BlackBird ea - page 6

Maximal Drawdown: 48.64 (8.67%) ...this is why I have MaxLoss set at 50%.

faifarni:
Close to 10% gain in 5 days. I'll continue testing and report back. 5 spread. Dual charts. Starting lot .01 and a profit target of .10. Thank your for this ea Cuda... Nick,

HedgeBird

HedgeBird development.....

It seems to me the dual chart mode should be one direction on each side and the ea shoud handle both charts with the global exit for both charts. The progression of doubling or 1.5 Growthfactor could take place, thus the strongest trend would get the biggest trade size.

The spread would handle when the entry of the second chart would kick in (the hedge) when in the dual mode.....and a new input for GridSpacing could be added.

ES

Three-Way HedgeBird

A third pair could be introduced to really make this interesting...The bird could manage all three and surly a correlation study would yield profit with three pair....but maybe this would become too much like Freedomrocks or ForexforSmarties...

ES

P.S. By the way I came very near blowing up the EUR/USD a few hours ago...

Another thing...

A High Probabilty Mode (HP Mode) could be added to this EA and simply allow entries only after the range of a 5 minute bar exceeds the users input when AutoRestart is "true". The theory is that a wide range bar preceeding the entry would allow the progression to be shorter as there is volatility to come and not ranging....or maybe a successon of narrow range bars may blow your dress up ...I really do not know...or maybe 3 period ATR's could be used...what is your fancy? Hey...I got an idea...evertime Hillary flip-flops that could trigger an entry!!! But seriously...just before a news event this EA cannot lose...think about it....

ES

P.S. The TF to use could be an input for the HP section of the inputs in the EA, as you do not necessarily need to limit it to the range of the M5 bar...

Gee...I hope I am not posting too much to this guys thread...I have been awake too many hours again...I better go to bed or I am going to get sick...I apologize folks, its just that I get so much energy and ideas when I return from the Gym.

faifarni:
Close to 10% gain in 5 days. I'll continue testing and report back. 5 spread. Dual charts. Starting lot .01 and a profit target of .10. Thank your for this ea Cuda... Nick,

Hi FAifarni,

I wanted to ask your setting thanks........

Ciao Massimo

soooooo Gamblers...

Here is what I am testing at the moment (I have started and stopped many demo's thus far to find my tolerance).

Two 2K IBFX Demo platforms with 400:1...two charts in each platform long and short (EUR/USD, GBP/JPY).

Here are the inputs for each:

MT4 Platform #1 (EUR/USD)

chart #1 (StartingDirection = long or "1")

Lots: 0.05

Spread: 5 (default)

GrowthFactor: 2 (default)

ProfitTarget: 1.0

MaxLoss: 1000 (adust to 50% of banked balance) Late Edit

StartingDirection: 1 (default)

StopLoss: 1000

MaxTrades: 10 Late Edit

Slippage: 3 (default)

Autorestart: true (default)

MagicNumber 123457

Comments: Comment (write here a note to yourself, shows up on the chart)

chart #2 (StartingDirection = short or "-1")

Spread: 5 (default)

MaxLoss: 1000 (adjust to 50% of banked balance) Late Edit

StartingDirection: -1

MaxTrades: 10 Late Edit

MagicNumber 123456 (default)

MT4 Platform #2

(GBP/JPY)

chart #1 (StartingDirection = long or "1")

Lots: 0.01

Spread: 25 Late Edit

ProfitTarget: 0.7 Late Edit

MaxLoss: 1000

StartingDirection: 1 (default)

MaxTrades: 14 Late Edit

MagicNumber 123457

chart #2 (StartingDirection = short or "-1")

Lots: 0.01

Spread: 25 Late Edit

ProfitTarget: 0.7 Late Edit

MaxLoss: 1000

StartingDirection: -1

MaxTrades: 14 Late Edit

MagicNumber 123456 (default)

Lots of trades this Monday AM but it is not real busy like it was Friday Morning on the EUR/USD.

The Balance is now $2,116.50after it just exited all of the trades and reentered one Long and One short again...This perpetual ATM machine never stops! (Could you imagine if it had a hedge to tame DD?).

Perhaps there is a technique to use on timing....when to enter the short side of this EUR/USD setup. Just because we enter long and short at the same time does not mean that we are hedged...this EA alternates from long to short while increasing tradesize but one of you brilliant guys might be able to discover mathematically the Holy Grail here...with a proper hedge technique...This EA is profitable but very scary....The "M" word is a failed method we all know this...but a hedged martingale is more comfortable.

ES

P.S. The other question here is...will I be able to get to 4K doubling my initial start capital trading this EA in its current published state...allowing me to withdraw 2K and play with house money? You will see right here in tsd....

for now gamblers...CYA and good Gambling to You

I cannot list all of the trades, there are too many. I can only check the computer now and then and report here.

BALANCE: $2,117.50, FLOAT: -$0.70, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 01:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 1

BALANCE: $2,118.50, FLOAT: +$0.85, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 5

BALANCE: $2,119.50, FLOAT: +$0.00, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 2

BALANCE: $2,126.29, FLOAT: -$1.65, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 20:23 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 8

Folks...

I may be doing everything correctly. I may know how to analyze and evaluate.

My work here is just for your enjoyment...but would you really trade this? would your really endure up 50% DD?...say you had 5K or 10K in this...that is a lot of money for a piker like me, to float...

I want to disclose to you...That since I started Forex 3 or 4 years ago, I have lost more money than I have made.

But I am sick. I am a Gambler. And I want to thank cuda for this EA. It is Fun!

ES

As you know I have been testing the EUR/USD (GBP/JPY blew up). At the bottom of this post is the progress from the beginning.

I am testing to see how long I can survive in an "always in" setting (I do try and get flat of Friday's though). I want to see if I can double my capital and play with house money eventually. I have the progression stopping at 10 (MaxTrades) and I constantly update my maxloss to reflect whatever 50% of the banked balance is. The banked balance never goes backwards...always forwards and growing....well unless you reach the MaxLoss of course. This test could be improved by imploring some sort of reliable High Probability" entry filter for the AutoRestart to use when re-entering after the exit, instead of just getting immediatly back in. To keep in the spirit of BlackBird, use some sort of Price Action" filter...no lagging indicators please.

My conclusions while waiting to get the blow up...Well I would never trade this live without the hedge upgrade which is being worked on. I have reached the max trade count of ten, four times, with heavy exposure and pip value, while carrying a -48% float! One interesting thing did happen on the last maxtrade excursion...the other side ran out of trades at a perfect position ...the float got locked and it's last trade was long while on the first chart the last trade was short...the float no longer moved as it was a perfect hedge!...I just had to wait for one side to exit for the new progression. I know this is confusing... don't ask me to explain, cause' I can't.

ES

P.S. If anybody is a real gambler here, you could start with 5K with the dual-chart method on the EUR/USD with 0.01 lotsize at IBFX and set MaxTrades to 12 (400:1 leverage is available), always adjust the maxloss to 50% of the banked balance and look for a ProfitTarget of 0.7. Try a spread of 6. Again, personally I am waiting for a meaningful hedge upgrade or a better BlackBird strategy to use that I have not realized.

P.P.S. If you read the attached html statement (the graph does not post... damn!) THIS IS MY ACTUAL FORWARD TEST

Average profit trade: 15.45................. loss trade: -19.86

What does this mean....??? It means that heavier trade sizes win....This is a danger signal in itself that many analysts use ...whenever the average loss trade is larger than the win trade....well figure it out...to be profitable it would need to win though martingale money management...so again when you see this upside-down statistic above it will reveal to you the "walk away" signal...do not waste your time.

2k IBFX DEMO (dual-chart) INPUTS:

Spead: 5

MaxLoss: (whatever 50% of your banked balance is at the moment)

StartingDirection: 1 (other EUR/USD chart "-1")

StopLoss:1000

MaxTrades: 10

AutoRestart: true (default)

MagicNumber 123457 (other EUR/USD chart "123456")

Comments: You may write here what you wish and it will show up in the upper left of your chart

I cannot list all of the trades, there are too many. I can only check the account history tab "now and then"... and report here.

BALANCE: $2,117.50, FLOAT: -$0.70, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 01:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 1

BALANCE: $2,118.50, FLOAT: +$0.85, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 5

BALANCE: $2,119.50, FLOAT: +$0.00, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 2

BALANCE: $2,126.29, FLOAT: -$1.65, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 20:23 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 8

BALANCE: $2,128.89, FLOAT: -$0.50, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 22:35 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 6

BALANCE: $2,162.99, FLOAT: -$0.80, 12/18/07 Tuesday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10 maxed out with 400:1 leverage and experienced over 25% drawdown

BALANCE: $2,250.82, FLOAT: -$1.30, 12/19/07 Wednesday TIME: 11:33 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10 maxed out with 400:1 leverage and experienced over 48% drawdown

Files:

Updated BB results

Now slightly over 10% gains.

Files:
Reason: