do you want to know the truth?

As long as Wifey lets me...:)

eS

neck deep in gutter

ElectricSavant:
Hey it's MY gutter....

so true - neck deep in gutter - and still in denial.

ES Ratio indicator is broken

As someone kindly noted a while ago, though unfortunately without giving details, the ES Ratio indicator doesn't work well, especially if you trade on multiple symbols. I have now seen how badly it's broken, and I've tried to patch it up, but I don't have any new code drop.

I think it works reasonably well for trading a single symbol, although I've seen strange things there as well. So you are better off with a balance tracker, an equity tracker and a bit of manual work.

Even so, my advice today is: don't use it, and if you do (for a single symbol), treat it as an approximation only.

When I get around to correcting the indicator I'll post it again.

OK ralph, ES great stuff. Lets hope Wifey gets used to it. The great money drain....and hope you crack your own ratio or break even.

LOL, now I've heard it all. An "ES Ratio..."

ralph.ronnquist:
...the ES Ratio indicator doesn't work well, especially if you trade on multiple symbols.
Reason: