ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 30

ES, just curious as to whether you ever explored any of the automated strategies available on Collective2?

Collective2 - The Trading System Authority

Yeah I have a managed account with one of them...

ES

omelette:
ES, just curious as to whether you ever explored any of the automated strategies available on Collective2? Collective2 - The Trading System Authority

ElectricSavant:
Yeah I have a managed account with one of them... ES

Is info on this already available (on your site perhaps) - or is it a secret?

No its here:

Look under the MA Commish Rates tab.

http://www.electricsavant.com/BrightIdeas.xls

omelette:
Is info on this already available (on your site perhaps) - or is it a secret?

ElectricSavant:
No its here:

Look under the MA Commish Rates tab.

http://www.electricsavant.com/BrightIdeas.xls

Interesting, thank you.

omelette:
The financial markets are full of contradictions. On the one hand you are correct that the 'best' fund managers can seemingly only deliver "modest" returns consistently. On the other, I recall none other than Warren Buffett claim that he could easily produce returns of 50% per month 'ordinarily' - unfortunately his situation is far from ordinary (huge sums to invest), therefore he was restricted in what he could do, also implying that it took a lot of the fun out of trading (poor Warren...).

So I believe that for exceptional individuals, this type of return is indeed 'reasonable' - hell, they would probably label it "mundane"

As an aside, here is a guy that has set himself the goal of turning $5,000 into $250,000 by years end. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, and he certainly has started well - doubling his initial investment in less than 1 month...

Forums - Taking $5K to $250K by year end

Warren Buffett took some serious drawdown on his Euro gamble. He invested billions into the Euro, and it fell like a rock. He was in the red for hundreds of millions of dollars, and was on the wrong side of the carry. His drawdown was much much larger than 17%. But after many years, he is a genius because look at the Euro now, and he is reaping all the benefits. Even Warren Buffett cannot time the market and avoid spikes down in drawdown.

And Neke is making the bulk of his money with options. Which is very very risky, and he is way over 17% dd from highest banked balance on many times.

So those 2 cases that would have significant yield, yet fail the unreasonable expectation of 17% dd from highest banked balance. So I guess that's my whole point. If you want yield, you better get ready for risk.

I never said I wanted yield... I want max 17% DD with a 2:1 benefit to risk...

again...this is not unreasonable..(it is impossible thus far)

ES

P.S. Do not preach to me about risk...look at my portfolio for gawds sakes...

jbfx:
Warren Buffett took some serious drawdown on his Euro gamble. He invested billions into the Euro, and it fell like a rock. He was in the red for hundreds of millions of dollars, and was on the wrong side of the carry. His drawdown was much much larger than 17%. But after many years, he is a genius because look at the Euro now, and he is reaping all the benefits. Even Warren Buffett cannot time the market and avoid spikes down in drawdown.

And Neke is making the bulk of his money with options. Which is very very risky, and he is way over 17% dd from highest banked balance on many times.

So those 2 cases that would have significant yield, yet fail the unreasonable expectation of 17% dd from highest banked balance. So I guess that's my whole point. If you want yield, you better get ready for risk.

jbfx:

Yes, but I also remember him saying at the time, as the greenback was roaring back (seems like a lifetime ago..) that he wasn't worried - as long as US monetary policy remained the same, the dollar could do nothing but decline. Prophetic! And Bill Gates was also short the dollar then.

But you're right about picking entries - even the best cannot avoid drawdown...

ElectricSavant:
Sonds interesting azam...

Is this the same EA as we discussed earlier? Here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178309/page10

ES

Hi,

nope...different ea using different strategies.....This latest EA is more interesting because Low DD dan Longterm to make more profit

Would you want to start after NFP?

ES

azam575:
Hi, nope...different ea using different strategies.....This latest EA is more interesting because Low DD dan Longterm to make more profit
Reason: