ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 23

I am told by some talented coders that EVERYTHING you are doing in your manual system can be automated...I suppose if that is true..then it may be an efficient stance to use the computer for the tool it is...but the jury is still out on this as I can not seem to find an ATM machine in the living room...hehe

Beside all automation needs to be monitored...but If I am on the phone in my home office I do not miss the trigger...but I can still monitor....MT4 seems to be a widly used platform for automation with an abundance of freelance coders...I came up with the ElectricSavant Challenge™ to give these Freelance, hobbists, and professional coders a way to get ta third party unbiased live test publicized ....

ES

riffster:
Yeah, I was just kidding, lol... I've been fairly fortunate in having some trading systems that work. (all manual) However, like everyone else, it would be nice to simply turn the pc on each week and make money... For now, I will continue to grind out my earnings manually...

Fast cars

Trading is really like driving a car on an unknown road where you are not the master of the gas pedal nor the brakes...

All you can do is turn left or right... and turn the car on and off

No sign posts...rabbits crossing... no traffic lights...

Are cars allready driving on theyr own ? nearly but no

I love driving fast cars and forex is just like a lotus on small mountain roads ...

Introducing EuroX2 V5b

Late Edit:I had to repost this link and you will need to resubscribe I accidentally deleted the earlier thread.

Bright Idea's :: View topic - Eurox2 v5b

For those of you that subscribed to the new Challenger thread I accidentally deleted it in the Bright Ideas Forum and had to re-post it...damn...

But you will need to re-subscribe....scuse me'

Bright Idea's :: View topic - Eurox2 v5b

svifx:
Trading is really like driving a car on an unknown road where you are not the master of the gas pedal nor the brakes...

All you can do is turn left or right... and turn the car on and off

No sign posts...rabbits crossing... no traffic lights...

Are cars allready driving on theyr own ? nearly but no

I love driving fast cars and forex is just like a lotus on small mountain roads ...

I own a minivan... lol...

So if I drove a Hummer H2 what would that make me?

ES

riffster:
I own a minivan... lol...

ElectricSavant:
So if I drove a Hummer H2 what would that make me? ES

A gas hog! hahaha...

Forward Test Demo Account

See statement. Still needs improvements to be made to this EA, IMO.

The SL and TP are not visible to the broker so do not show on statement either.

1st/2nd March - decided to edit this post due to interest of forward test results.

It was not my intention to promote or sell anything and that won't be done in this thread. FYI: the EA is not all that and (previous versions) blows accounts out and if you look it has high DD that is part of the trade style but still needs improving - I did not make this EA and do not own it. My ones are not ready and still being both developed, designed and tested - stages. I could have made this clear when I made this post. To avoid any more unintended promotion account statements have been removed.

I tested it live and it blows account! Not just demo.

I had second thought of removing statement - I added newer one for you!

Hey all! I updated my last post by editing it so not to confuse or unintentionally mislead.

I just wanted to say that all these back tests and BT references to this EA or that EA could do well in the ES challenge. PLEASE STOP!

I have EA's tested using backtest and actual trades are different and there are reasons for this - you know from the threads on post on this already?

I have an EA of my own right now that I had coded for me I am testing and it does not perform as backtest shows - it performs better or at least with actual trades that lost in backtest it would win in live forward trade. There are reasons why - I don't know all of them but from reading on these forums others share their experience on all this. IMO BT is useless as well, only a very rough overview and no indication of performance of profit or functionality of EA at all.

BT shows nothing accurate really, the EA you test may trade better or worse on all or any trades than actual forward test trades, then after demo trades live account trades there is no substitute for.

I have tried independent backtesting software that is no way in part to do with mq. Still no use, suffer from bugs or curve fitting then.

Reason: