BlackBird ea - page 8

So when do we reenter the delay?...

Possible Answer: (I do not know how to code)

when the ROC rises...(momentum indicator in MT4)

ES

cuda's absence means something..

else he wants us to write a new EA on our own from the beginning.

or...

There is language problem...

He seems like a nice guy and PM's me asking me if I need any help every evening...so he is here reading this thread. He is not a coder.

ES

Let me explain...

We use a spread in a "two chart alternating long and short entry system", weighted with 'lotsize incremental increases" blowing in the wind.

So why do we not add a delay when we progress half way through the maxtrades?

Another big help would be to figure out an autosmarterrestart method and find higher probability volatility zones for this method to begin the progression with.

ES

This has been done before. It still cannot escape the spikes and megatrends in the opposite direction. You better have some huge account if you want to carry the float before you get a margin call.

ElectricSavant:
So when do we reenter the delay?...

Possible Answer: (I do not know how to code)

when the ROC rises...(momentum indicator in MT4)

ES

The 'delay' you speak of is analagous to an account d/d, and ending it (closing the hedge) is the same as doing so at the optimum time ( a reversal) - at least that is how I see it.

What I was trying to do was filter major spikes, in an effort to breath life into a martingaler (I failed!) and yes, ROC was the trigger. What I found was I could get it to work with specific settings, but it would interfere with other time periods - the account would survive one large spike but would come to grief elsewhere.

Fustrating...

Spikes and megatrends are welcome...you do not understand this EA...

jbfx:
This has been done before. It still cannot escape the spikes and megatrends in the opposite direction. You better have some huge account if you want to carry the float before you get a margin call.

again...please give me a spike...it is most welcome...try to put this in a "can" is not where it is at...

avoiding the bounce between the spread is what you want to avoid...Fortunatley the EUR/USD does quite nicely thus far...

ES

omelette:
The 'delay' you speak of is analagous to an account d/d, and ending it (closing the hedge) is the same as doing so at the optimum time ( a reversal) - at least that is how I see it.

What I was trying to do was filter major spikes, in an effort to breath life into a martingaler (I failed!) and yes, ROC was the trigger. What I found was I could get it to work with specific settings, but it would interfere with other time periods - the account would survive one large spike but would come to grief elsewhere.

Fustrating...

Folks...

In the current state there is not a hedge in this EA...eventhough you are using two charts of the same pair...Please put this on a demo and you will see....

Please understand that these posters and I go back a long way and we are not arguing...we are working!

cuda...you aint' seen nothin' yet...there is some real talent here.

ES

Maybe a Paint drawing of your method will make things clearer....

This is not my method...

I will get a post soon...it is Wifey's birthday...

ES

tdion:
Maybe a Paint drawing of your method will make things clearer....
Reason: