ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 24

ElectricSavant or anyone else who knows, when I run a backtest in MT4 there are two drawdown numbers. Maximal drawdown and relative drawdown.

I think it is like this:

Maximal drawdown = maximal drawdown in pips.

Relative drawdown = maximal drawdown in %.

Am I correct? So when I backtest EAs I should really look at the relative drawdown right?

I am not really sure.

It's an intraday thing from the highest..is what I need

ES

SimonF:
ElectricSavant or anyone else who knows, when I run a backtest in MT4 there are two drawdown numbers. Maximal drawdown and relative drawdown.

I think it is like this:

Am I correct? So when I backtest EAs I should really look at the relative drawdown right?

I was contacted by a handle I respect and ...well....I will say that ...well I will ask this...

Is it possible to take 1k to 70K with under 1% DD...in 7 years? without MM?

Please do not answer that...

DreamerSavant

SimonF:

I think it is like this:

I had hoped someone who knows would answer, but maybe if I say something wrong I'll be corrected, at least

I have understood the "maximal drawdown" figure to be the largest snapshot difference between balance and equity, at any time during the test, whereas the "relative drawdown" figure would be the maximal difference between equity and any prior balance (or more specifically, the prior highest balance), at any time during the test.

So, yes, you should look at "relative drawdown".

You can understand that If I used the word Relative drawdown that many would still not understand ...

everyone (not Ralph) please pay attention to these four words:

Max

Intraday

Highest

Banked

Now lets put them together:

A Max of 17% Intraday drawdown from the Highest Banked balance

Ralph, I have a question for you ...and I am not joking...

If a backtest revealed 6.5 billion in 7 years with a max relative DD of 1%...from 1K with MM...what is your comment?

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
I had hoped someone who knows would answer, but maybe if I say something wrong I'll be corrected, at least

I have understood the "maximal drawdown" figure to be the largest snapshot difference between balance and equity, at any time during the test, whereas the "relative drawdown" figure would be the maximal difference between equity and any prior balance (or more specifically, the prior highest balance), at any time during the test.

So, yes, you should look at "relative drawdown".

So you are talking 20% (compounded) growth per month? on a 1% investment? Seriously?

Can't be...I need forward tests..

Thanks...

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
So you are talking 20% (compounded) growth per month? on a 1% investment? Seriously?

Well there are two Challengers up and running. I had to remove the ScrewDriver thread and log-in until it is ready for primetime.

But the offer remains open to the developer of ScrewDriver.

So far the new Challenger booked a profit and is running a near positive float.

Thank you for reading and if anybody believes they can beat this Challenge, I offer you a chance to prove your abilitiies anonymously and live! You keep the first 6 months of profit in exchange for the chance to trade your EA for my personal account. You anonyminity will be respected.

ES

Is there anybody out there?..(said in Pink Floyd's voice)

I will embarrass myself tonight by suggesting that there is not an EA that can beat the ElectricSavant Challenge™ just because no one has.

I have put it on the line just to prove something to myself...and well...I am growing stronger in my beliefs...is this my problem?

ES

Reason: