ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 32

I am pleased to announce the the 3rd Challenger is online and started at 06:08 (gmt) 04/07/08.

Good Trading to You, Kendra_MBHedge

See Forum for log-in info if you wish to follow along. There have been no entries at the time of this post.

ES

I am funding a fourth account for Challenger #4

jerung ES2

I am waiting for answers to a few questions from the founder and hopefully by next week all will be complete.

ES

Could you suggest a solution on how I should ask for it?

I sincerely apologize if I have offended any of my friends and fellow traders here.

If there is a consensus of traders that wish me to end the Challenge and if I have offended many...I can surly cancle it.

Please post your vote here...it is too late to add a poll I believe.

Humbly

ES

lietuve:

So maybe an EA with no more than 17% DD from banked balance exists somewhere but if I had it - this contest is not the way to ask for it!

Cheers,

Lietuve

I think the most likely winner to this challenge is iGoR, so you probably want to think twice about taking him up on that offer. As for the challenge, I think the risk setting of 17% DD is too tight. You gotta let the market breathe, and with all the spikes & fakes of the market, 17% is asking for a lot. But it is your challenge, we are just trying to reduce your expectations, then perhaps an EA can meet your standard.

My expectations?

I do not believe anybody can beat this Challenge and I expect others to realize that.

Do you think I just picked 15% out of the air?..(I added 2% to make this fair for a real good code to actually have a chance to win).

ES

jbfx:
I think the most likely winner to this challenge is iGoR, so you probably want to think twice about taking him up on that offer. As for the challenge, I think the risk setting of 17% DD is too tight. You gotta let the market breathe, and with all the spikes & fakes of the market, 17% is asking for a lot. But it is your challenge, we are just trying to reduce your expectations, then perhaps an EA can meet your standard.

The Challenge is now over...

I will let the current contestants run their course.

You can thank JBFX and iGoR and lietuive and tdion and "THEM" and the "WE" that JBFX speaks of.

ES

P.S. Thank you everybody for reading. I hope that for those of you thinking of entering are not dissappointed. But if you are please do not PM me...PM "them". It was fun and you had a real good thing here.... I will contact newdigital to close this thread and I would like to thank Him, the readers, and this forum for allowing this experiment.

we are just trying to reduce your expectations, then perhaps an EA can meet your standard.

ElectricSavant:
The Challenge is now over...

I will let the current contestants run their course.

You can thank JBFX and iGoR and lietuive and tdion and "THEM" and the "WE" that JBFX speaks of.

ES

P.S. Thank you everybody for reading. I hope that for those of you thinking of entering are not dissappointed. But if you are please do not PM me...PM "them". It was fun and you had a real good thing here.... I will contact newdigital to close this thread and I would like to thank Him, the readers, and this forum for allowing this experiment.

This is too bad!

EVERYONE, all ES was trying to do was inspire and stretch everyone's trading and coding abilities. If you think the challenge is unreasonable or impossible then ignore it. There are many here who were up to the challenge, even if they don't succeed, everyone can learn from the attempt.

The only one putting up any real risk is ES, he was funding and putting his own money on the line. That seams to me to be a great opportunity for all system developers and coders.

Thank You ES for creating and inspiring traders with your challenge.

ES,

The truth is that you set the standards very high for DD, and it would take a very very good EA to prevent such DD. Such EA probably does exist, but the chances of it appearing is very slim to none.

Now if you want to blame me for all your other challengers not meeting your goals, fine, I'm a big boy. But I think iGoR has made you an unbelieveable offer, so it's unfair to blame him.

There is no conspiracy theory, there's nobody in "we" or "them". It's just honest feedback. And if you want to continue to be a beta tester for other's EAs and slowly drain your accounts, be my guest.

And this is just my opinion, and I can be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time and probably won't be the last. But you and I both know that this is lost cause, and it's not working for what you were hoping for...making money.

Reason: