ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 29

Introducing the latest ElectricSavant Challenge™

Kendra_MBHedge

Bright Idea's :: Log in

ES

Please excuse the intermittant outage in the Forum...The webhost is upgrading to a new SQL server.

ES and his quest for the Holy Grail.

Sooner or later, you gotta just lower your expectations, and look for more reasonable returns with tolerable risks. I would definitely focus more on yield than DD. I know of EAs out there that may meet your requirements if tweaked for lower yields, but I don't know anyone who would divulge it for a small challenge, especially when they are busy figuring out how to make huge life-changing profits with it. Usually, these EAs are the work of multiple contributors, and notoriety is avoided like a plague.

Well,

My expectations are reasonable.

ES

jbfx:
ES and his quest for the Holy Grail. Sooner or later, you gotta just lower your expectations, and look for more reasonable returns with tolerable risks. I would definitely focus more on yield than DD. I know of EAs out there that may meet your requirements if tweaked for lower yields, but I don't know anyone who would divulge it for a small challenge, especially when they are busy figuring out how to make huge life-changing profits with it. Usually, these EAs are the work of multiple contributors, and notoriety is avoided like a plague.

If you think it is reasonable, then who am I to argue. Carry on.

As far as "quest" for the Holy Grail...

That would also be personal...

but seriously....I think anything over a max of 17% intraday drawdown from the highest banked balance is UNREASONABLE for a 34% ROI...

ES

ElectricSavant:

but seriously....I think anything over a max of 17% intraday drawdown from the highest banked balance is UNREASONABLE for a 34% ROI...

ES

hI ES,

i just tweaking my latest EA.... can i join your challenge?

ElectricSavant:

ES

Expected long term ROI in the stock market is 8% yearly...and the DD could be 50%....

ElectricSavant:
but seriously....I think anything over a max of 17% intraday drawdown from the highest banked balance is UNREASONABLE for a 34% ROI...ES

ES, if it is such a reasonable expectation, you should have no problem finding many professional funds that can meet it year after year. Hell, some of your managed accounts you are using, should be able to meet it if it is reasonable. But of course, that is very far from reality. I guess the term reasonable is all relative.

jbfx:
ES, if it is such a reasonable expectation, you should have no problem finding many professional funds that can meet it year after year. Hell, some of your managed accounts you are using, should be able to meet it if it is reasonable. But of course, that is very far from reality. I guess the term reasonable is all relative.

The financial markets are full of contradictions. On the one hand you are correct that the 'best' fund managers can seemingly only deliver "modest" returns consistently. On the other, I recall none other than Warren Buffett claim that he could easily produce returns of 50% per month 'ordinarily' - unfortunately his situation is far from ordinary (huge sums to invest), therefore he was restricted in what he could do, also implying that it took a lot of the fun out of trading (poor Warren...).

So I believe that for exceptional individuals, this type of return is indeed 'reasonable' - hell, they would probably label it "mundane"

As an aside, here is a guy that has set himself the goal of turning $5,000 into $250,000 by years end. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, and he certainly has started well - doubling his initial investment in less than 1 month...

Forums - Taking $5K to $250K by year end

Sonds interesting azam...

Is this the same EA as we discussed earlier? Here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178309/page10

ES

azam575:
hI ES,

i just tweaking my latest EA.... can i join your challenge?

Reason: