ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 27

What do I need to do?

suggestions?

ES

I don't know that I have any viable suggestions, but have you considered examining commercially available products that have demos and test results available? This is not to say that most of them are good but some are worthy of a review. My second suggestion is one that you have already dismissed, which would be to learn a little more about coding yourself so that you would have better control. (There is no limit to the ideas you have; it would help to be able to translate them into action.)

saintmo

Doc,

I appreciate your thoughts.

I think that you're absolutly correct in what you say.

The readers here and the new traders here should read this thread, especially your post and start to understand what to expect.

I am proving what Doc states everyday...I am putting my money where my mouth is.

WHEN YOU READ ABOUT TRIPLE DIGIT YIELDS WITH LOW DRAWDOWNS DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

Thus far the only EA that has entered the Challenge™ with a realistic coder behind it is the creator of Lily....never once did he misrepresent it and his results and expectations have been the most reasonable. He is a professional and I have great respect for him.

There is a new Challenger there with his EA...but he does not answer my Emails or PM's (just in the beginning when he entered), so I just let the EA run and let his Challenge progress.

Doc...you are another professional and once again, I extend the invitation to you for your EA to be entered in the Challenge™.

ES

saintmo,

Give this a chance...let me try to hold the integrity of the Challenge and perhaps there might be a coder with that secret, personal EA (something like the Coca-Cola Receipe) that he would never share make contact with me and we can figure out a way to hold his anonyminity and to never release his code through the use of a remote server solution.

There was a coder who I beleive had this scenario, but he had no interest in sharing or going commercial. I would not be a sales agent as that would end my integrity, readership and the Challenge as we know it. I never heard from him again. All I could offer was to be an unbiased third party live testing solution.

ES

I'm trying to work this thread out completely. I understand the things you are looking for regarding R:R and DD.. However, what if someone has an EA with 1:1 RR or even 1:4 RR but its intraday drawdown is close to null...

Shouldn't it just matter if it were profitable with the drawdown requirements met.

R:R always varies with trading style, for instance, scalping there is probably no possible way to get anything over 1:1 unless you rarely rarely trade, and trade only during high volitility .. But on a retail broker you are destined for a stop out anyway.

Hit rates should be accounted for...

Just some food for thought, not trying to disrupt your ideas ES, as I know you have some great ones.

...in 6 months the Max Intraday DD must never exceed 17% from the highest banked balance...not one year

The 1-year ROI must be 34% ...ok so its 1:1....) but the 17% should be maintained during the whole year...do not forget, but the Challenge is only 6 months long)

The reasoning for the yield requirements was to stop a nanolot trader from winning because there was no size compared to the 1K

I think the main idea here is to consider that the EA must always remain robust and never fall back on its profits...

ES

TaKiii:
I'm trying to work this thread out completely. I understand the things you are looking for regarding R:R and DD.. However, what if someone has an EA with 1:1 RR or even 1:4 RR but its intraday drawdown is close to null...

Shouldn't it just matter if it were profitable with the drawdown requirements met.

R:R always varies with trading style, for instance, scalping there is probably no possible way to get anything over 1:1 unless you rarely rarely trade, and trade only during high volitility .. But on a retail broker you are destined for a stop out anyway.

Hit rates should be accounted for...

Just some food for thought, not trying to disrupt your ideas ES, as I know you have some great ones.

Hi, ES. I've been a way for a while working on my own automated traders and developing different strategies. What was not made clear to me when I explicitly asked was if the ES Ratio Indicator has all rules for it to calculate your ratio. Do you calculate floating and banked trades or only banked trades and DD from highest banked i.e. closed trades!? Please tell. I am a long way from completing some of these designs yet so it is all on paper and tests so to speak for now and foreseeable future.

A lot has happened while I was away, not really?

I will have to read your site to catch up.

I always thought SD was a

Anyways' keep well and trade well! I look forward to more updates and developments in the future, how long will you continue the contest or challenge before you can say you actually prove anything, I mean it is an open ended deal, you realise. Many you won't attract ever.

Files:
esi-ratio-.jpg  31 kb

looking for gems in a gutter

drgoodvibe:
ES, I think one of the reasons your having such a hard time finding an EA that meets your challenge requirements is that professional hedge funds with geniuses at work don't return 25% annually. While your trolling a forex forum with dare I say not-geniuses at work. It's kind of like finding a needle in a haystack.

.. more like looking for gems in a gutter

These are the real deals

Barclay CTA Index | Barclay Trading Group, Ltd.

Barclay Hedge Fund Index | Barclay Trading Group, Ltd.

@ES

Hmm, what about a EA that on backtest runs for over 2 years and on forward test made this moth a profit of 12.79% (11 trading days)?

Is set for 1:100 leverage on Alpari .

Is far for finish yet (it must run from 1999 till today on backtest) but if you think is ok for your contest I may start to test it on 1:400 at ibfx

See here test report 2006-2008

Reason: