BlackBird ea - page 11

We are getting close to an 80 line breach...but I do not trade this session...there will not be any trades until the London open or an hour before it if I get a breach...

If this were live money...I do not trade until the New Year as most professionals do...but this is a good time to test real hard...

ES

ok the 2k test blew up and now I am testing the 5K demo model with cherry picking "normalized ATR entries". I am using multiple instances of the EUR/USD in the one platform (up to six charts) for test purposes with different magic numbers.

I have the "normalized ATR indicator" with its default settings on the M5, in another demo platform on another computer, as it is printing a comment line on each tick to the experts tab (I do not know if this was inteneded or a bug that could be commented out). With this exessive printing to the experts tab of MT4, I want the indicator on a separate chart and computer as to not interfere with BlackBird's trade executions.

Wish me luck...

ES

I will post the results here when I can...the time is when I post and not the time the trade was executed.

12/26/07 5:02 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,004.89 Trade count seen: N/A

12/26/07 9:02 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,007.01 Trade count seen: 4, Charts Opened:Flat

12/27/07 5:13 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,012.02 Trade count seen: 10, Charts Opened:Flat

Normalized ATR

Files:

I just cannot figure out a good entry method to find the volatility...I got a trade count of 10 on this last set and this is not acceptable.

I changed the Normalized ATR to 14/100 with a breach line of 70 and no entries after 10:00 am (mst) until the London open. (see picture in the following post)

I am nearing the end of my tests...I am frustrated as I cannot seem to find a good entry point...for gawds sakes...I do not have to be perfect...I have 12 chances to get an exit....but I only want to use 4 of them...

ES

I will post the results here when I can...the time is when I post and not the time the trade was executed.

12/26/07 5:02 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,004.89 Trade count seen: N/A

12/26/07 9:02 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,007.01 Trade count seen: 4, Charts Opened:Flat

12/27/07 5:13 (mst) NAV (includes Float)= $5,012.02 Trade count seen: 10, Charts Opened:Flat

Any new version of Blackbird coming out?

Thanks

I have to discontinue my testing of the current BlackBird. For those of you reading this thread, as you know I have spent a lot of time with this.

I think the answer lies in wider spreads and I do not have the time to test and share further.

I want to take this time to wish all of you a prosperous New Year and I hope that you reach what you dream of.

The search continues.......

ES

I stared trading Blackbird on an Interbank FX Trading DEMO Account (Beginning Balance $5, 000) on 12/30/2007 around 5 PM (When the markets opened).

These are the results as posted in terminal window as of 8 PM (EST) on 12/31/2007.

Balance: $ 5,154.57

Equity: $ 5,158.48

Margin: $ 160.00

Free Margin: $ 4,998.48

Margin Level: 3224.05 %

These are the actual figues posted under the Trade Tab in the terminal window.

I hate MetaTrader for not having a way to print out a list of the trades to a printer!!

How could anybody design such a good system and leave out one of the most important things!! At any rate, I am posting the results so you guys can see. What I do not understand is why there is nothing under the Account History Tab. Does that mean that all the tardes are still open?

Warren

We need to find a zone to enter and/or autorestart in. I cannot seem

to identiffy where that is. To predict volatility is just as hard as

to predict direction. There will always be the risk of blowing up. I

am at my end with ideas for now. I still have hopes for the EA...but I

need to get some ideas...

wseyle:
I stared trading Blackbird on an Interbank FX Trading DEMO Account (Beginning Balance $5, 000) on 12/30/2007 around 5 PM (When the markets opened).

These are the results as posted in terminal window as of 8 PM (EST) on 12/31/2007.

Balance: $ 5,154.57

Equity: $ 5,158.48

Margin: $ 160.00

Free Margin: $ 4,998.48

Margin Level: 3224.05 %

These are the actual figues posted under the Trade Tab in the terminal window.

I hate MetaTrader for not having a way to print out a list of the trades to a printer!!

How could anybody design such a good system and leave out one of the most important things!! At any rate, I am posting the results so you guys can see. What I do not understand is why there is nothing under the Account History Tab. Does that mean that all the tardes are still open?

Warren

What do you mean "Trade Tab"?

You can right click anywhere in your "Account History" tab trades and select "Save as detailed report" then print everything.

Files:
trades.jpg  72 kb

I thought you were stepping down for awhile....

ElectricSavant:
We need to find a zone to enter and/or autorestart in. I cannot seem

to identiffy where that is. To predict volatility is just as hard as

to predict direction. There will always be the risk of blowing up. I

am at my end with ideas for now. I still have hopes for the EA...but I

need to get some ideas...
Reason: